NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

So? It is still an average squad at best IMO. It will probably have the advantage of knowing most tmeas will pass against them but they just ain't that good.

how is being the #1 team in turnovers and #2 overall D an average team? and also having the D-MVP and 2 starting rookie OLB? and a rookie DT taking some snaps? while i admit i think our Offence is better but that is full of stars with Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Finlay, Grant. and i think Nelson will have a breakout season and take #3 on the WR chart soon. but out d stands up to most teams, we had a bad 3 quaters against the cards.

how is being the #1 team in turnovers and #2 overall D an average team? and also having the D-MVP and 2 starting rookie OLB? and a rookie DT taking some snaps? while i admit i think our Offence is better but that is full of stars with Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Finlay, Grant. and i think Nelson will have a breakout season and take #3 on the WR chart soon. but out d stands up to most teams, we had a bad 3 quaters against the cards.
Meh, some things transcend stats. (Hint - GB weather, nice schedule). The overall stats don't actuall describe GBs year at all well IMO.

They're better stat wise than I was giving them credit for obviously, I just think as a whole they're an average squad.

Will be interesting to see how the year unfolds.

Meh, some things transcend stats. (Hint - GB weather, nice schedule). The overall stats don't actuall describe GBs year at all well IMO.

They're better stat wise than I was giving them credit for obviously, I just think as a whole they're an average squad.

Will be interesting to see how the year unfolds.

im not calling the packer D the best but we are above average, we would be in the top 5 IMO

Apart from the obvious flaw of calling a top 5 defence "above average", it's useless arguing with fans about how their team is not as perfect as they would like them to be. Most fans worth their salt would support their team and see them in rose coloured glasses till their team starts doing horribly during the season.

Fact is Packers have a decent defence and it is capable of holding it's own during games, however if you see the defence as the most marketable thing in Green Bay - then you're deluded. The only thing that should matter is Aaron Rodgers, without him Green Bay is nothing. Also a valid arguement is not about how great your rookies are and you great your injured players are - we can only judge what we see on the field on week 1. Rookies come into the NFL as fresh without the wear and tear as other athletes. Let's see how Raji and Matthews do now without their supporting cast helping out to bump up their stats or cover their asses for their short falls. Lastly, a valid arguement is never "I think this player will break out" - nobody knows that. We can and so should you on what you have seen.

I actually like Green Bay's chances this season to go all the way but at least argue valid points on why instead of pointing to what's not there.

Thanks larkis, you've sold the Rams to me.

Been watching bits and pieces on Sam Bradford :) and reading up on the team.
Definitely seems to echo west coasts recent history, both winning a title/losing a GF/SB and currently rebuilding.

Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction :)

One factor often neglected in the decision making process is taking into account the owner of the franchise. They are often unwilling to relinquish control as their respective franchise becomes their 'baby', and you're stuck with them for eternity.

For example Jerry Jones, currently in his late sixties and who I've no doubt will be around for another 30+ years, being kept alive on the sidelines by state-of-the-art million dollar equipment if need be. (Is there a Simpsons episode where Mr Burns gets so old and in such a state that his brain is attached to a robot? This is so up Jerry's alley.)

However there are many teams with good owners (and many bad) so to filter down the list we can eliminate any teams with apparent bandwagons. This leaves teams like Baltimore, Philly and some under-the-radar choices like Houston and Carolina. Then of course there is Green Bay.

Last year i saw a NFL match where the fans were wearing what looked like hats with cheese on them. :D
Not sure if that is what they where all year round, but if so,what team are they?
What is this team?
Green Bay Cheesy Fudge Packers.

Last year i saw a NFL match where the fans were wearing what looked like hats with cheese on them. :D
Not sure if that is what they where all year round, but if so,what team are they?
What is this team?

Green Bay, the cheese heads. ahh packers fans are a fun lot of people. one of the nicest places to see a football game

well acording to all the anouncers the best place to see football is Green bay, and ive been there, i think the ticket price is worth the experance, than there it the packers hall of fame and "Titletown" but ive only ever been to Green bay, Soilder feild, Ford Feild, Arazona [preseason last year so doesnt realy count] and the old cowboy stadium.

well acording to all the anouncers the best place to see football is Green bay, and ive been there, i think the ticket price is worth the experance, than there it the packers hall of fame and "Titletown" but ive only ever been to Green bay, Soilder feild, Ford Feild, Arazona [preseason last year so doesnt realy count] and the old cowboy stadium.
Glen Jakovich is an announcer for AFL - would you take his word as gospel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks larkis, you've sold the Rams to me.

Been watching bits and pieces on Sam Bradford :) and reading up on the team.
Definitely seems to echo west coasts recent history, both winning a title/losing a GF/SB and currently rebuilding.

Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction :)

I like the fact that you've embraced NFL and a team in rebuild mode. Once you get to the next level of being more passionate/ addictive to the NFL, mark my words, you'll realise the AFL is a 'time filler' before the ultimate team sport league starts over each season.

Colours are subjective and teams success at the same period is purely co-incidental but if that floats your boat... great!:thumbsu:

I like the fact that you've embraced NFL and a team in rebuild mode. Once you get to the next level of being more passionate/ addictive to the NFL, mark my words, you'll realise the AFL is a 'time filler' before the ultimate team sport league starts over each season.

Colours are subjective and teams success at the same period is purely co-incidental but if that floats your boat... great!:thumbsu:

ive been following NFL for 8 years and been a packers fan for about 6 or 7, but i dont see the AFL as a "time Filler" but as the main offseason sport and vice veser, i love them both and follow them both closely. but when its finals time i do seem to follow NFL more because theres more to do, but feb and march after the superbowl and before AFL starts i call it the Combine time and watch highlights of the college players before and after the combine.other than that im happy all year so 10 months of the year i have my sporting fix. and in September its all good with NFL back, but i follow NFL preseason closer than AFL. but i personaly wouldnt call 1 bettet than the other for me its equal love.

ive been following NFL for 8 years and been a packers fan for about 6 or 7, but i dont see the AFL as a "time Filler" but as the main offseason sport and vice veser, i love them both and follow them both closely. but when its finals time i do seem to follow NFL more because theres more to do, but feb and march after the superbowl and before AFL starts i call it the Combine time and watch highlights of the college players before and after the combine.other than that im happy all year so 10 months of the year i have my sporting fix. and in September its all good with NFL back, but i follow NFL preseason closer than AFL. but i personaly wouldnt call 1 bettet than the other for me its equal love.

You follow a team in the AFL that gives you hope year in, year out, regardless of how many 'stock standard ploughers' contribute.. it's great to have best of both worlds (I lived with that for 2 decades!!) but I've pulled out the stumps on the AFL due to many annoying factors that make the game impossible/ a joke to take seriously anymore and it doesn't help when you have kids thinking they have made it after two 'serviceable games' ....I regress. Nevermind.

I'm glad you've keen and contribute to this board. Packers - Pies fan...interesting combination. :thumbsu:

i was kinda offended when i saw the topic for AFL/NFL fans common teams, that i should be an oakland raiders fan, i prefer the packers with all the Championships, and the long time since out last, both may win this year. and back 2002-2003 foxsports showed a lot of packers games as well as cowboys fans, and i was like indor football pift pussys lol, ill take the packers.

Picking an NFL team?

Hi Guys and I know with the season just started I noticed that ONE give pretty good coverage an I thought I would follow it more than just checking out who won the Superbowl.

So which team would you suggest I follow?

I would not like to Support a Manning team. ;)

Re: Picking an NFL team?

Hi Guys and I know with the season just started I noticed that ONE give pretty good coverage an I thought I would follow it more than just checking out who won the Superbowl.

So which team would you suggest I follow?

I would not like to Support a Manning team. ;)

The NY Jets is the bandwagon team this year, due to the recent HBO Hard Knocks series (I suggest you watch it). Lots of media coverage. Great line up but somewhat crappy quarterback.

or maybe consider one of the teams that doesn't have a big BigFooty presence ... there aren't too many Chargers, Bengals, Bears, Ravens, Redskins, Titans, Falcons, Dolphins, Colts or Texans fans on here.

**** the Jets. :p

or maybe consider one of the teams that doesn't have a big BigFooty presence ... there aren't too many Chargers, Bengals, Bears, Ravens, Redskins, Titans, Falcons, Dolphins, Colts or Texans fans on here.

@ indieswan96, I agree with DB10's suggestion but picking a team may not be a one step process if you care to follow it long term. It's easy to jump on bandwagons as many tend to do but you've gotta look at the big picture of what really interests you about the team/s. Star players will easily capture your attention but I'd like to advise you that taking on a team with *future star* rookies / second year players as your best option.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back