New Footy game

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to those who are seeing the big picture - your help and support is appreciated as always :)

32_Cloke,

Do you know why a game of this type and quality doesnt already exist?

It's because studios like IR Gurus have decided that it's not viable to produce. That's due in part to the relatively small market of potential AFL gamers out there (and even smaller number of strategic gamers), but also that they know a hefty percentage of the people who do play the game wont be buying it.

My plan is to create the game that I, and many like me have waited years for. More than 15 years in many cases, though my guess is that you werent around back then. The plan is for not 1 single version, but for something that evolves over time with new versions, and supports online multiplayer gaming (live matchday coaching against real opponents, online leagues etc). The goal will always be to keep the price point low so as to make the game available to as many people as possible.

All of this takes time - a lot of it. With the right community support it has the potential to grow to the point where I can work on it full time or possibly even have a team of people working on it full time.

Oh, and TAR wasnt free until recently - it was $30. After speaking to the folks at TAR it was clear that the reason that they didnt head towards making new versions was that it wasnt viable. 32_Cloke, you've contributed in a small way to that. And for the record, I paid the $30 for TAR, which i still consider to be the best game of its type ever mate (yet ;)), even though I figured out how their security works.

Anyway, this post is getting long so I'll wrap it up here. As you can guess, this is a topic that always gets my attention. I'm not naive enough to rely on peoples good nature, and have already spent a great deal of time on security.
Although the game will be completely installed on your machine, it will require an active internet connection to play. This is unfortunate, as it'll preclude a number of people, but unavoidable thanks to the likes of 32_Cloke.

There might be people out there who have the technical ability to Steal this game, but i can assure you 32_Cloke that doesnt include the likes of you.

Cheers,
Ad

After playing Championship Manager and Football Manager for the last 10 years, the thought of playing something like these games is all I need to happily hand over the cash for this game. To think that footy lovers could want to rip this guy off is deplorable. Still, I suppose there is always gonna be scum in this world (32_Cloke...cough cough) who don't appreciate the hard work people put into things.

Good on ya Adam, you're going to be a hero around these parts :D

you're a pathetic little troll 32_Cloke.

Ad has put all this time into this game, so everyone can enjoy a great game. and you jsut want to be a greedy arseh*le and get the game for free.

How would you like it if at your job you lost money because your employer didn't want to pay you?
haha, you said jsut :rolleyes:

Anyway I agree with this, Cloke, if you don't like the fact you have to pay for the game, then piss off, cos only little scrags what put this sorta stuff on limewire. I know how much effort Ad is putting into this game, because I was going to try to help him before my CPU died and I had to revert to dial up. I'd be willing to pay in excess of $200 of this game, it's gonna be that well designed, and you just wanna scrag a free copy.

That's disgusting Cloke.

well some people dont want to pay for it. look at the people who made tar n ff they didnt charge a thing and it took them a while to make it. he is charging becasue to cover the costs but maybe some people dont want to pay for it
Go to Coles, steal whatever you want, cos I'm sure you don't want to pay for that, either.

The way Ad had planned to have it set up was to make it an online game where you must log in each time you play, hence you wouldnt be able to play unless you had paid for a username.

Therefore he had thought about the prospect of cheapskates beforehand and delt with the issue

Hope I got that right

The way Ad had planned to have it set up was to make it an online game where you must log in each time you play, hence you wouldnt be able to play unless you had paid for a username.

Therefore he had thought about the prospect of cheapskates beforehand and delt with the issue

Hope I got that right

Correct.

Brilliant idea :thumbsu:

Hope I got that right
So you HAVE to be online to play?

That sorta screws me over.

the solution to all your problems.

Get an internet connection.

I'm 90% sure ad just said you needed to be online when it verifies it when you open it. but you won't need a internet connection while your playing the game. but it may try and reverify after a certain time of the program being on.

(typing all this by memory so i might be a bit wrong)

the solution to all your problems.

Get an internet connection.

I'm 90% sure ad just said you needed to be online when it verifies it when you open it. but you won't need a internet connection while your playing the game. but it may try and reverify after a certain time of the program being on.

(typing all this by memory so i might be a bit wrong)

Yeah, pretty close mate - although nothing has been decided 100%.

What i can tell you definitely, as that it'll all be done silently by the game as it starts up. You wont have to login or type anything, and it'll take less time than it took to render the page that you're looking at right now.

Negligible bandwidth for those with limitations.

You wont have to be connected the whole time you're playing - just when the game starts up (which it wont do without a connection). Then as Damian said, random checks after the game has been running continuously for a long while - like a day.

I have a couple of other options that I'm looking into for those who dont have internet connections which may or may not work out. For now I'll stick to what I can tell you for sure.

While this first version is a stand-alone game, everything is being written with a view to online gaming in the future. No matter what happens, the game will always be playable in stand alone mode, but I'm pretty sure most of the people who play Premiership Coach will love the idea of online leagues - and that means internet connections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate, can you tell me what's up here. When i try to install TAR(wrong game, i know), it says i have to download the player editor from prem coach, which, i'm assuming is your game. The thing is, when I try this, it keeps coming up with an error message, Cannot find WindowsBase 3.0.0.0, and closes down all the windows. Do you know how I can rectify this ad?

But I think TAR are using the PC player editor.Am I right in thinking that, ad?

No mate. I havent looked at the TAR editor, but I can assure you that we havent shared any software.

To answer your question in the earlier post, as a guess it looks as though something is looking for the .NET framework 3.0.

Try installing the framework (free dlownload from microsoft site) and see if that helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Footy game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back