News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combination of a personal loan company and a food delivery service are the worst combination of sponsors any team has had.
Wasn’t there a time where melbourne struggled to get a back of the guernsey sponsor?????? I can’t recall St Kilda EVER having this problem since they have been introduced. Who cares where the money comes from, Melbourne are sponsored by a prestige car company but play like trash yet no one else complains

Wearing cow socks in exchange for a few bucks from the dairy lobby is pretty shit, almost grounds to fold a club I reckon.
Where does it say they are receiving money for wearing these socks?? Every article from the club states they are wearing them to show support to that part of the community. Grounds for a club to fold, more reason for the canary’s to fold seem as you’re blowing money on a player who cares more about his facial hair than making a contest for the footy

Wasn’t there a time where melbourne struggled to get a back of the guernsey sponsor?????? I can’t recall St Kilda EVER having this problem since they have been introduced. Who cares where the money comes from, Melbourne are sponsored by a prestige car company but play like trash yet no one else complains

Yeah - I recall Eddie McGuire ended up stepping in to help them get one once.

Where does it say they are receiving money for wearing these socks?? Every article from the club states they are wearing them to show support to that part of the community.
Does it really need to say explicitly that money changed hands? Every sponsorship article from a club talks about a 'partnership' with a brand and how they support some 'community initiatives'. You'd hope though that they are getting a fair chunk of cash to wear them though given how hideous it looks.

Grounds for a club to fold, more reason for the canary’s to fold seem as you’re blowing money on a player who cares more about his facial hair than making a contest for the footy
I do not understand what you are talking about here at all, will say though that I was having a bit of a joke and I don't believe that the AFL should revoke St Kilda's licence over a pair of socks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think North 2020 might be the shittiest overall kit ever, on top of what was already really shit.

it's amazing how many little things there are wrong with it other than the pinstripes. Such a regression from the 2000s when the traditional design was perfectly integrated with the sponsor logos:
1584065067500.png
the front sponsor and manufacturer logos used to blend into the stripes instead of awkwardly cutting big pieces out of them. For some reason in 2012 they started cutting off the middle stripe to make room for the x-blades logo, and canterbury followed suit. Can't imagine Collingwood or Hawthorn ever accepting that from a manufacturer. Could someone at the club think it looks better? It really doesn't.

The back is even worse. The Est. 1869 shit feels Port Adelaide like. We don't have to prove anything to other clubs, I'd much prefer the traditional monogram be up there if they have to put anything there. The stripes are so low down on the jumper they might as well not even be there, they're lower than they even need to be to make room for the mazda logo and the number. And, there's also the terrible tramp stamp logo. It's in the worst place it could possibly be.
1584065131625.png

Last edited:
That port guernsey is still a quick mockup one. You can tell by the collar and the number on the back
I'd say they don't have the new MG sponsor ones yet.
So they're just using replicas until they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back