GiveGasTheFlick

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Storm The Bushrangers
Good on the Hawks for winning the big GF but i haven't seen so many new jumpers over the last few days.Is this the biggest BANDWAGON in vfl/afl history :D

Ha Ha, I agree. I read in the paper that yesterday or Saturday alone we turned over about $600,000 in merchandise compared to $100,000 for a year a couple of years ago

Not me though. I would have worn my wooley guernsey if it had still fitted so I settled for my early 2000's jumper.
And I won't be buying any new guernsey's until they get Tasmania off it

Bandwagon or not, the sky is the limit

Hawks do it the hard way

http://sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-display/hawks-do-it-the-hard-way-57634/page/2

And it was those same football fans that the Hawks fought for that repaid the club by joining up in their thousands and, on Saturday, providing the kind of atmosphere at an AFL grand final not seen since Collingwood ended its 32-year premiership drought in 1990.

The new Hawthorn supporter base is much louder, larger and passionate than in the club's glory era in the 1980s and the way the pro-Hawks crowd lifted their team at the MCG on Saturday was simply spine-tingling.

Ha Ha, I agree. I read in the paper that yesterday or Saturday alone we turned over about $600,000 in merchandise compared to $100,000 for a year a couple of years ago

Not me though. I would have worn my wooley guernsey if it had still fitted so I settled for my early 2000's jumper.
I hope your club makes heaps of cash but those people that get on the club a week before and after the granny just shit me.

I'll stick with the NAB/Clash jumper, the new logo that dominates the front of it is like a symbol for a new era for the hawks. I can't claim the glory of the 70's & 80's because I was to young. But I've lived through the bad times and now I'm going to enjoy what is hopefully the next great era for our club

I'll admit, I was embarassed by the number of supporters milling around Fed square at 9pm on Saturday night. Way too many people who probably pulled their hawk scarf out of the dusty cupboard and thought, "I'm gonna head into the city to celebrate even though I didn't go to any games this year".

Then again it's better than the days when we had 15,000 members and everyone of them were die-hard fans. At least our future is secured

I'll admit, I was embarassed by the number of supporters milling around Fed square at 9pm on Saturday night. Way too many people who probably pulled their hawk scarf out of the dusty cupboard and thought, "I'm gonna head into the city to celebrate even though I didn't go to any games this year".

Then again it's better than the days when we had 15,000 members and everyone of them were die-hard fans. At least our future is secured
Spot on champ

Yeah, I wore my shit mid-late 90's pre-season jumper from when we were a shit side. I would have worn the jumper I bought the morning of the 1988 GF (and wore to the GF - No.23) but 20 years have passed and the fit isn't quite the same as when I was 15. :D

Having said all that, probably time to buy a new one.

Trust me, there was no greater collection of brand new scarfs and guernseys than at the 2001 grand final parade. It was absolutely nauseating.

As for Hawthorn, after the game against Essendon earlier this year I was walking behind an elderly woman wearing a 51 year membership scarf. I remember patting her on the pack and saying I hope the Hawks won the flag just for her loyalty.

Trust me, there was no greater collection of brand new scarfs and guernseys than at the 2001 grand final parade. It was absolutely nauseating.

As for Hawthorn, after the game against Essendon earlier this year I was walking behind an elderly woman wearing a 51 year membership scarf. I remember patting her on the pack and saying I hope the Hawks won the flag just for her loyalty.

My granddad will have 60 next year!! Admittedly he's a life member

That woman is a bloody testament to AFL football in general

My saints jacket is that old it doesn't even have a sponsers logo on it.

I remember going to a game at Telstra Dome (03 or 04 I think) and there was a loud Boganwood supporter behind us pointing out and publicly humiliating any Saints supporter within eyeshot that had new gear on. I cringed because he was so right in what he said about those "bandwagoners".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when all of us Essendon supporters buy new jumpers because of the changed sponsor and apparel supplier, we'll all be bandwagon supporters.

And I'm sure that all of your clubs just hate it when you buy their gear every year. Geez they hate the money that they make out of it. I'm sure they give it to charity.

New gear = bandwagon supporter. Interesting logic. :rolleyes:

the official ones from the club are the non-match worn ones the players get, so they will

Really? I thought that the whole point of this gold logo was so the players had something else just for them about the premiership. :confused:

Any Geelong fans have one with a gold logo?

So when all of us Essendon supporters buy new jumpers because of the changed sponsor and apparel supplier, we'll all be bandwagon supporters.

And I'm sure that all of your clubs just hate it when you buy their gear every year. Geez they hate the money that they make out of it. I'm sure they give it to charity.

New gear = bandwagon supporter. Interesting logic. :rolleyes:

Of course. You can't have the new jumper ever, you have to stick with the first ever jumper you get until it falls apart from being 10 sizes too small.

Good on the Hawks for winning the big GF but i haven't seen so many new jumpers over the last few days.Is this the biggest BANDWAGON in vfl/afl history :D
In VFL/AFL history?
Does that include when Richmond last won a Flag.
If you want to see bandwagoners just wait till the Tiges win 3 games in a row.

Of course. You can't have the new jumper ever, you have to stick with the first ever jumper you get until it falls apart from being 10 sizes too small.

Tick. ;) I have an jumper from circa 1983 that fits but it's, er, snug...

It's my bloody "3" top that's falling apart. They don't make 'em like they used to... Christ I sound old... :(

Remove this Banner Ad

New Hawthorn Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back