News New jumpers for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port listed front & back
Jumpers on afl auctions site. They look very nice.
Btw i hope people know the numbers are ironed on
I'd say majority of people wouldn't know that the numbers are ironed on. :p

From 2009-2012, stupid lines/curves and stupid templates did ruin the design of the Collingwood jumper.
Yes and no. They don't look the best, but they added a "modern" touch to it. In twenty years we'll easily be able to pinpoint what era it's from.

Port listed front & back
Jumpers on afl auctions site. They look very nice.
Btw i hope people know the numbers are ironed on
Yeah I shot an e-mail to the guy in charge of Port auctions, he said they were retail and they haven't got the PI ones yet. He didn't tell me whether he had any 2012 PI or match worn guernseys for sale though.

You will be waiting a while guys. The clash wont be released until the week leading up to Rd 2 or there abouts. Design does look awesome. In saying that I do love the home and away changes to our guernsey so i'm obviously a minority. Yellow numbers are great!

The PI jumpers are pretty awesome too!

Is the clash blue?

OK, I took some photos of the clash yesterday at Rebel Sport. It doesn't look too bad close up, as the actual crows are quite visible. The problem with this is, during a game, it'll be almost impossible to see the "murder of crows", and thus it will look just like a bunch of paint splotches.

View attachment 8444

View attachment 8445
Exactly. Which is why clubs should always follow the rule 'an eight-year-old should be able to draw it' rule for guernseys.

Everything else looks terrible. Footy is not a catwalk.

OK, I took some photos of the clash yesterday at Rebel Sport. It doesn't look too bad close up, as the actual crows are quite visible. The problem with this is, during a game, it'll be almost impossible to see the "murder of crows", and thus it will look just like a bunch of paint splotches.

View attachment 8444

View attachment 8445
The positive side of the "bunch of paint splotches" is that they'll get good solid patches of the club's colours whilst still having a mainly white guernsey. Kind of a "best of both worlds" POV.

I think what GC should do is cut off the sidepanels after the red line and have the bottom of the side panel red.
I've seen it in soccer and it looks great.
This is what I meant:
GoldCoastguernsey_zps65a3dfc4.png

Didn't turn out as best as I thought it would, but it still adds some design to it at least.
Not just side panels.

Went to Westfield Doncaster today, their AFL shop had the new Geelong guernseys in, but not the Sydney ones this time around.

yGjJp.jpg

Also, Gold Coast's numbers are gold with a white outline, according to this

They've royally ****ed up the top hoop/collar.

Anyway, I had a feeling it'd be yellow with white outline.
This has been given a lot of flack (Crows/Eagles have as well) as it's not a club colour but I think it really just helps the to distinguish the numbers from the surrounding colours. So I'm happy that they've put the white outlines on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been given a lot of flack (Crows/Eagles have as well) as it's not a club colour but I think it really just helps the to distinguish the numbers from the surrounding colours. So I'm happy that they've put the white outlines on.
Yeah, it seems that any team who has a colour other than white/a dark colour as a use a white outline.

It would look pretty bad imo, when the Eagles/Crows did it they had the white dividing a light colour (yellow) with a very dark colour (navy), GC do it and the white will divide a light colour (yellow) with a not so light-not so dark colour (red).

It would look pretty bad imo, when the Eagles/Crows did it they had the white dividing a light colour (yellow) with a very dark colour (navy), GC do it and the white will divide a light colour (yellow) with a not so light-not so dark colour (red).
You'll hardly notice it IMO. It won't be as necessary for GC but it will make the slightest of difference. Nothing to ruin a design.

Replacing previous years white numbers, the 2013 2XU possesses striking yellow numbers with a white outline. The 2013 Guernsey colour palette has also been brightened for maximum contrast against opposition and the ground itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back