News New Jumpers for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^ As Bombers fans, mind if I ask what the hell is with the lowered sash they've been wearing this season?? I have always liked the Dons home strip but that lowered sash just doesn't look right. Whats the feeling among Bombers fans about that????

It looks fine. It's a change so minor I don't feel it's worth complaining about. Some fans are going insane over it though. The fact is Essendons sash has had many changes in positioning and size but it's always been a red sash (maybe not for our clash jumper but that's a different story).

What looks right changes over time, it's all about what you get used to. I have a feeling that if Brisbane wore their new jumper for a few years I'd have trouble remembering what they were like without it.

Now why wouldn't the Eagles simply reverse the colours of their wings strip for an instant winner of a guernsey? Would make a nice change from white that's for sure.

..because it's a clash jumper, designed for games against the likes of Hawthorn (mostly yellow) and the Dogs (mostly blue)..

Like the Adelaide one, the Carlton one, the Dogs one and the Hawthorn one, it's functional rather than a statement on the status of the clubs history..

Here's all the one's so far in their full form. Not taking away from your original work InCase, it's just that a couple of them were promotional photos that didn't really outline the whole guernsey. Hope you don't mind.

Not at all, that's the point of the thread, I just started it off.

Hopefully the Power move the logo from the gut to the heart, looks stupid as is.

Sydneys is good, seen that here before.

So far, not all that impressed with the new guernseys for 10.

Brisbanes is just horrible.

The Eagles and Crows aren't too bad, however being rip offs of Hawthorns away guernsey of last year. Which I could understand with the Eagles also being done by Puma, however Adelaide is done by Reebok, so how that can be justified by the design department I have no idea.

We were probably one of the first "bird clubs" to put a stylised bird covering one half of the jumper facing the other. We wore this in 1996-98 in Preseason. And re-introduced a similar jumper in last few years as clash jumper.

Adelaide-PS1.gif

frehb.jpg

Freo's new jumper - the red and green stop at the shoulders so the back would be all purple. Also have a new sponsor.

An all purple back then, interesting...

Doesn't look like they've gone with the full new Reebok template again the shoulders are brought down, yes, but no side panels that we see with Port etc.

I think their away one will also adopt the new collar for this season. But due to the polyester material, expect no more piping on the collar/cuffs.

Agree, logo is too big. Looks terrible. What the hell were Woodside thinking! Looks like a local florist sign.

Brisbane's jumper is terrible.

You can add Port's two new jumpers to the list which are both very good.

I'm glad that St Kilda removed the black lines around collar and sleeves, looks much better now.

It is also good to see that Geelong removed the two white lines from the back of the alternate jumper.

Sydney should have gone with their heritage (white with a red sash) jumper as their alternative, it's great. I don't understand why alternative jumpers have to have club logos on them, it's just not footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane's jumper is terrible.

You can add Port's two new jumpers to the list which are both very good.

I'm glad that St Kilda removed the black lines around collar and sleeves, looks much better now.

It is also good to see that Geelong removed the two white lines from the back of the alternate jumper.

Sydney should have gone with their heritage (white with a red sash) jumper as their alternative, it's great. I don't understand why alternative jumpers have to have club logos on them, it's just not footy.

I think its so when you first look at the jumper you can identify which club it is, but that is only my thoughts. I dunno if there is an official reason the clubs/designers do it.

really like the adelaide new one and i think the brisbane ones are alright

It seems darker and pointier enough. I do notice that Reebok are making all their sponsor logos quite big. I guess it's part of some masterplan to give the sponsors a bit more exposure.

Edited my original post to include all new guernseys "on their own" (as in without players modelling, pumping fists etc) :D

Also includes new Port guernseys.

the new brisbane guernsey is shit, the old one was much nicer.
and freos guernsey's logo is too big, plus the collar doesnt suit it.
adelaide's one is ok

We were probably one of the first "bird clubs" to put a stylised bird covering one half of the jumper facing the other. We wore this in 1996-98 in Preseason. And re-introduced a similar jumper in last few years as clash jumper.

Adelaide-PS1.gif

That's a swooping crow, like our swooping eagle of 01 horror. The eagles, crows copy of hawthorn is the bird head sticking out of VERY similar circular pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back