New Tiger Dawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

So lets see.
Their clear best 4 players did not miss a game and probably their 5th (Vickery) didn't either.

Then you have a look at their draw this year. Played Melbourne, Nth, Brisbane, Sydney, Carlton and Essendon twice this year.
NOT ONE TOP 4 TEAM.

Yet somehow despite having one of the luckiest seasons in modern history in terms of injuries and the draw we are now supposed to believe that they will get even luckier next year and improve dramatically.

Our first 4 games for the year were Carlton, St Kilda, Collingwood and Hawthorn. :eek:

So lets see.
Their clear best 4 players did not miss a game and probably their 5th (Vickery) didn't either.

Then you have a look at their draw this year. Played Melbourne, Nth, Brisbane, Sydney, Carlton and Essendon twice this year.
NOT ONE TOP 4 TEAM.

Yet somehow despite having one of the luckiest seasons in modern history in terms of injuries and the draw we are now supposed to believe that they will get even luckier next year and improve dramatically.

Agree . great post. Their very best players didn't miss a single game between them(although wouldn't newman be in their besr 4/5?) yet we keep hearing "we have Grimes out".ffs the guy has played five games and all he does is kill the ball and he is touted as the best thiing since Geoff Southby! I just love seing the great white hope Griffiths not being able to get a game....tradebait.
Even better is the "astbury is injured" argument..he was droped to Coburg for six weeks due to form and now he is suddenly a big out! LMFAO

They, did however, get a tough start to the year with Carl, Haw, St and Coll all in the first four games-certainly some top four teams there! One would have thought a team 0-9 in 2010, deserved some sort of easier draw

Nothing riding on it fomr RIchomnd's point of view makes it junktime.

The very minute you mathematically couldn't make it, you started winning.

Anything form there on in is njunktime as your club is under no pressure to win, as it ultimately doesn't matter

LULZ i cant take anything you say seriously since when you said Essendon and West Coast have the worst lists.. 8th and 4th.

Richmond might fight it out for 8th place next year, doggies will be no where near the mark.

Agree . great post. Their very best players didn't miss a single game between them(although wouldn't newman be in their besr 4/5?) yet we keep hearing "we have Grimes out".ffs the guy has played five games and all he does is kill the ball and he is touted as the best thiing since Geoff Southby! I just love seing the great white hope Griffiths not being able to get a game....tradebait.
Even better is the "astbury is injured" argument..he was droped to Coburg for six weeks due to form and now he is suddenly a big out! LMFAO

They, did however, get a tough start to the year with Carl, Haw, St and Coll all in the first four games-certainly some top four teams there! One would have thought a team 0-9 in 2010, deserved some sort of easier draw

Hey Rocky, how are the Doggies going? Be in contention for the 8 next year? Or even a prelim?

It seems to me you started winning games when your coach decided to stop being stubborn and play Tuck. Is that a fair comment?

No doubt the selections of Tuck and Miller - acknowledged as stop-gaps - have helped right the ship. Obviously they aren't top players, yet as a couple of seasoned bodies, have made a difference. We're the only club other than GC without a 30yo on the list; our second-oldest player and captain in Newman is injured; our fourth-oldest in Moore hasn't played all year. It was reasonable in the circumstances to select a couple of senior players to help out.

Our under-23's aren't ready to carry the day week in, week out - yet. But they have been the prime movers in our wins.

Absolute junk time.

Richmond couldn't make the eight no matter what, then they started winning. so the gmae had nothiing riding on it for RIchmond, so the pressure was completely off.

They simply haevn't won when it mattered for their season for decades.

Junk time meaningless wins
Amazing how beating a side that is trying to secure itself a home final is now labelled a junk time win. I guess we can label the Dogs wins against the Dees and Carlton earlier in the season as junk time wins as well then despite those teams also having something to play for and there being no pressure on the Dogs to win.

Hey Rocky how is Rance going?:thumbsu:

No good.

cost you a minimum of three goals per game with his stupidity and horrendus decision making. I noticed another gimme deliberate he cost you on the weekend.

You simply can't have someone who you clasify as a premium defender who is so, so shaky with ball in hand and makes so many clangers

How is the great white hope Griffiths going at Coburg? LMFAO!

I remember reading on here about how much better the team wil be when he come back and what a gun he is etc etc...the big girls blouse can't get a game

As i thought, doesn't have the intellect to deal with anything i raised...just deflection

Well, seeing as the AFL is a competitive, and therefore comparative competition you can only assess if the Tigers are improving against the rest of the competition right? So lets compare them against ... say ... the Bulldogs.

Bulldogs
  • Stagnant membership (has probably peaked and will go down in line with the slide down the ladder TBH).
  • Stagnant revenue.
  • Minimum football dept. expenditure.
  • Sacked the coach who despite the above lead them to preliminary finals.
  • List that peaked three years ago and has been propped up by mature aged recruits since.
  • No plan for the future to address any of the above, other than “it’s time for a new coach”.

Tigers
  • Actual plan for the future.
  • Working on reducing debt, but at the same time have a plan to increase football dept. expenditure.
  • 40k+ members this year and on the rise despite 2+ (OK, 28) years of poor performances.
  • Revenue on the up due to actually putting a plan together and executing it.
  • Young team that has work to go, but with good support is definitely on the up.

Like I said before Rocky, you should really be concerned about your own team rather than living vicariously through trying to denigrate us. Tell you what, respond to the above comments on the Doggies intelligently and I’ll respond to your post #152 as though it wasn’t a troll (and show you up for the bullshit that it was in terms even you could understand).

No good.

cost you a minimum of three goals per game with his stupidity and horrendus decision making. I noticed another gimme deliberate he cost you on the weekend.

You simply can't have someone who you clasify as a premium defender who is so, so shaky with ball in hand and makes so many clangers

I remember reading on here about how much better the team wil be when he come back and what a gun he is etc etc...the big girls blouse can't get a game

He has been beaten twice this year actually.
You really have NFI at all, must have taken as many hits to the head as Rocky did in all the movies combined. That would explain a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been available for selection I think about 8 weeks this year, and has played 4 of them. Has not been dropped once, rather injured/coming back from injury. Club is taking the most cautious of approaches with him and rightly so, because he has more potential than any other player on our list - Martin, Cotchin, Deledio included.

dunno, all I heard last year was how much improvement there'd been in the second half of the year and how it took them half a season to learn Hardwick's game plan and now they were cherry ripe. I actually tried to point out on numerous occasions that the second half of last was actually pretty crap, as you're obviously intelligent enough to realise, containing wins against only interstate teams and including a few 10 goal thrashings.

But the fans and the media were all convinced Richmond were coming. There were polls that compared Essendon's future to Richmonds, how that midfield was going to dominate. Your most famous supporter, Trout, was on SEN every day saying about how Richmond's good young kids were going to take them to finals whilst Essendoom would duke it out with Brisbane for last.

So maybe you don't get late season wins every single year. But there's always the hope there, and that's what we're all here for isn't it?

Like I said, a wonderful time of year for Tiggies supporters.

Bay 13 is thataway.

I'm still curious why you're so angry at, an utterly obsessed with Richmond.
But you refuse to answer.
Presumably you find the reason or reasons embarrassing.

Are you serious? He posted exact numbers on our wins across the last seven seasons. If that's not good enough to prove that Richmond has only had one late-season run of wins, what is?

You guys are addicted to your fantasies. You've replayed Round 1 2009 in your head so often, you believe it happened more than once.

round 1 2009 ??? add to that 2010 and 2011 ..... (not to mention the other meetings in between) promise the world and deliver absolutely diddley squat .

Typical, that the bomber fans are coming out the most and bagging us, the carlton fans I can take, as they got a right to.

Essendon have made the 8, but will be smashed in the first week of the finals, especially if they bring that game to the table that they dished out against Port Adelaide.. lol

How did we dissapoint this year? We finished 15th last year and de-listed a further 10+ players from the list, in fact we have de-listed 22+ players in 2 years and brought in a lot of youth and have gone deep into drafts picking up a couple kids such as Nason and Webberley in the 70s-80s.

What ever wins we have gotten this year have been off the back of a bunch of kids having a dip and having a better understanding of the game plan.

When I say disappoint, I mean relative to the hype that seems to surround Richmond every summer.

No doubt the selections of Tuck and Miller - acknowledged as stop-gaps - have helped right the ship. Obviously they aren't top players, yet as a couple of seasoned bodies, have made a difference. We're the only club other than GC without a 30yo on the list; our second-oldest player and captain in Newman is injured; our fourth-oldest in Moore hasn't played all year. It was reasonable in the circumstances to select a couple of senior players to help out.

Our under-23's aren't ready to carry the day week in, week out - yet. But they have been the prime movers in our wins.

now ron - try not to get upset but there has been a lot of richmond fans on here every year for years telling the world that you've got this fantastic group of young players. this is why the rest of us look on with total bemusement. maybe you lot should be admired for your resilience but it is pretty funny for everyone else.

He's been available for selection I think about 8 weeks this year, and has played 4 of them. Has not been dropped once, rather injured/coming back from injury. Club is taking the most cautious of approaches with him and rightly so, because he has more potential than any other player on our list - Martin, Cotchin, Deledio included.

Not true.. he was dropped a few weeks ago and has been languishing at coburg, due to his non competitveness.

Get it right sunshine!

Not true.. he was dropped a few weeks ago and has been languishing at coburg, due to his non competitveness.

Get it right sunshine!

C'mon Rocky. Aren't you going to answer my questions?

now ron - try not to get upset but there has been a lot of richmond fans on here every year for years telling the world that you've got this fantastic group of young players. this is why the rest of us look on with total bemusement. maybe you lot should be admired for your resilience but it is pretty funny for everyone else.

Don't remember any Tiger supporters predicting that we would make the 8 this year.

But post some links to prove me wrong and I shall stand corrected.

Or, like some Essendon Supporters obviously have, have you just come on here to troll and tell lies because you are desperately afraid of the waking of one of the giants of the AFL.

Don't remember any Tiger supporters predicting that we would make the 8 this year.

But post some links to prove me wrong and I shall stand corrected.

Or, like some Essendon Supporters obviously have, have you just come on here to troll and tell lies because you are desperately afraid of the waking of one of the giants of the AFL.

wish I had a dollar for every time i heard a tigers supporter say this.

"They win a few late and just miss the 8, we finished 9th ahh-gain!"

:D

No seriously, I think Hardwick will make the Tigers come good in a few years. He needs time to rebuild the list and develop the players, it's his 2nd season, he may not even reap the rewards until like his 4th-6th seasons so patience is needed!

Remove this Banner Ad

New Tiger Dawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back