New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day guys. Been a long-time lurker and thought it appropriate to finally lend my voice to the debate. Been a member for 16 years, a Victorian, but temporarily overseas and liveafl.tv is my 0500 weekend tradition. Most memorable moment: merger rally at Glenferrie followed by the game at the 'G and Langford holding up the jumper.

Hello fellow Hawthorn diehards.
I've been reading posts on this site for around 6 months now and have decided to sign up. I've been supporting the Hawks since a wee lad of 5 years old (I'm now 20 years old). My fondest memory would be going to the 2008 prelim final and seeing Hawthorn win their place in history books to make it into the 08' Grand Final. During the GF I was at a family gathering to see the match. The celebrations at the end of the game became one of the best moments I've ever been a part of. My old man bleeds Brown and Gold and I love to hear stories of our heyday from him.
Pleasure to meet you all :)

Hey everyone, been up and reading BF since about 2004. Been a hawks member all my life it runs in the family.
I stand up each and every week in m10 at the G in full voice. I love reading the board, and I hope to contribute in
Any way I can. For me the greatest moment was half way in the 3rd quarter in the 08 and I looked at mate and said holy
Shit... We're going to win... The rest was a blur.. Greatest day of my life.

Hey guys, been a massive Hawks fan since 1989 (age 5) and have been reading these forums for a couple of months. I've been living in Brisbane since the late 90s but fly to Melbourne once or twice a year to watch the Hawks and whoever else is playing that weekend (I was down for Round 7 this year and managed to get to 5 games)! I'll be moving back down in the next couple of years when work/money permits - not just for the footy but definitely one of the main reasons. Looking forward to contributing to the forums wherever I can.

Hey fellow Hawks,

I've been a Hawk fan since I was a young tacker and my cousin convinced me to follow them. At that stage I was an avid football fan but hadn't decided on a favourite team. Back then I was drawn to big key forwards, so I had an interest in Sydney (Tony Lockett) and North Melbourne (Wayne Carey).

Since then I've done a full back-flip and tend to enjoy defenders more. Stephen Gilham was my last love, now it's passed onto Ryan Schoenmakers, whom I have no doubt will play 200+ games for the HFC.

Fifth year of membership, I sit out in m51 so holla to any other supporters out there!!

I share a split-love for AFL and Cricket, with NRL also pretty high up there. That said I do enjoy most sports, but those three are the pick of the bunch. I still can't remember the second half of the 2008 Grand Final, obviously I remember winning but don't remember anything else, very drunk + try to take screamer on mate = broken ankle.

Hey guys! c: I'm Rachel, 18-in-two-weeks and from Brisbane. I'm relatively new the the AFL scene - my parents took me to a Brisbane/Hawthorn game back in '08, with the intention of turning me into a Lions fan like them. Instead I cheered for the Hawks as they destroyed the Lions and never looked back. ;) I have a passionate hate for Geelong and the Blues, and in NRL I'm a Storm lover through and through. Nice to meet you all~!

Hi fellow hawks fans. I've been lurker for a while but decided to finally sign up. Growing up in NSW, and as a a european migrant who first followed football and league in a household in which nobody followed AFL, it took me a while to fully embrace the game. I can't even put my finger on why I chose the Hawkies, but so glad I did. 2008 was the obvious highlight. And i'm not ashamed to admit that my 15 year old self thought Crawford was a sex god :p

Hi lads, been lurking around for awhile and thought might aswell join up. Been following the hawks for a few years now, since the early 2000's when we were struggling and when they turned it all around a few years later. Hate Geelong and Essendon to bits and am a bit of a fan of tom murphy for who knows what reason.

Hi all,

First post, long time hawks fan living on the Gold Coast, managed to get to the G for the Collingwood game on Sat. was great watching the mighty hawks live and putting on such a great display. Our spread and pressure was amazing could be a great year for us.

Hello, long time reader and first time poster.
I'm a huge Hawks fan living in Wollongong, NSW and I try to get to as many Hawks games as possible, whether it is in Sydney or Melbourne. I love reading the Hawks and main board and I hope to contribute to the boards in anyway I can. I have an immense hate for both Essendon and Geelong and I have man love for Luke Hodge, Cyril Rioli and Jack Gunston.

After the last couple of days i thought i might just write in here and give you a background of why I now have an infinity with the hawks.
I was 8 years old when my beloved Fitzroy folded (I don't count the Brisbane lions as anything Fitzroy) so i was probably young enough to not be as deeply affected by it as your older generations. Half my family were fitzroy fans whilst the other half were Melbourne fans and naturally enough through the rest of my childhood and early teenage years i went to mainly melbourne games. As a 16 year old i met the girl who i currently still go out with, she was born and bred in Hawthorn as her whole family are die hard hawk fans, it took them a little while to accept a young boy who was born on the "wrong" side of the westgate but thats for another day. As i started growing out of the age where you go to the footy with your family i started going to the footy with her and her love of the brown and gold started rubbing off on me. I was pretty fortunate to be honest because i started watching the hawks on a regular basis around the same time as the buddies and roughies of the world were starting out so i got treated to some absolutely thrilling footy. In 2008 i was lucky enough to attend the Grand final with my girlfriend which was absolutely sensational and her raw emotion that day absolutely rubbed off on me and i was wrapped the hawks were able to get up. in 2010 i got my afl membership renewed as usual and it still had melbourne on it as my club of support and i thought considering i watch them maybe 2 or 3 times a year now there is no real point to it. Prior to last season i took the plunge and officially became a hawthorn member. SO thats my story hopefully that just lets everyone know how i've become to like the hawks. Pardon the grammar to hard on an I-phone !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the last couple of days i thought i might just write in here and give you a background of why I now have an infinity with the hawks.
I was 8 years old when my beloved Fitzroy folded (I don't count the Brisbane lions as anything Fitzroy) so i was probably young enough to not be as deeply affected by it as your older generations. Half my family were fitzroy fans whilst the other half were Melbourne fans and naturally enough through the rest of my childhood and early teenage years i went to mainly melbourne games. As a 16 year old i met the girl who i currently still go out with, she was born and bred in Hawthorn as her whole family are die hard hawk fans, it took them a little while to accept a young boy who was born on the "wrong" side of the westgate but thats for another day. As i started growing out of the age where you go to the footy with your family i started going to the footy with her and her love of the brown and gold started rubbing off on me. I was pretty fortunate to be honest because i started watching the hawks on a regular basis around the same time as the buddies and roughies of the world were starting out so i got treated to some absolutely thrilling footy. In 2008 i was lucky enough to attend the Grand final with my girlfriend which was absolutely sensational and her raw emotion that day absolutely rubbed off on me and i was wrapped the hawks were able to get up. in 2010 i got my afl membership renewed as usual and it still had melbourne on it as my club of support and i thought considering i watch them maybe 2 or 3 times a year now there is no real point to it. Prior to last season i took the plunge and officially became a hawthorn member. SO thats my story hopefully that just lets everyone know how i've become to like the hawks. Pardon the grammar to hard on an I-phone !

Welcome. Glad to know the conversion is almost complete too. By the way, Fitzroy were my second favourite side... a mate's Dad was chairman for many years so spent a bit of time down there, along with Hawthorn of course. I like 'ol Fitzroy - a sad day when they packed up.

Welcome. Glad to know the conversion is almost complete too. By the way, Fitzroy were my second favourite side... a mate's Dad was chairman for many years so spent a bit of time down there, along with Hawthorn of course. I like 'ol Fitzroy - a sad day when they packed up.
Its the world we live in now days and i fear in 15 years time they may not be the only ones and being born and bred in Footscray i think i know who the next ones may be.
Slowly swinging like i've said i'm not sure i'll ever be able to have the same love as a lot of people on this board for the hawthorn footy club but i think i may have a few kids in the future who will love the footy club as much as you loyal lot do ;)

Its the world we live in now days and i fear in 15 years time they may not be the only ones and being born and bred in Footscray i think i know who the next ones may be.
Slowly swinging like i've said i'm not sure i'll ever be able to have the same love as a lot of people on this board for the hawthorn footy club but i think i may have a few kids in the future who will love the footy club as much as you loyal lot do ;)

Great stuff Roy boys - yes your posts on our forum are informative:thumbsu:

To all our newbies I offer the following Anthem

Welcome to my nightmare,
I think you're gonna like it,
I think you're gonna feel you belong.
A nocturnal vacation,
unnecessary sedation,
you want to feel at home 'cause you belong.
Welcome to my nightmare whoa, ho, ho, ho...

Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Welcome to my breakdown, whoa, ho, ho, ho...
Yeah welcome to my nightmare, yeah eah eah eah

Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it!
I think you're gonna feel you belong!
We sweat and laugh and scream here!
'Cause life is just a dream here!
You know inside you feel right at home, here!

Welcome to my nightmare hoo, hoo, woo, hoo...
Welcome to my breakdown...

Hey All - Am a long time Hawks fan, though to most you'd probably describe me as a part timer as I've not been to a game in probably 15 years...

Then again, as an ex-pat, I've been living abroad since the late 90's, first in the US & now in Scotland for the past 8-9 years, so it's not as easy to keep up, though the internet does make it easier to track results, if not catch the action live as often as I'd like.

Anyhow, am glad the Hawks are well on track. Think we do have a very good shot at this years' flag, as I believe that we are capable of beating any team in the finals.

Anyhow, just thought I'd say hey & look forward to getting to know a few folk on here in due course.

Hey.

Lurked for a year or so and finally chose to make my first few posts. I like to read rather than write, so I guess we will see how we go.

General warning, I am a pretty cynical person at the best of times, so don't take anything I say against this great team to heart too much, I just like to expect the worst and then get the best.

Hope we go all the way this year.

Hello all

About a 5 month lurker but a Hawks fan since spending 2 years in Melbourne in 1986/87 (that wasn't a bad time to see them!). I'm English and live in London and was out there to see family etc back then and they were all with Carlton or Essendon fans to it seemed logical to do the thing that pissed them off the most...hence the Hawks. Have followed us as best I can ever since pre Internet and cable to tv until today and lived every hi and low....(Melbourne Hawks....wtf).

Saw all but one including the finals of all the games in Victoria in those 2 years and loved the passin of the grounds in those days at collingwood and Essendon to name 2. Managed to meet some of the players through an uncle's work event in 87 (Michael Tuck, John Platten and Peter Curran I recall). Great guys.

Married with a 3 year old who goes to day nursery with his Hawks water bottle that confuses the Arsenal and Tottenham supporting kids no end. Love my other sports too and Liverpool are my team in football here having been born there.

I will try and add to the match and player threads but tv watching sometimes means you miss the nuances of plays and issues that only being 'there' gives you.

As for the remainder of this season.... When we are 'on' we are the best but I fear that we lack something mentally like we actually don't believe we will win it. As much as it pains, it is this mental strength that has made Geelong a finals chance even when their play and team is not that great.

Anyway, let's hope we thrash sydney this week and get a top 2 spot locked down.

G'day guys. Been a long-time lurker and thought it appropriate to finally lend my voice to the debate. Been a member for 16 years, a Victorian, but temporarily overseas and liveafl.tv is my 0500 weekend tradition. Most memorable moment: merger rally at Glenferrie followed by the game at the 'G and Langford holding up the jumper.

Welcome, I was there too!!

Only thing left to do brother is to nominate Hawthorn as your team so that it's displayed proudly under your avator. C'mon... you know you want to. Make it so, and then your journey to the dark side will be complete!

Oh wait, was channeling the Emperor there for a second.

To all our newbies I offer the following Anthem

Welcome to my nightmare,
I think you're gonna like it,
I think you're gonna feel you belong.
A nocturnal vacation,
unnecessary sedation,
you want to feel at home 'cause you belong.
Welcome to my nightmare whoa, ho, ho, ho...

Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Welcome to my breakdown, whoa, ho, ho, ho...
Yeah welcome to my nightmare, yeah eah eah eah

Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it!
I think you're gonna feel you belong!
We sweat and laugh and scream here!
'Cause life is just a dream here!
You know inside you feel right at home, here!

Welcome to my nightmare hoo, hoo, woo, hoo...
Welcome to my breakdown...

Alice Cooper?

Remove this Banner Ad

New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back