Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

They will certainly have a look, Saleh saying that after the game is meaningless.

At the end of the day, our OL is going to kill us (and probable already has).

I'll enjoy this for what it is. A great team effort over a division rival.
Yeah it’s just fantastic to have that joy at the end after a horror start with AR..the harsh reality will set in next week no doubt.
Hope Rogers sticks around for the season and mentors Wilson.

Just waiting for the MRI to confirm, but Rodgers is done for the season with a torn Achilles.

You don't come back from a ruptured achilles at age 40.

This is Rodgers career over.

Part of me thinks that, the other part thinks that Rodgers doesnt want to go out like that.
but he has already lost his mobility the last couple of years. What will he look like in another 12 months, and will they actually fix the OL.

I guess with how close he was to retirement he can just pretend the last couple of months didnt happen.
He was already getting calf injuries the last couple of seasons. You can only outrun age for so long.

It sucks for him, the Jets fans and the NFL as a whole to lose one of the best QB's of all time.

Ive been frustrated by some of Rodgers play the last few years, and was looking forward to him having a good year and prove the doubters wrong about his arm and stuff. He looked happy in the preseason. I was hoping this would be more 2019-20 Rodgers and not hold on to the ball as much. I did fear for him behind that OL, but was more worried about getting banged up rather than a season ending injury.

The Jets have an elite defense, Garrett Wilson and Hall are studs. Its going to feel like a season that was snatched away from them.

I feel like I've been smacked in the mouth. That was the most amazing rollercoaster of a game. Who would ever have put money on Aaron Rogers suffering a season-ending injury as soon as he steps on the field, and Zach Wilson taking over and smashing the Bills?

But your defense is good, and I would love to see the team becoming defiant and saying, "Damn you for writing us off. We're going to win this season." They could still be an exciting team to watch this year. And never forget that when the Dolphins went undefeated in 1972, they did most of it with their backup QB, a journeyman in his late thirties. This could still be a fun season for Jets fans. 👍

The loser punters at the Packers bar who had to pay their tabs after jets won lol

A lot of looks of "how am I going to explain this to my wife..."

Most people dont correct, but there is always some outliers... My boy, Steve Smith. He might not have been 39, but he was 37 and as a WR an achilles injury is way more detrimental to them than a QB (also, he did his in week 8 and was back by week 1 the next season). Still had 800 yards in his final season.

If you have the competitive juices it can be done.

AJ Hawk said this morning his feeling is Rodgers wont go out like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people dont correct, but there is always some outliers... My boy, Steve Smith. He might not have been 39, but he was 37 and as a WR an achilles injury is way more detrimental to them than a QB (also, he did his in week 8 and was back by week 1 the next season). Still had 800 yards in his final season.

If you have the competitive juices it can be done.

AJ Hawk said this morning his feeling is Rodgers wont go out like this.
I’m now thinking it could be possible Rogers has a year off recovery and returns next year… I’d have him back

I’m now thinking it could be possible Rogers has a year off recovery and returns next year… I’d have him back

If the first round pick they get to keep now from the trade with the Packers isn't used on the oline something is wrong.

If the first round pick they get to keep now from the trade with the Packers isn't used on the oline something is wrong.
Yeah I hear ya.

Also if our d can stifle the opposition in a big way every week then there’s a chance of more wins.

It’s the jets way ..hope and pray and don’t have too big a expectations.

No choice too but to pretend the Rogers experiment didn’t actually happen and put faith in Wilson improving as time goes on.

Was listening to Peacock + Williamson podcast on the way to work this morning. Matt Williamson floated the possibility of the Jets first call being to Tom Brady (who, in my view, would almost certainly knock them back) and then checking to see what the Rams would want for Stafford.

It does depend on whether the NFL would agree that the Jets can trade their 2024 first round pick to the Rams, given that the Packers clearly won't get that now (they get the Jets' 2024 second round pick that would have become a first round pick had Rodgers played 60+% of the snaps in 2024).

The second alternative would be asking what the Titans want in exchange for Tannehill.

The problem with this theory, though, is that we're week 1 into the season, so unless the Rams and/or Titans are prepared to torpedo their seasons this early (and why would they?) they wouldn't be prepared to trade their starters until closer to the deadline, which won't help the Jets.

The alternative is throwing a later round pick at a veteran backup, like Trubisky, Winston or Minshew.

Then the fall-back would be signing someone like Carson Wentz, who is still a free agent.

Was listening to Peacock + Williamson podcast on the way to work this morning. Matt Williamson floated the possibility of the Jets first call being to Tom Brady (who, in my view, would almost certainly knock them back) and then checking to see what the Rams would want for Stafford.

It does depend on whether the NFL would agree that the Jets can trade their 2024 first round pick to the Rams, given that the Packers clearly won't get that now (they get the Jets' 2024 second round pick that would have become a first round pick had Rodgers played 60+% of the snaps in 2024).

The second alternative would be asking what the Titans want in exchange for Tannehill.

The problem with this theory, though, is that we're week 1 into the season, so unless the Rams and/or Titans are prepared to torpedo their seasons this early (and why would they?) they wouldn't be prepared to trade their starters until closer to the deadline, which won't help the Jets.

The alternative is throwing a later round pick at a veteran backup, like Trubisky, Winston or Minshew.

Then the fall-back would be signing someone like Carson Wentz, who is still a free agent.
All those options make me feel sick to the stomach.

Except the Brady one …but let’s say hypothetically it happened..how quick could he adjust and learn the jets’ playbook.

Has it ever happened before? A successful transition into a team by a new QB after the season has started ?

Its both the NFL and the Packers who would have to agree to allow the Jets to trade the 1st round pick. conditional picks are not decided until the end of season and all picks tied up in conditional numbers cant be moved even if that number has been passed or impossible to get unless everyone comes to an agreement. And i doubt the Packers would do it for free would likely ask for a later pick to go along with the 2nd.

Its both the NFL and the Packers who would have to agree to allow the Jets to trade the 1st round pick. conditional picks are not decided until the end of season and all picks tied up in conditional numbers cant be moved even if that number has been passed or impossible to get unless everyone comes to an agreement. And i doubt the Packers would do it for free would likely ask for a later pick to go along with the 2nd.

He truth is they gotta do it. Broker a deal and get someone.

He truth is they gotta do it. Broker a deal and get someone.
If you go for a Stafford or Cousins im not sure how Aaron will take it. Neither will be 15-20 game rentals they will be there for longer and might be the end of the Rodgers experiment.

Its going to be a tough decision, you are in a win now window. and who knows how the team will look in 12 months when Aaron could be back.

If you go for a Stafford or Cousins im not sure how Aaron will take it. Neither will be 15-20 game rentals they will be there for longer and might be the end of the Rodgers experiment.

Its going to be a tough decision, you are in a win now window. and who knows how the team will look in 12 months when Aaron could be back.

You wouldn't make a trade for one of them until Rodgers says I'm retiring. I think he'll be back, so doubt a trade happens.

You wouldn't make a trade for one of them until Rodgers says I'm retiring. I think he'll be back, so doubt a trade happens.
which makes this a wasted year.

I dont think there is a way to keep everyone happy. It might come down to we are a QB away and win now, or keep Aaron happy.

Whoever is the QB still needs to play behind that OL. If they didnt fix it in the offseason, what makes you think they will fix it now with no real assets to trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back