News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also about selling merchandise. Just ask every soccer club since they get 3 new kits every season.
An AFL PI is a ridiculously more technical garment than a soccer shirt so it’s not the same scenario. You cannot just whack together any kind of combination of panels for aesthetics and it stand up to the rigours of an AFL game.

An AFL PI is a ridiculously more technical garment than a soccer shirt so it’s not the same scenario. You cannot just whack together any kind of combination of panels for aesthetics and it stand up to the rigours of an AFL game.
Besides the GPS pouch which I am surprised we don't see more of in soccer, is there really much technology going into footy jumpers that we're not seeing anywhere else in the world?

Besides the GPS pouch which I am surprised we don't see more of in soccer, is there really much technology going into footy jumpers that we're not seeing anywhere else in the world?
Fabric and construction (the latter particularly) are massively different to nearly every other sport garment. The fabric needs to be light with stretch but strong enough to stand up to being tackled or pulled by some pretty strong folks without ripping easily. Trust me, it’s a massive undertaking to get a PI off the ground that is functional and the players are fully happy with.

Fabric and construction (the latter particularly) are massively different to nearly every other sport garment. The fabric needs to be light with stretch but strong enough to stand up to being tackled or pulled by some pretty strong folks without ripping easily. Trust me, it’s a massive undertaking to get a PI off the ground that is functional and the players are fully happy with.
Wouldn’t the rugby codes have this issue too?

Crows 2023 training guernsey

Adelaide Crows Navy Training Guernsey 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back