NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Picking an NFL team?

what is everyones opinions on swappings teams, im ditchin the cowboys for the seahawks. never fully warmed to dallas, going for the lakers was one too many bandwagon wagon teams too many. sounds like a dog act i know but theres too many 'boys supporters around. only been a fan for a year so still finding out what teams i like.

what is everyones opinions on swappings teams, im ditchin the cowboys for the seahawks. never fully warmed to dallas, going for the lakers was one too many bandwagon wagon teams too many. sounds like a dog act i know but theres too many 'boys supporters around. only been a fan for a year so still finding out what teams i like.

If the players can swap teams, what holds back the fans? loyalty to following an overseas club is much different to a local club/league environment IMHO but then again fans are just fans. I'm more an NFL fan who is more partial to the Steelers than other most other teams so I suppose that if I wanted to swap teams, I would coz I CAN. :p

i was kinda offended when i saw the topic for AFL/NFL fans common teams, that i should be an oakland raiders fan, i prefer the packers with all the Championships, and the long time since out last, both may win this year. and back 2002-2003 foxsports showed a lot of packers games as well as cowboys fans, and i was like indor football pift pussys lol, ill take the packers.

Offended for what? Nobody is stating that Pie fans ought to be Raider fans. Just the color and similarities they have in common. I'm glad you can overlook the subjective colour factor when it comes to selecting your team. Heck, the Steelers wider fan base is more within the whole Pies 'supporter base' realm.

Pick the Dolphins, Indie. It's the right way to go, we're shocking a lot of people already and may we continue to do so :D
It would also fit in with your water creature theme. Swans and Dolphins ;)

@ Woodson, I agree. If players can do it why not. But only if your heart says it's the right way to go and it's not really a form of bandwagoning such as if you were to change from the Buccaneers to the Saints for instance.

Well I think I've made a decision.

It was between two teams in the end; New England and Miami. I had a look at couple of their games and I really liked what Miami did with the 'wildcat' attack last year. But I am a great fan of the Brady - Welker combination as well. They both seem like attacking teams and being two of the bigger teams would get some nice coverage as well.

But the tipping point was my dislike for the Manning brothers. So I think you know which way I went.:rolleyes:

I will always have a soft spot for the Chargers and Dolphins though.

Thanks for the help though.

It was between two teams in the end; New England and Miami. I had a look at couple of their games and I really liked what Miami did with the 'wildcat' attack last year. But I am a great fan of the Brady - Welker combination as well. They both seem like attacking teams and being two of the bigger teams would get some nice coverage as well.

But the tipping point was my dislike for the Manning brothers. So I think you know which way I went.:rolleyes:

Fail.

That soft spot will soon disappear. Especially towards the Dolphins, maybe not so much the Chargers now that sook LT has gone to the Jets which you will soon learn to hate as well.

Anyway good choice and welcome.

ps. if any Raiders fans give you shit just say 'tuck rule' :D

Where is the hate (for Manning Bros) coming from? :confused: They aren't shoddy QB's... they ain't players who have an arrogant attitude like Big Ben :p and aside from being SB MVP's and nothing more... to hate just them and not their clubs sounds totally absurd.. it's not like you were bleeding with the rest of the NE fans when Eli shruggled off that Pats tackle to float that pass to Tyree. I witnessed 'HATE' in it's purest sense on Wednesday night and it was disgraceful & immature. Whattya expect from Italian soccer fans? A draw was quite the fitting result for both set of fans.

Where is the hate (for Manning Bros) coming from? :confused: They aren't shoddy QB's... they ain't players who have an arrogant attitude like Big Ben :p and aside from being SB MVP's and nothing more... to hate just them and not their clubs sounds totally absurd..

I'm baffled as well, just seems a ridiculous reason to begin following a given team. What happens when Brady retires and the Pats acquire Eli? :p

Other reasons not necessarily football related to follow/like, or not follow/dislike a particular team. Also, first things that come to mind about the team. Mine have/become -

Raiders- Similar to the AFL's Kangaroo's, low crowds/low position team/ high self esteem. Similar history. Clint Eastwood. Ice Cube.

Ravens- Ray Lewis. Edgar Allen Poe.

New York Jets- Sanchez. Joe Namath.

New York Giants- One team that should be New Jersey...surely.

Miami Dolphins- Ace Ventura.

Pittsburgh Steelers- George A Romero and Bikies ruining shopping malls.

New England Patriots- Stumped there. Paul Revere?

Tennessee Titans- Rock & Roll. Elvis.

Chicago Bears- Howlin Wolf. Bo Diddley. Chess Records.

New Orleans- Cajun. Great music.

Cincinnati Bengals- Great Logo/colours.

Cleveland Browns- The Deer Hunter.

Washington Redskins- Logo.

Green Bay- Cheese.

Detroit Lions- Stooges.

San Francisco- Dirty Harry.

Minnesota Vikings- Thor.

Tampa Bay- Pirate cheats.

Carolina Panthers- Julia Stiles.

Seattle Seahawks- Horatio McCallister.

St. Louis Rams- Chuck Berry.

Arizona Cardinals- Coen Brother's.

Atlanta Falcons- Nashville Pussy.

Dallas Cowboys- George Bush.

Denver Broncos- Rocky Mountain Donkey.

Indianapolis Colts- Manning.

Buffalo Bills- Wild West.

Jacksonville- Johnny Cash.

Houston- Oil.

Kansas City- No place like home.

San Diego- Marcus Allen.

Phil Eagles- Tom Hanks. Bruce Springsteen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other reasons not necessarily football related to follow/like, or not follow/dislike a particular team. Also, first things that come to mind about the team. Mine have/become -

Raiders- Similar to the AFL's Kangaroo's, low crowds/low position team/ high self esteem. Similar history. Clint Eastwood. Ice Cube.

Ravens- Ray Lewis. Edgar Allen Poe.

New York Jets- Sanchez. Joe Namath.

New York Giants- One team that should be New Jersey...surely.

Miami Dolphins- Ace Ventura.

Pittsburgh Steelers- George A Romero and Bikies ruining shopping malls.

New England Patriots- Stumped there. Paul Revere?

Tennessee Titans- Rock & Roll. Elvis.

Chicago Bears- Howlin Wolf. Bo Diddley. Chess Records.

New Orleans- Cajun. Great music.

Cincinnati Bengals- Great Logo/colours.

Washington Redskins- Logo.

Green Bay- Cheese.

Detroit Lions- Stooges.

San Francisco- Dirty Harry.

Minnesota Vikings- Thor.

Tampa Bay- Pirate cheats.

Carolina Panthers- Julia Stiles.

Seattle Seahawks- Horatio McCallister.

St. Louis Rams- Chuck Berry.

Arizona Cardinals- Coen Brother's.

Atlanta Falcons- Nashville Pussy.

Dallas Cowboys- George Bush.

Denver Broncos- Rocky Mountain Donkey.

Indianapolis Colts- Manning.

Buffalo Bills- Wild West.

Jacksonville- Johnny Cash.

Houston- Oil.

Kansas City- No place like home.

San Diego- Marcus Allen.

Phil Eagles- Tom Hanks. Bruce Springsteen.

Why? Why more so than the Jets?

Why? Why more so than the Jets?
Giants been based in New Jersey since 1976
Jets only been based there since 1984

that's the only arguement I can see him using

Ever watched Hostel? ;) Evil club up to no good :p

hcost2.jpg

Hey all i still don't know who to support. I have really gotten into it this year watched quite a few games and watched quite a few last year as well. No one team has jumped out at me yet.

I still don't know a lot of the players/ team strategies and playbooks i guess i am only still a begginer. But i feel if i pick a team i will really get into it.

Some sort of teams for some reason i have interests in are the eagles, ravens, steelers, brett fa....i mean vikings, green bay and the jets. If people could help me out a bit that would be great.

i'm also going to purchase madden after i finish exams on the 16th

don't want to jump on a bandwagon ;)

i think the ravens or the eagles are looking likely at this stage
please not Eagles
It's really boring when you talk to NFL fans in Oz

It feels like the vast majority are split between 3 teams (Eagles, Patriots and Cowboys)

Go with someone else

I feel anyone can learn to love Atlanta, we may not have a standout gamestyle that attracts the hardcores of any discipline, but we're perfectly balanced, and everyone can be satisfied following us (well, unless you love losing, if that's your forte, look at the Bills! :) )

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back