News New Jumpers For 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyohboywowwee

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Getting close to the silly season, yet still a month to go. But you might start to see teams that are not competing start to blank out sponsors or new content gets leaked.

From what I can gather so far, the suns are getting a re brand and the crows are getting a new logo.

Add more news and whispers here

It’d be hard for the Suns to downgrade their home jumper with this rebrand you’d think. From memory the talk of them moving away from GC being the focus to now an S makes me think it could be part of a broader plan to appeal to their other markets outside of the Gold Coast area (Darwin and potentially North Queensland).

It’d be hard for the Suns to downgrade their home jumper with this rebrand you’d think. From memory the talk of them moving away from GC being the focus to now an S makes me think it could be part of a broader plan to appeal to their other markets outside of the Gold Coast area (Darwin and potentially North Queensland).
So going for superman vibes?

Yep, they will be going to Puma. Most of the league will be Puma or New Balance (Belgravia)
So a bit like the 90s again when a lot of the league was Puma?

I'm not complaining, my puma player issues are quality.

Really? that's so shit. the big G for Giants makes sense – got a dig at them later, too – because it's so oversized and simple and brutish that it really suits the moniker.

Anyway, what's with GWS no longer being called 'GWS' in any print or comms? must be part of the style guide or whatever it is because it's clearly changed.

Really? that's so shit. the big G for Giants makes sense – got a dig at them later, too – because it's so oversized and simple and brutish that it really suits the moniker.

Anyway, what's with GWS no longer being called 'GWS' in any print or comms? must be part of the style guide or whatever it is because it's clearly changed.
I recall an article from last year, the marketing team at gws have decided that it would be beneficial for them to be using GIANTS. I assume the idea is if everyone knows them as the Giants, when people say giants it's them they think of.

Re suns, I guess it's how they do it 🤷

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seems they like to be reffered to as the giants in most circumstanses, and for good reason too. 'GWS' is a bit meaningless. if you weren't familiar with them, you would have no clue where they were based. at least with giants it gives them some what of an identity.

it also could be similar to what fizzler said about appealing to a broader market (canberra and maybe all of sydney/NSW). not even their logo mentions the location.

i don't understand why they weren't just called 'western sydney' from the start, although that would make it 3 teams with 'west' in their names.

saints are supposedly getting a new logo, no?

I tought it was in 2026 if it happens, they have only engaged resarchers and graphic designers at this stage.

Very big Long shot, but I thought the best move for Gold Coast is to rebrand as the Gold Coast Sharks and bring the association with Southport to the forefront a lot more, its the best way for the club to get its own independence from the AFL over time.

Very big Long shot, but I thought the best move for Gold Coast is to rebrand as the Gold Coast Sharks and bring the association with Southport to the forefront a lot more, its the best way for the club to get its own independence from the AFL over time.
said it before and will say it again Southport should have been the AFL gold coast team

Know a few people, hearing Collingwood not happy with nike, especially with the gold badge debacle earlier this season, not sure how long to go on the contract for nike but the name adidas was mentioned. Guess time will tell…
Not surprising at all, they have been dreadful since the start.

I originally thought the contract was four years (which would end this year) but have heard it’s until 2027/2028 and difficult for the Pies to back out due to how expensive the deal is.

Hope you’re correct on this, can’t wait to see the back of Nike!

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Jumpers For 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back