News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'm in a minority, but I don't like it at all. It dilutes the simplicity of the BiB, and the front and back no longer match.

They had a simple, classy guernsey and they've stuffed it up with a backwards-looking obsession with the *back* of the PB. And only for a couple of games! Port has a real identity problem....
They never did. One has the V's and one has the numbers...

Holy heck the Hawthorn clash guernsey looks like Fremantle and Port Adelaide merged (also a hint of the 2014 Melbourne Storm training singlets) and the golden colour looks like it belongs on a live action He-Man/Masters of the Universe movie :D. Have expressed my disappointment about the Adidas Hawthorn design for 2015 since the original reveal (being Luke Hodge's 250th jumper). The only positive from it was how slick the material felt (extra slippery compared to the 13/14 tops) - should make tackling the Hawks a little harder.

Regarding the home/away jumper I hate the collar look, in combination with the fact the stripes not going completely over the shoulder - the jumper looks more like a painted on tuxedo shirt than a proper football jumper. I have used the reference countless times BUT the way the adidas collar is designed makes it look like a failed Collingwood design (from the 03/04 seasons) - the collar also looks similar to the Star Athletic Collingwood jumper from recent years as well.

Holy heck the Hawthorn clash guernsey looks like Fremantle and Port Adelaide merged (also a hint of the 2014 Melbourne Storm training singlets) and the golden colour looks like it belongs on a live action He-Man/Masters of the Universe movie :D. Have expressed my disappointment about the Adidas Hawthorn design for 2015 since the original reveal (being Luke Hodge's 250th jumper). The only positive from it was how slick the material felt (extra slippery compared to the 13/14 tops) - should make tackling the Hawks a little harder.

Regarding the home/away jumper I hate the collar look, in combination with the fact the stripes not going completely over the shoulder - the jumper looks more like a painted on tuxedo shirt than a proper football jumper. I have used the reference countless times BUT the way the adidas collar is designed makes it look like a failed Collingwood design (from the 03/04 seasons) - the collar also looks similar to the Star Athletic Collingwood jumper from recent years as well.
So I take it that you'll be buying 10 of each guernsey, then?

So I take it that you'll be buying 10 of each guernsey, then?

Nope I'll be clinging on to the 13/14 guernseys I have and hope they don't get holes in them until the next redesign :D
The 2015 design does nothing for me and I won't be buying them (nor will I get any of the 2015 Adidas casual gear because they made it have a blue colour which is ridiculous!).

I have a 13 Home guernsey, 13 Home premiership team guernsey.
2014 AFL gold premiers patch guernsey
2x 2014 away guernseys (purchased one mid last year, purchased another around Christmas time.... stores were having a clear out of AFL stock so I pounced and got another as a singlet to sleep in on warm nights :D).

The thing with the 13/14 guernseys was that they were identical aside from the apparel logo on the bottom of the jumper adding the Hawks logo in the rectangular box).

The uniforms they make for the Australian Cricket team are terrible, but this is still my favourite Melbourne jumper:

I find the asics gear for the Aussie cricket team to be quite comfy

I wonder if Port and Adelaide had been told to start using a clash jumper in the showdowns and Port offered this as an alternative. Like the white back, but agree it needs to make cuffs white to give it a real traditional feel that they are trying to achieve.

I wonder if Port and Adelaide had been told to start using a clash jumper in the showdowns and Port offered this as an alternative. Like the white back, but agree it needs to make cuffs white to give it a real traditional feel that they are trying to achieve.
Not to mention it provides additional contrast with more white. I've been banging on about this for half a year Port, damn it! Why aren't you reading my forum posts.

This must be how wings campaigners feel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

362643_gp.jpg

i've said it before, the lion needs a stroke on it, just to make it stand out a little more, look like less of an afterthought.

Not to mention it provides additional contrast with more white. I've been banging on about this for half a year Port, damn it! Why aren't you reading my forum posts.

This must be how wings campaigners feel
They have read your posts. Just not all of it.

Brisbanes white jumper is two great jumpers slapped together, really. They need to either get rid of the lion or the stripe down the middle and it would be amazing.

Though the number panel is both practical and aesthetically pleasing, I'm missing exactly how it's "iconic" in any way shape or form.

View attachment 118151
Surely the panel is distinctly Port. It was around on the PBs in the SANFL since the 50s when Port became a true powerhouse until entry into the AFL, where we also had the panel on the SBS jumpers.

Surely the panel is distinctly Port. It was around on the PBs in the SANFL since the 50s when Port became a true powerhouse until entry into the AFL, where we also had the panel on the SBS jumpers.
What about Hawthorn's old number panel?

It's not at all unique to them, nor would it draw any particularly strong feelings, I would have thought.

The prison bars, St Kildas shield logo, West Coasts wings, even Geelongs Ford sponsorship, these are iconic. A number patch simply isn't.

It's not at all unique to them, nor would it draw any particularly strong feelings, I would have thought.

The prison bars, St Kildas shield logo, West Coasts wings, even Geelongs Ford sponsorship, these are iconic. A number patch simply isn't.
Nah, the panel is vital to the overall look of the bars.

Are Collingwood's stripes iconic? Hell yes. They're sure as shit not unique.

For Port it's been a constant in the nearly all important events/periods until the BiB was introduced. First AFL flag, 6 in a row under Fos, and the extreme dominance in the late 80s/90s which secured a place in the AFL.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but with all the monogram changes for Carlton, what exactly is their official logo/monogram at the moment?

I've seen the new (old style) logo featuring the wreath plastered all over the Carlton website, but have come across the plain rounded logo (as seen in Bryce's image above) a fair bit as well, including the AFL home page.

As for their jumpers, I know their home has gone back to the old-style monogram but I've seen both the rounded and old styles on their away/clash (sometimes in the same picture).

I haven't been following the pre-season, so can't comment on what they've recently run out it, and unfortunately don't have any references for what I have seen over the last few weeks/months. If I am able to I will try and find images and post them for reference a little later.

I know the OP mentions the home/away and logo have all changed, but any clarification on why the old stuff is still appearing would be appreciated.

Official Club logo:
images

Guernsey monogram:
images

The retro guernsey monogram is being used by the Club as a stand-alone logo in some publications (such as Blues News), probably to reinforce the change.

The previous logo on the AFL site is simply because they've yet to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back