News New Jumpers for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really the new Carlton clash kit? I'd have thought they'd have updated the collar. Perhaps they're waiting till that style is in vogue again. ;)

Carlton had one of the best clash strips in the AFL, they then had to Rhine it for themselves(No offense to Sturt that's their colours not Carlton's)

They are officially the M&M Blues again.

841416-marc-murphy.jpg

I was hoping this was only a rumour, looks terrible :thumbsdown:. I would've preferred the Lance Armstrong "livestrong" yellow jumper to be honest.

I like it, not the navy blues but still the blues as opposed to their last one (and I'm very sick of white).
The shorts are overkill though.

Not really a fan, I see no need for Carlton to introduce a third colour.

And this does remind me of that ('97?) M&M's jumper they wore. You'd think they'd learn from being laughed at back then...

Well someone on the Carlton board pointed out that they're now sponsored by Mars (who own M&Ms) which might have something to do with this direction.

Well someone on the Carlton board pointed out that they're now sponsored by Mars (who own M&Ms) which might have something to do with this direction.

This doesn't make sense. The m&m's guernsey was to promote the introduction of blue m&m's to Australia :)o) So unless they've decided to promote the same thing that came out 13 years ago, I don't think the Mars sponsorship has anything to do with it.

If you read the article on the CFC website, Greg Swann said “After four seasons in the white clash strip, we wanted a change, we wanted to keep within the ‘blue’ colour palette, and select a colour unique to the AFL landscape,”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh, I don't mind it. I have always liked that colour combination and it works well with the blues name and doesn't look half bad. Although there was nothing wrong with the white clash, this is more innovative and out there which puts it ahead for me :thumbsu:

Parera? Is that you?
Haha :D:thumbsu:

Also, was reading the article on the Carlton website and saw this cheap dig by Swann at Collingwood and Essendon.
"We are not in a position where we can just reverse our stripes or increase our sash and call it a clash guernsey.” :rolleyes:

In my opinion it's a good change, and as long as they don't wear blue socks I'm happy.

I was hoping this was only a rumour, looks terrible :thumbsdown:. I would've preferred the Lance Armstrong "livestrong" yellow jumper to be honest.

It's a cracker I reckon, never really liked the shorts on Sturts jumper though, should have white.

This doesn't make sense. The m&m's guernsey was to promote the introduction of blue m&m's to Australia :)o) So unless they've decided to promote the same thing that came out 13 years ago, I don't think the Mars sponsorship has anything to do with it.

Well it's just a small theory, it's fairly irrelevant anyway. Although it can't hurt from Mars' point of view.
e.g. "that jumper looks like their old M&Ms jumper" "hey I could sure go for some M&Ms":p

Do West Coast have new sponser's in 2011? On the AFL website, in the artical about Cambodia, Nic Naitanui's t-shirt has iinet on it, not Hungry Jack's or the other sponser (Name has slipped my mind). Any news on that?

Do West Coast have new sponser's in 2011? On the AFL website, in the artical about Cambodia, Nic Naitanui's t-shirt has iinet on it, not Hungry Jack's or the other sponser (Name has slipped my mind). Any news on that?
I have seen pics of WCE's media polos for 2011. They still feature SGIO and Hungry Jacks though, maybe it's an additional sponsor that'll appear on their shorts next year or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back