News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But seeing them in action makes them much worse...

(silly link text, no idea why it's blathering about Sekem...
Looks good as the jock tag on the guernsey but including the team logo next to the manufacturer looks so weird on the shorts, there mustn’t be many times the team logo was included on the shorts aswell

Ive said it before the club is so sensitive of their brand identity in Sydney. The sash or commemorative jumper comes out once a decade or so. The V in Melb is all they can muster.
Its like they think the world will forget this team is the Sydney Swans... at least Ive saved myself $130!

Yet another product launch video where you can't even properly see the damn product they're launching.

Here's some actual pics. I'm not sure how the club can get away with saying this is representative of South Melbourne in any way. A ghastly effort that has likely managed to draw the ire of both Sydney-based and Melbourne-based Swans fans for simply being too clever by half.

SW1251-673-2__15788.1708305878.jpg

SW1251-673-5__38260.1708305878.jpg

I mean feels like they could have found a better way of mixing the swans/bloods into it then V’s on a swans guernsey that you need to zoom in to see 😂 or you could just wear this design as a home guernsey all season instead of a special guernsey for one game

Ive said it before the club is so sensitive of their brand identity in Sydney. The sash or commemorative jumper comes out once a decade or so. The V in Melb is all they can muster.
Its like they think the world will forget this team is the Sydney Swans... at least Ive saved myself $130!

It is quite indicative of the gunshy branding nature of all the northern clubs tbh. Which is why we see otherwise cool Sir Doug Nicholls Round designs ruined by having what looks like an afterthought 'G' (Giants) or 'GC' (Suns) slapped on top. One week without your precious logo isn't gonna hurt.

Yet another product launch video where you can't even properly see the damn product they're launching.

Here's some actual pics. I'm not sure how the club can get away with saying this is representative of South Melbourne in any way. A ghastly effort that has likely managed to draw the ire of both Sydney-based and Melbourne-based Swans fans for simply being too clever by half.

That is truly pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is quite indicative of the gunshy branding nature of all the northern clubs tbh. Which is why we see otherwise cool Sir Doug Nicholls Round designs ruined by having what looks like an afterthought 'G' (Giants) or 'GC' (Suns) slapped on top. One week without your precious logo isn't gonna hurt.
Its understandable.
The media doesn't put stories on about footy during the week, nothing on the radio, no analysis. You gotta be in the know when it comes to footy. The northern clubs need their identity clear as day (as opposed to in your face) at every opportunity.
But the club whos been up there the longest can afford an icon-less jumper (the V) only away from home.
And its the Opening game of the season, we were always going to play it safe...
Just sucks we've spent our penny on a 150y one off. At least the jumper is a crack on its own, first world problems in the end. Ah well

Last edited:

We all know what the design meeting ended up thinking and doing

season 5 GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back