New Weights for players on bulldogs website

Remove this Banner Ad

KouDogg

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys i was just browsing the bulldogs website on afl.com.au and i noticed they have updated the weights for each player AND MY GOD HAVE WE BULKED UP.

I have seen the players up close in real life but when you see their weights compared to last year its almost unbelievable. We have now 7-8 players over the 100kg mark, our heaviest player being Streets at 110kg.

Its truley amazing some players have gone up by an absolute crap load. I remember someone saying Ray was our heaviest midfielder last year, well now he is probably our smallest (and for sum reason it says Ray is 3 kg less from last year???).

Also note that Jarrad Grant has put on 4kg to reach the 80kg mark. So i am expecting to see him sooner rather than later.

Here is the link to the players.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/T...rofile/tabid/9150/Default.aspx?playerid=14631

Does any one have a site for last years weights ?

I think on the bulldogs website if you scroll down and look opposite the goal scoring leader board you will see a profile and a picture of a player (it changes every something seconds). Those weights mention are last years. So thats one way of comparing. (I know that because today it said Mcdougal was 92 kg and he is now 103kg).

I guess you can also use google.

For those interested

+11:
McDougall (only 1kg lighter than Lake)

+10:
Higgins

+9:
Everitt (I'm assuming since this is since he was drafted)

+6:
Hill and Morris

+5:
Akermanis, Cooney and Street

+4:
Cross, Hughes (retired), Lake, Stack and Wight

+3:
Addison, Eagleton, Giansiracusa, Gilbee, Grant, Hahn (Is now 99kg's), Harbrow, Minson, O'Shea, Ray, Ward and Williams (is now 101kg)

+2:
Callan and Johnson

+1:
Griffen, O'Keefe and Tiller

0:
Hudson, Lynch, Murphy, Welsh, West and Wood.

-1:
Skipper

-2:
Hargrave and Reid

Each of Eagleton, Griffen, Lake and Ray grew 1cm, while draftees Reid, Grant and Ward all lost 1cm.

Interesting to see Bob did not gain anything, however how the hell did Everitt gain 9 kilos:eek:?? Maybe he swallowed lead weights just before the weigh in. Looks like he is living up to his jumpers predecessor in terms of weight gain. At this rate he is surely going to be bigger than his brother:rolleyes:

For those interested

+11:

+10:
Higgins

+9:

+6:
Hill and Morris

+5:

+4:

+3:
Addison, Eagleton, Giansiracusa, Gilbee, Grant, Hahn (Is now 99kg's), Harbrow, Minson, O'Shea, Ray, Ward and Williams (is now 101kg)

+2:
Callan and Johnson

+1:

0:

-1:
Skipper

-2:
Hargrave and Reid

Each of Eagleton, Griffen, Lake and Ray grew 1cm, while draftees Reid, Grant and Ward all lost 1cm.

Dont men stop growing at the age of 21 or something ?

For those interested

+11:

+10:
Higgins

+9:

+6:
Hill and Morris

+5:

+4:

+3:

+2:
Callan and Johnson

+1:

0:

-1:
Skipper

-2:
Hargrave and Reid

website must be wrong happen to know one of the players and the three highlighted have put on abit o'keefe is 80kg ward is 79 and reid is 81 and ward has grown 1 cm these three developing real well ward is big in thickness and reid shoulders are massive and geting bigger.
boumann 87kg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

website must be wrong happen to know one of the players and the three highlighted have put on abit o'keefe is 80kg ward is 79 and reid is 81 and ward has grown 1 cm these three developing real well ward is big in thickness and reid shoulders are massive and geting bigger.
boumann 87kg.

Well if those weight numbers are true, i cant see why not these guys cant play round 1. It looks like they are physically ready for AFL level.

Especially Boumann 87kg is huge.

I suppose you've gotta take those figures with a grain of salt though. I can't really see blokes losing/gaining centimeters in height.

Also, the guys are gonna lose some of that conditioning once the season is up and running and training is tailored to compensate for match wear and tear.

Can't complain though, it all sounds good. Bring on Round 1!

Are some of these players being seen in Widescreen? McDougall 103. Wight 97 etc etc. My TV's an old fashioned one and I still saw a couple of fairly skinny guys in the NAB cup. Oh well I'll just have to go to the Family Day and have a good look with my own reliable eyes.

I suppose you've gotta take those figures with a grain of salt though. I can't really see blokes losing/gaining centimeters in height.

Good point, the gains may be fabricated? Going by them we actually have quite the team of monsters and Mcdougall must have drunken alot of chocolate milk

If McDougall weighs 103kgs, that's due to the mop of hair on his head weighing him down.

p.s. does he still have that shocker of a hair cut? I haven't seen a game this year yet, so I'm in the dark here.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Weights for players on bulldogs website

Remove this Banner Ad

Back