Remove this Banner Ad

bluesforever

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 24, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Which club would you like to begin a heated rivalry with? Not stating the ones you already have. I would like to see a Carlton V St Kilda one blossoming over the next few years, I think it's a possibility considering we could play them in some big matches in the near future. I hate the Saints, they have owned us for far too long, yet they still don't win anything worth while... still, I think they are our next likely rivalry.

How bout your clubs?

I'd love to get the Hawks Tigers picking up a little momentum. Hopefully the Tiges kick some major arse next year to make it happen.

Which club would you like to begin a heated rivalry with? Not stating the ones you already have. I would like to see a Carlton V St Kilda one blossoming over the next few years, I think it's a possibility considering we could play them in some big matches in the near future. I hate the Saints, they have owned us for far too long, yet they still don't win anything worth while... still, I think they are our next likely rivalry.

How bout your clubs?

And we will continue to pants you pretenders. :D I love this rivallry as I know a few Carlton supporters here in WA and have cleaned up far too many cartons of beer betting with them. When will they learn? :p

To be honest I am jealous of the great rivalries between Cartlon, Essendon and Collingwood. Built over many years based on all sorts of incidences. All clubs have shared success over a century and the rivalry is based on both hatred and begrudging acknowldgement of the other team's success

Unfortunately we are stuck with a pissing comp in WA

Geelong always play Melbourne in the rivalry round. Surely now, we will play Hawthorn. I think the Hawks play Essendon in this round based upon a few grand finals in the 80s. Surely the Geelong/Hawthorn rivalry now offers a lot more return and generates more interest than the Hawthorn/Essendon one.

How bout your clubs?

Why the **** would we want a rivalry with the Saints?

The Collingwood and Richmond rivalries will flourish over the next few years. I expect a Carlton vs. Richmond grand final in the next few years.

Geelong always play Melbourne in the rivalry round. Surely now, we will play Hawthorn. I think the Hawks play Essendon in this round based upon a few grand finals in the 80s. Surely the Geelong/Hawthorn rivalry now offers a lot more return and generates more interest than the Hawthorn/Essendon one.
You play us in the heritage round don't you, not normally the rivalry round?

Though granted, after last year's blockbuster, that might even be changed. :thumbsu:

To be honest I am jealous of the great rivalries between Cartlon, Essendon and Collingwood. Built over many years based on all sorts of incidences. All clubs have shared success over a century and the rivalry is based on both hatred and begrudging acknowldgement of the other team's success

Unfortunately we are stuck with a pissing comp in WA

Ours will get there in time.

Bit cheap to call it a pissing contest too - I think we can be proud of the fierce rivalry our clubs have built up in such a short time. We've certainly put on some entertaining battles over the last few years and there's been no shortage of these 'incidents' that you say help build genuine rivalries. If it's this fierce now imagine what it will be like with 100 years of history behind it.

Plus our fans have responded too. Every derby is a guaranteed sell out every year, which is more than you can say for the other recent AFL rivalry coming out of Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE and Fremantle. ;)

We have a lot of supporters in Perth, so the Judd and Warnock trades should make for a good rivalry when all three clubs have young lists.

I know I'm definitely looking forward to playing Carlton over the next few years.

And I'm looking forward to Warnock trying to take on Sandi too. I hope the big fella doesn't hurt him too much. ;)

I'd like a rivalry with West Coast (as they remind me of a 'mini-Carlton')

You could be onto something there. Definitely two of the most arrogant groups of supporters going around (generally speaking of course).

What an odd thread...

What does it mean to want a rivalry? Rivalries develop due to an intense situation, be it a fight or some really close important games. Wishing one out of thin air doesn't really make sense to me.

I want Melbourne to play to a level that makes other teams notice that we are on the ground. Then they can start hating us.

St Kilda are - and have been for many a year - an irrelevant club to us so mehh.

I'd like a rivalry with West Coast (as they remind me of a 'mini-Carlton') which could be a possibility given they are on their way back soon.

Don't be so arrogant, mate.

Perhaps you should start treating St Kilda like a relevant club, because they keep beating you!

Yeah if their not relevant you guys are even worse! Well I would want rival with Geelong (Cats and Dogs, they bet us into the Granny) or Carlton (because somehow we just cant beat them!)

The Collingwood and Richmond rivalries will flourish over the next few years. I expect a Carlton vs. Richmond grand final in the next few years.

I hope ours with the Tigers can flourish, only problem being is that we play them once this year, and only in round 20! Ridiculous by the AFL.

I'd love to get the Hawks Tigers picking up a little momentum. Hopefully the Tiges kick some major arse next year to make it happen.
Wow I never expected a Hawk fan to actually want us to kick some arse :p

I do agree though, I think the seed of a rivalry has been planted and its only a matter of time before a great rivalry will start :thumbsu:

hahahahahahahhaah, Typical carlton arrogant bullshit. Love it. :eek: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

New rivalry for your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back