New Hawthorn Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

gee i couldnt believe it at the prelim thousands of brand new iron pressed straght from the dry cleaners hawks jumpers with the number 23 made me sick... where were these supporters when hawks were in financial trouble biggest bandwagon i have ever seen their revenue jumped lik 700% lol....

its allright tho coz they will need that money in a few years time when they fall to a mid range team and once again the membership sales fall, merchandise revenue down

something that also angered me was after the grand final one of their players sayin 50k members next year wtf

I even saw some guy with 23 duct taped to his hawthorn jumper,:eek::eek:

Surely if you are going to buy a jumper at least buy an iron on number, or get your granny to stich it on for you!

bahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

if you knew anything about football at ALL you would kno why we arent in the positive its because we are building a state of the art new training facility... but as most hawks supporters who football is new to this year didnt kno it existed the last few you would have no clue at all....

you wont be able to wipe the smile off me when hawks in 2-3 years slide down the ladder their profits turn to losses their memberships again fall and you hear the word MERGER once again

We relocated to Waverley in 2005 and 2006 and still managed profits, even when we were low down on the ladder

Certainly weren't making losses when a finals side

2013 - The Nth Hawks :-D 'get on board'

With another $5m in the kitty this year, I somewhat doubt that.

But if my recollecton is correct St Kilda has 17,000 members in 2002, that is, an example of a pathetic football club

1 year of success, no money or members after 112 years is an example of a largely irrelevent organisation

Good on the Hawks for winning the big GF but i haven't seen so many new jumpers over the last few days.Is this the biggest BANDWAGON in vfl/afl history :D

Hey, any club should be delirious with the "bandwaggoneers". Every one of them who spend a $100 on a new jumper further strengthens the clubs finances.
All my friends who are Hawks are of the long suffering type.

i saw some flog at the soccer on sunday wearing a new hawthorn jumper with THE TAGS STILL ON IT!!!!!

CANNOT GET WORSE THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

any one have any clues on how much the jumper will change next year?
ie. the white back and sponsorship emblems?
Not changing at all. the club returned to this one because it was traditional. the club wanted gold, not yellow (which came in around 1980)

the club has released a premiership jumper, which has the premiers logo rather then the normal AFL one, and has the premiership years printed through monograms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I'm wrong Mitchell Madness, but doesn't the premier wear a grey embroided AFL sign - like Geelong, for the whole of next season?

If it is like Geelong, these jumpers aren't available to the public, just for match day

For what its worth, bandwagoners are more prone to support successful clubs, its actually healthy to have a bandwagon

Correct me if I'm wrong Mitchell Madness, but doesn't the premier wear a grey embroided AFL sign - like Geelong, for the whole of next season?

If it is like Geelong, these jumpers aren't available to the public, just for match day

For what its worth, bandwagoners are more prone to support successful clubs, its actually healthy to have a bandwagon

If the club is reaping the $$$ and the Hawks colors are evident all over town - great!

Unsuccessful clubs can whine about "bandwagoning" all they like.

at waverly today they were selling the ones im talking about... the players wont wear this...

they wear a gold AFL symbol during the season, and while not on sale to the public, the club will sell some of the match-day jumpers they have left over, which they do every year.

Geelong was well prepared for bandwagoners and people wanting an update in 07/08- changed logo and sponsor AFTER the Grannie! (well, obviously it was in the pipeline, but it worked a treat for merchandise purchases) I have contemplated purchasing a new jumper, but I have realised that I love my old (well, 1996/97ish), woollen Seekem jumper with collar! No number, but it fits beautifully (it must have been huge when I bought it. It was just before the new style/material jumpers came out).

I find the sizing on the new ones quite odd (my beanpole brother wears an XL - wtf?!), and they are a very odd fit for women...so the wool one wins for now. Will consider it again next season!!!

Ha Ha, I agree. I read in the paper that yesterday or Saturday alone we turned over about $600,000 in merchandise compared to $100,000 for a year a couple of years ago

Not me though. I would have worn my wooley guernsey if it had still fitted so I settled for my early 2000's jumper.
And I won't be buying any new guernsey's until they get Tasmania off it

I wear the old Samsung jumper, and like you will not purchase one with the Tassie logo on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Hawthorn Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back