NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a dark day for AFL fans across the country.

As a baseball fan this shits me no end.
As a football fan I definitely feel your pain, Even thought I'm not as a big NBA, NHL or MLB fan as I am of the NFL it still kills me inside to see a Heat jersey paired with a Lakers flat cap.

Hey school kid douchebag, Care to name some players of you beloved Pittsburgh Steelers?

Now my dying inside will have to extend to seeing these cap but with Suns on it? Kill me now.

The official on field hats are the flat brim. A curved brim just needs to be set by the wearer. See Matt Kemp with the flat brim and Clayton Kershaw with the bent brim. Same hats, different look.

On to the AFL hats, I own about 8 59Fifty hats. All with a curved brim and no sticker. Im probably one of the few that is definitely going to get one, although I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a dodgy one. New Era only makes their hats in the u.s for the MLB, NBA and recently NFL. The newly started Australian Baseball League all use New Era hats made in china. I was one of the unlucky ones to get a dodgy Brisbane Bandits hat that is atleast 2 sizes small of what the size on the hat reads.

Even if you bend the brim of those caps it still doesn't look the same as the style of baseball cap I was talking about that come with a curved brim.

It's a similar style cap to this one, I bought it over 10 years ago so I'm not sure if they still make baseball caps in that style.

ff_601244_xl.jpg

Ohhhh the 39thirty hats. Yeah they still sell them, they are merely a supporter cap.

I don't care if they are supporter caps I still reckon they look and fit better than the flat brim caps. They have that older retro look too which I like but as I said they are hard to find in the sports stores here.

Finally. I have always hated the AFL caps because they have always been shallow and cheap. Can't stand any hat that isn't flexi-fit as well. I've been looking for a new cap for a while now and might wear one of these when I'm not even going to the footy!

Also, you can take the stickers off and shape the brim...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hate New Ear hats but I perfer the bent brim cap. The flat brimmed caps look weird on my head.

They look weird on EVERYBODYS head! :eek:

As a football fan I definitely feel your pain, Even thought I'm not as a big NBA, NHL or MLB fan as I am of the NFL it still kills me inside to see a Heat jersey paired with a Lakers flat cap.

Hey school kid douchebag, Care to name some players of you beloved Pittsburgh Steelers?

Now my dying inside will have to extend to seeing these cap but with Suns on it? Kill me now.
I feel the same its the worst with the Heat and the Lakers.
I bet three quaters of these people couldnt name 3 out of the five starters for either team.
Some probably dont even know the name on their back.

This is a good thing. If there is one thing that the AFL generally has been really poor at, it is making merchandise that appeals to the under 30 market. All that is offered are crappy polos and hats, usually littered with sponsor emblems which are completely out of touch with what is in fashion. This is a step in the right direction.

Also, being someone who only fits a size 8 New Era Fitted, I'm stoked I can wear a Hawks hat now (assuming they are going to produce 8s in these styles)

I once saw a kid wearing a Chicago Cubs cap, I say to him "Go Cubbies" he asks me "Who?"

People like that shit me no end.

I was sixteen, six years ago and it wasn't at all cool back then.
It's definitely a current thing. They weren't really in vogue until a year or two ago I don't think, but are pretty popular now. I don't blame the AFL in slightest for pursuing the market; if only they could catch onto things like this a bit quicker.

I reckon these will sell well - lot of teenagers having misgivings about wearing a cap representing a team they have no understanding of. Hence the stupid OBEY varieties. People will prefer something they can relate to, a la their favourite AFL team.

Also good for people with big heads, the regular caps produced by AFL teams, Cricket Australia etc. are pretty small on people like me.

Well Freo are happy. They can finally have a cap to replace the "Future Premiers" cap they had to make because they had no premierships :D

197823_10150454263675463_4985593_n.jpg
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH
Future Premiers
Can i add Future Prime Minsiter to my resume
or Future Brownlow medallist when i sign up for footy

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back