NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why must Australia always try to be like the states? I mean like, first The Shire now this. WTF GUSY.

Becuz, all the kids relate to American culture more due to the complete over-saturation in the media and everyday life. One of the shittier effects of Globalisation.

The AFL has always lacked decent merch, the Swans stuff is awful, our colour scheme doesn't help, although predominantly white with a bit of red looks good.

You cant really complain about the New Era hats, the current alternatives are much worse
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/portals/68/swans_shop.html

IMO - The giants are one team that have got their shit together when it comes to merch.

Those gloves look god awful who in their right mind would buy them...

The hats, ehh could go either way with a monogram, maybe if they bought out the heritage badges I would also be more inclined to purcahse one, though GC wouldn't qualifiy for one of those.

It still is, everyone has them on still.
BSD3-1.png

I assume by everyone you mean shitbags right?

i've got a baseball cap that came with a sticker, i had to look up on the internet what team it what; atlanta braves

ripped the sticker off as soon as i got it

funnily enough everybody asks me why i bought a fake cap because i'm not displaying the sticker..

Fake caps have stickers too! The whole thing is BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving all the hate just because of the stickers. Its the "thing" to do, you leave the stickers on, its "fashion" it happens, get over it.

If that is fashion then I don't wanna be a part of it.

Stickers on snapbacks is instantly associated with all the scummy mall rats down here. Guys like Igloo and most Geelong supporters will know what I'm talking about :(

Stickers on snapbacks is instantly associated with all the scummy mall rats down here. Guys like Igloo and most Geelong supporters will know what I'm talking about :(
Most definitely :p. Pretty much a certainty to spot a few of these tossers if you walk through town.

I hate that style of caps in the OP with the big flat brims, I wouldn't be seen dead in one. The other styles of AFL caps all look awful too and are either too small or just don't fit right.

I just wish you could get proper baseball style caps for AFL teams. One of my favourite caps is a Baltimore Orioles baseball cap I bought in the States, it fits perfectly and looks great but those types of caps are bloody hard to find here.

I hate that style of caps in the OP with the big flat brims, I wouldn't be seen dead in one. The other styles of AFL caps all look awful too and are either too small or just don't fit right.

I just wish you could get proper baseball style caps for AFL teams. One of my favourite caps is a Baltimore Orioles baseball cap I bought in the States, it fits perfectly and looks great but those types of caps are bloody hard to find here.

The official on field hats are the flat brim. A curved brim just needs to be set by the wearer. See Matt Kemp with the flat brim and Clayton Kershaw with the bent brim. Same hats, different look.

On to the AFL hats, I own about 8 59Fifty hats. All with a curved brim and no sticker. Im probably one of the few that is definitely going to get one, although I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a dodgy one. New Era only makes their hats in the u.s for the MLB, NBA and recently NFL. The newly started Australian Baseball League all use New Era hats made in china. I was one of the unlucky ones to get a dodgy Brisbane Bandits hat that is atleast 2 sizes small of what the size on the hat reads.

You can bend the brim of a 5950 though. At least that's what i'm told.

The style of cap that we're getting is the same as what the MLB players wear on field. The brim can be bent.

I just want an excellent quality, well fitting fitted hat with a fairly simple logo. The all black PA monogram Port hat we are getting (well, the Port Magpies are getting but oneclub and all that) should do the job provided it's easy enough to bend the brim slightly so I don't look like a gangsta

its all over the place, worst i have seen is in the Ringwood clubs almost every second bloke is wearing one with a stringer gym singlet.

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back