News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The orange is a historical colour, but also is now used on the "Carlton Respects" jumper for a specific round, this is not new

2022 AFL Carlton Respects Game: Why are the Blues wearing orange?

CurnowWalsh1July.jpg
Pretty strenuous link at best crom the Blues, here. Does this mean Essendon get to wear navy blue, the Bulldogs can have blue and white hoops, Geelong can wear red, Hawthorn can wear navy and red, North and Sydney can wear a red sash or Port can wear pink?

Adding a little orange piping for a charity game is fine, but I see orange creeping up a lot in the Carlton rhetoric officially and also unofficially on the forums here. I personally think it looks pretty horid, but it is also creeping into GWS territory. I see it as the equivalent of another Melbourne club suddenly adopting purple in their new jerseys and encrouching on Freo, or another club having maroon and encourching on the Lions. I think it's not a bigger deal because it's GWS and they're an expansion club without much of a fanbase.

What an absolutely terrible take. Let's unpack this...

Pretty strenuous link at best crom the Blues, here.
Orange is fairly well known to be the colour used to take a stand against, and bring awareness towards domestic violence and violence against women. Where's this strenuous link you speak of?

Does this mean Essendon get to wear navy blue, the Bulldogs can have blue and white hoops, Geelong can wear red, Hawthorn can wear navy and red, North and Sydney can wear a red sash or Port can wear pink?

I see it as the equivalent of another Melbourne club suddenly adopting purple in their new jerseys and encrouching on Freo, or another club having maroon and encourching on the Lions.

How does this have anything remotely do to with this situation?

Adding a little orange piping for a charity game is fine, but I see orange creeping up a lot in the Carlton rhetoric officially and also unofficially on the forums here.
Orange creeping up a lot in the Carlton rhetoric? :tearsofjoy: I mean apart from the fact that Carlton Respects as a charity and our annual game has been going on for the last 7 years, where do you see orange anywhere in the 'Carlton rhetoric'?

I personally think it looks pretty horid
You are completely missing the point.

It is also creeping into GWS territory. I think it's not a bigger deal because it's GWS and they're an expansion club without much of a fanbase.
Sorry I forgot that the combination of orange and some random dark colour on a footy guernsey was copyrighted. That's aside from the fact that apparently navy blue and charcoal are 'similar' colours.

If that's the case then Essendon and Melbourne must have the same jumper because they both use red and a dark colour, or Richmond and Hawthorn because they both use yellow and a dark colour.

Orange is fairly well known to be the colour used to take a stand against, and bring awareness towards domestic violence and violence against women. Where's this strenuous link you speak of?

Orange creeping up a lot in the Carlton rhetoric? :tearsofjoy: I mean apart from the fact that Carlton Respects as a charity and our annual game has been going on for the last 7 years, where do you see orange anywhere in the 'Carlton rhetoric'?

Sorry I forgot that the combination of orange and some random dark colour on a footy guernsey was copyrighted. That's aside from the fact that apparently navy blue and charcoal are 'similar' colours.

If that's the case then Essendon and Melbourne must have the same jumper because they both use red and a dark colour, or Richmond and Hawthorn because they both use yellow and a dark colour.
Not to mention the Purple kit worn by the Tigers for A&M Foundation, god forbid they ever wear purple (?)

Pretty strenuous link at best crom the Blues, here. Does this mean Essendon get to wear navy blue, the Bulldogs can have blue and white hoops, Geelong can wear red, Hawthorn can wear navy and red, North and Sydney can wear a red sash or Port can wear pink?

Adding a little orange piping for a charity game is fine, but I see orange creeping up a lot in the Carlton rhetoric officially and also unofficially on the forums here. I personally think it looks pretty horid, but it is also creeping into GWS territory. I see it as the equivalent of another Melbourne club suddenly adopting purple in their new jerseys and encrouching on Freo, or another club having maroon and encourching on the Lions. I think it's not a bigger deal because it's GWS and they're an expansion club without much of a fanbase.
None of this is accurate at all. Carlton have worn orange historically, it is also for a specific charity cause which Carlton has chosen to support to raise awareness for domestic violence. The guernsey looks nothing like GWS's home kit. There is no story here, and nothing to get annoyed about - they have also already been running this campaign for a year and you didn't notice.

If that's the case then Essendon and Melbourne must have the same jumper because they both use red and a dark colour, or Richmond and Hawthorn b
ecause they both use yellow and a dark colour.

Footscray-1874.gif

Hey mate, have you seen the Bulldog's new 'historic jersey' for 2023?

None of this is accurate at all. Carlton have worn orange historically, it is also for a specific charity cause which Carlton has chosen to support to raise awareness for domestic violence. The guernsey looks nothing like GWS's home kit. There is no story here, and nothing to get annoyed about - they have also already been running this campaign for a year and you didn't notice.
Breaking news, Hawthorn's new 'historic jersey' for 2023!
Hawthorn-1905.gif

Footscray-1874.gif
Hey mate, have you seen the Bulldog's new 'historic jersey' for 2023?
If you seriously think that this is even remotely close to Carlton wearing a touch of orange on their collar and sleeves, for one game a year and for charity, then you are completely delusional.

Hawthorn-1905.gif
Given the lack of materials and available dyes, it makes sense that a lot of teams had similar kits back in the day.

For further reference, Carlton has been doing orange as part of their respects game since about 2015, and has been an annual occurance.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by a post like this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are clearly moving away from brown as a media colour

Reminds me of West Coast going for navy polo's for a long time

I'm all for clubs trying new colours and expressions on the polos/jackets (I didn't use to be)

Carlton wearing a non-club trim for one match doesn't matter to me at all. Orange is a funny colour to choose though, for this round and for Harmony Day. I doubt Irish Catholics or Indian Muslims would find it very inclusive....

Its hard to think of a colour more associated with sectarian violence. The AFL should butt out of this kind of thing, theyre not well informed

Carlton wearing a non-club trim for one match doesn't matter to me at all. Orange is a funny colour to choose though, for this round and for Harmony Day. I doubt Irish Catholics or Indian Muslims would find it very inclusive....

Its hard to think of a colour more associated with sectarian violence. The AFL should butt out of this kind of thing, theyre not well informed
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

So let's make the club's wear rainbow jumpers?

Didn't think so

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back