New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Remove this Banner Ad

Afridi is playing ODI no. 390, and assuming he plays the next one, no. 391. If he plays all group matches that takes him to 397. Pakistan have to make the final for him to reach 400.

I'd be pissed if I was Matt Henry at not making the WC squad.

I don't really rate Mills too highly either (although sounds as though he's bowling superbly today). Suppose they wanted an experienced head in there. I also questioned the Elliott selection ahead of Neesham, but he's made a couple of very handy contributions so maybe the selectors are a lot smarter than me!

I'm not really sure who would replace him, apart from say Latham opening with McCullum, but even then Latham's form over the past month hasn't been decent either ...

It's a shame Ryder couldn't get his act together, he was a dangerous opener for NZ several years ago, him and McCullum could rip attacks apart.

Afridi is playing ODI no. 390, and assuming he plays the next one, no. 391. If he plays all group matches that takes him to 397. Pakistan have to make the final for him to reach 400.
Don't forget there's warm-up games prior to the WC,which I assume count to his tally
Pakistan play Bangladesh at Blacktown on Feb 9 and England at the SCG on Feb 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back