New Major Sponsor(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people automatically presume that the charity would be paying us $$ or that we are doing this for free??

As I wrote in my previous post #717, the club have been banging on about a potential innovative yet complex potential sponsor, that has to be kept confidential since late November.

Giving a charity a freebie logo isn't complex and would have been announced by now. The club must be working on a way to monetise this with the charities corporate supporters.

Nothing to add but to agree with this. I very much doubt the club would even be allowed to "give" their sppnsorship away via charity with 50% of the board SNAFL appointed- they need dough, not goodwill.

Looking forward to the details....

Well this better be good

Something like SA water with this rain we're having would be suitable

sorry to crash your board, but given that my club is also going through the motions of finding another sponsor, i was intrigued. Plus i love cryptic stuff too.

Might it be the Pancake Parlour???

After all, the term lovely.......... that and the food connection. Sorry if anyone has already guessed this :D

Well this better be good

Something like SA water with this rain we're having would be suitable

Duncanson has said in the past the National Farmers Federation should sponsor us as we bring the rain.

Re: New Major Sponsor

There's approx. 30 minutes of the morning left. May I ask all you people who seem to think an announcement is due today where you're getting your info from?

Sorry, you can't ask. Or you can ask but I wont tell.

Anyways I've been on a job all day and I see that there's been no announcement. Sorry about that, but TSW is right. The deal HAS been done. If you dont believe me I really dont give a crap anyway, so dont bother with the doubting thomases posts.

It is food bank. I have no idea how it will work or when it will be announced but they will be on the guernsey. The logo however is different to the one posted here.

It is food bank. I have no idea how it will work or when it will be announced but they will be on the guernsey. The logo however is different to the one posted here.

well, thats worse than what i was hoping for

So we will have gardeners and a charity on our jumper for 2012

awesome.

bloody hell all i read on here from posters is doom and gloom about everything the club is doing, have some faith that we have staff trying to do the best thing for the club and get behind them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, thats worse than what i was hoping for

awesome.

Let's relax and wait for the details of the deal to become known - from the dribs and drabs we've heard in the previous weeks it is a "complex" deal that presumingly would involve a touch more financials than just 'have guernsey space for free derp'.

As for your seemingly negative connotation on VIP, I'll file that under WTFo_O.

I think that I like it - as long as the club actually gets some financial benefit from it.

I actually believe the AFL clubs in general have become far too much like businesses - although I accept that it plays a role in on-field success.

If we can have a mutually beneficial relationship with a charitable organisation, I prefer that to taking money from a borderline company such as MyATM (as much as I appreciate all sponsors contributions to the club).

Let's relax and wait for the details of the deal to become known - from the dribs and drabs we've heard in the previous weeks it is a "complex" deal that presumingly would involve a touch more financials than just 'have guernsey space for free derp'.

As for your seemingly negative connotation on VIP, I'll file that under WTFo_O.

exactly tribey, no point slagging the club when we have no idea of what the financial benefits to the club will be. As a horticulturalist I cannot wait to get a VIP badged guernsey and if a charity logo is on it to well fanbloodytastic

awesome.

<rolleyes>... yeah, but then again at our peak we had some trucking company and a dodgy mobile phone company.

Like it or not it is still an extremely tough market for the corporate $ (still struggling with the effects if the GFC and uncertainty with Europe). Just because joe citizen is feeling the full impact doesn't mean the big corporates aren't!

So it is very tough to try sell a damaged "brand" in a tough corporate market.

It has been outstanding that the club has managed to get VIP (who are arguably #2 in their industry). Let's wait and see what eventuates with the 2nd.

If the 2nd is someone like FoodBank, and the deal results in closer connections to their sponsors, which in turn sees a company(ies) like Amcor, KPMG, Microsoft etc contributing to PAFC in future years.... then it certainly is awesome and so much better than a ATM/SS deal (no disrespect to them).

Who cares who's on the jumper. As long as they're not paying us in Monopoly bills I fail to understand what the problem is. :confused:

B/c some people want a BMW logo on our jumper. ;)

B/c some people want a BMW logo on our jumper. ;)

And the Captain... Number One... Jackson, TRENGOVE! [/Craigwillis]

But we weren't sponsored by Sorny and Panaphonics :'[ #PoutPower

Who cares who's on the jumper. As long as they're not paying us in Monopoly bills I fail to understand what the problem is. :confused:

Just wanted better in terms of "big name"

Agree with the money, its all good, i'll wait to make my true judgements until the financials are arrived

always thought it was 2 more sponsors as well?

The problem is that it's not 'cool' enough for some.

Some people are too concerned with having a fashionable brand association (the Apples and Sonys of the world) and they lose sight of the actual function of sponsorship....which as you've rightly pointed out is all about the Benjamins (or should that be 'all about the Johns' for Aus?!).

Just wanted better in terms of "big name"

Agree with the money, its all good, i'll wait to make my true judgements until the financials are arrived

always thought it was 2 more sponsors as well?

But why? This is what I don't get. I've been hearing it's locked in for 3 years and we'll be getting paid industry standard (whatever that is). Surely that's all that matters, amirite?

"Big name" doesn't necessarily mean "good". As kaysee pointed out, we were previously sponsored by a Mt Gambier trucking company and a dodgy mobile phone company. I used to be with that mobile phone company and I can testify that they were utter shite!

^^if true, not sure that should be posted on here.

I know what you are saying but I don't think anyone here knows the finer points and it's inevitable people will know as the staff were told today.

But like you I know nothing else and I'm actually excited to hear the plan if we get told everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back