New Tiger Dawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

every year we hear the same thing ...only for them to falter in round one and struggle for the remainder of the year ..and finally winning a few towards the end .

Isn't it about time they actually came out and won some games before round 11 of the season .?
Every year?

They had a Coach who was actively destroying their future until recently.

Isn't it about time they actually came out and won some games before round 11 of the season .?
Maybe we should follow the Carlton model (2007):

Round 11: 4 wins 7 losses.

"Oh no, if we win one more, we won't get a priority pick!"

Round 12: loss
Round 13: loss
Round 14: loss
Round 15: loss
Round 16: loss
Round 17: loss
Round 18: loss
Round 19: loss
Round 20: loss
Round 21: loss
Round 22: loss

"Yay, 4-18!"

You see this very often from Richmond.

They have a habit of finishing the season strong, resulting with the predictions over the summer that Richmond look set to finally break out this year, and then when the season starts, they disappoint much like this year.

Actually we nearly always drop away at the end of promising seasons, it's like the myth of continual 5 year plans, when really only Wallet started with one, but dumped it to hang on to his job, Frawley made the finals early then topped up, this is our first real rebuild and Dimma only got 3 years not 5, but finally it's from bottom up including a lot of the admins, so far we look to be on track, who knows what the future holds.

When i first joined bigfooty i was a die hard richmond fan and we were just about to rise, I thought the name was appropriate

No doubt some good victorys, However richmond do this every second/third year, mini clear out and hold down a bottom 4 position, next year gain some momentum, and the next year its a train wreck, Im hoping they keep it and having a fit Riewoldt, A more settled back 6 will, However i've been burned before

So your a turncoat, bandwagon jumper, your opinion is probably worth as much as your loyalty.

But even then; and there was a thread on your board last year where I made this same point about how well performed our backs were/were not...

It's not so much the guys in the backline, it's the amount of footy coming in, and how well the wings, midfielders, half-backs, back pockets, etc etc co-ordinate, push back and help them out.

The way we were playing under Knights could've crucified Silvagni & Scarlett - let alone Pears/Hooker etc just making their way.
Similar for the Tigs, when they are off, the heads drop, the work rate disappears.
At a Geelong, or Collingwood, every game, there is pressure on the ball, and the defenders have decent contests. At Essendon that happens about 60 or 70% of the time. At Richmond it's probably 40 or 50%.

Hows this for a stat, I just checked the tally for all teams for Points Against and found out something very interesting....

Gold Coast - PA 2620
Port Adelaide - PA 2559
Richmond - PA 2292
Essendon - PA 2217

These are the bottom 4 clubs for points conceded for the year, obviously Essendon have the bye next week and other teams still have a game to play but interesting none the less.

In fact on average for the top8 teams Essendon has conceded almost 600 more points for the year then any other team in the top8 whilst the gap between Essendon and Collingwood is almost 1000 points.

Heading in the right direction.

Hardwick is a gun.

With some good drafting/trading, they could play finals next year, definitely the year after that.

We are exactly where most Richmond supporters predicted we'd be before the start of the year.

I had us finishing 12th,alot had us finishing 13th.

We are in 11th,improved improved on last year.

Three awful losses in this years fixture.

The 500k games which I think the club was right.

we can all say in hindsigh that they cost the club but I think going in the 8 this year,just puts way too much pressure on the club and for us to finish 8th this year,then everybody would expect us to finish top 5 next year and with our still developing list ,it wouldn't happen.
I'm happy where we are atm.

Probably get 9th again:D,but the expectations for next year are more realistic.

I reckon if we improve slowl and just get games into more kids,then we will have a better chance of staying in the 8 instead of jumping in and out.

ah the Richmond Cycle, you could set your calander to it.

Right now it's the late season wins phase to instill hope that next year might be different. Just enough so that all off-season Tiges fans can compare themselves favourably to other mid level teams and start dreaming about how their magic midfield will bring them glory and fame, and about how with this batch of kids it's different!

This phase continues now through to April, when the reality phase kicks in, before denial, aggression, acceptance and depression are worked through in short order.

This must be a wonderful time of year for Tigers fans.

Hows this for a stat, I just checked the tally for all teams for Points Against and found out something very interesting....

Gold Coast - PA 2620
Port Adelaide - PA 2559
Richmond - PA 2292
Essendon - PA 2217

These are the bottom 4 clubs for points conceded for the year, obviously Essendon have the bye next week and other teams still have a game to play but interesting none the less.

In fact on average for the top8 teams Essendon has conceded almost 600 more points for the year then any other team in the top8 whilst the gap between Essendon and Collingwood is almost 1000 points.
The 8th placed team is the worst of the top 8, and not actually as good as the 1st placed team?

You're a gem, you really are.

Seriously, it's been only 30 minutes since that was debunked for like the fourth time in this thread.

dunno, all I heard last year was how much improvement there'd been in the second half of the year and how it took them half a season to learn Hardwick's game plan and now they were cherry ripe. I actually tried to point out on numerous occasions that the second half of last was actually pretty crap, as you're obviously intelligent enough to realise, containing wins against only interstate teams and including a few 10 goal thrashings.

But the fans and the media were all convinced Richmond were coming. There were polls that compared Essendon's future to Richmonds, how that midfield was going to dominate. Your most famous supporter, Trout, was on SEN every day saying about how Richmond's good young kids were going to take them to finals whilst Essendoom would duke it out with Brisbane for last.

So maybe you don't get late season wins every single year. But there's always the hope there, and that's what we're all here for isn't it?

Like I said, a wonderful time of year for Tiggies supporters.

absolute junk time win.

They simply can't win when there is anything riding on the game.

Maningless season filler game which gives them false hope going into next year.

They needed to beat Gold Coast and Port not the teams at the end when there is no pressure on.

So the Sydney win was junk time?

Of course you are right that we needed to win those two games, in fact it would have been nice to get two goes at those two teams, simple fact is we weren't good enough on the day, Id still rather finish off the season with some wins, than to watch my team tank, all you can do is try to win every game you can.

we can all say in hindsigh that they cost the club but I think going in the 8 this year,just puts way too much pressure on the club and for us to finish 8th this year,then everybody would expect us to finish top 5 next year and with our still developing list ,it wouldn't happen.
I'm happy where we are atm.

yeah, it would have created huge problems if you'd made the finals. wouldn't want that. here's a list of the other clubs whose supporters don't want them to make the finals because of all the problems it causes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This phase continues now through to April, when the reality phase kicks in, before denial, aggression, acceptance and depression are worked through in short order.

This must be a wonderful time of year for Tigers fans.

You're doing it wrong Lance. It goes:
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance
:)

In a way I would prefer to lose against the Roos, just to avoid any misguided hope. I had us at 8-10 wins for the year, and based on history thought that would put us about 12th. I think most Tiger supporters thought the same.

So the Sydney win was junk time?

Of course you are right that we needed to win those two games, in fact it would have been nice to get two goes at those two teams, simple fact is we weren't good enough on the day, Id still rather finish off the season with some wins, than to watch my team tank, all you can do is try to win every game you can.

Absolute junk time.

Richmond couldn't make the eight no matter what, then they started winning. so the gmae had nothiing riding on it for RIchmond, so the pressure was completely off.

They simply haevn't won when it mattered for their season for decades.

Junk time meaningless wins

yeah, it would have created huge problems if you'd made the finals. wouldn't want that. here's a list of the other clubs whose supporters don't want them to make the finals because of all the problems it causes:

believe it or not, some North supporters actually seem to think making the finals would be detrimental. Apparently not making the finals means that when they do make the finals they'll win a flag. Or something. I don't really get it myself, as I understand it's just PR spin from the coaching department, but some of them have really taken it to heart.

The 8th placed team is the worst of the top 8, and not actually as good as the 1st placed team?

You're a gem, you really are.

As I said in my previous post, Essendon has on average conceded 600 points more then any other top8 team for the year, most of the top8 teams (Bar Collingwood) sit at around 1600-1680.

Your team really isn't that good defensively and is in the bottom 4 clubs for points conceded (mine included).

As I said in my previous post, Essendon has on average conceded 600 points more then any other top8 team for the year, most of the top8 teams (Bar Collingwood) sit at around 1600-1680.

Your team really isn't that good defensively and is in the bottom 4 clubs for points conceded (mine included).

Hmm.

Whereas the top 4 for points scored...

Collingwood - 2539
Geelong - 2399
Hawthorn - 2249
Essendon - 2217

Also interesting.

Absolute junk time.

Richmond couldn't make the eight no matter what, then they started winning. so the gmae had nothiing riding on it for RIchmond, so the pressure was completely off.

Ermm... It wasn't junk time for Sydney though...

Sydney win wasn't junk time.

Crows definately wasn't.

Bickley has a coaching job at stake.

He wants to win every game to get the gig.

Same for the Dees and their coach.

Those grapes are sour.

Media will not give us anything.

They hate Richmond just as much as you lot.

I prefer the glory riders to hate us anyway.

Next year any loss we have will be magnifide ten fold by the media.

Just you watch the rats at work.

Have been absolutely blessed by the injury lucky stick. Their 4 A graders (Cotchin,Deledio, Riewoldt and Martin) have not missed one single game all season.

Not one other club has had that sort of luck this year.

But yep - they're coming.

Absolute junk time.

Dogs haven't won when it matters since 54.

None of that is relevant to the thread, or even my post.

Have been absolutely blessed by the injury lucky stick. Their 4 A graders (Cotchin,Deledio, Riewoldt and Martin) have not missed one single game all season.

Not one other club has had that sort of luck this year.

But yep - they're coming.

Media full of Essendon supporters.
I see a link here.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

New Tiger Dawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back