Next Coach Sacked - 2023 edition

Next coached sacked or forced to resign.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken to GC and Carr to head coach at Port pls
As someone who has witnessed my club doing it multiple times, sacking a successful coach due to him not being from your club to put in “one of our boys” is a terrible idea. Port were a basket case when Ken took over, and you’re in the running for a flag, having made multiple prelims while being one of the smaller clubs financially. He’s done well.

As someone who has witnessed my club doing it multiple times, sacking a successful coach due to him not being from your club to put in “one of our boys” is a terrible idea. Port were a basket case when Ken took over, and you’re in the running for a flag, having made multiple prelims while being one of the smaller clubs financially. He’s done well.
Nothing to do with him being 'one of the boys'. We're in the position we're in now precisely because we moved Hinkley out of the coaches box to play motivator while Carr handles tactics. The exact week our 13 win streak started after two consecutive horrible losses was the week Hinkley was moved out of the box.

I'd be fine enough keeping both, but that's unrealistic. Carr will be a senior coach somewhere in a matter of time. I'd rather it be at Port. Given the choice between losing Hinkley or losing Carr, I and 99% of the other Port fans on here would lose Hinkley.

Compare the pair:

Eagles won three flags with Victorian coaches.
Freo got Drum, Harvey and Connolly.

Dockers obviously go about it the wrong way.
Average span of a dockers coach is 5 season

- Neesham lasted 4 seasons.

-Drum 🥁 lasted 2 and a half seasons.

- Connolly lasted 5 and a half seasons from 2002 until mid 2007.

- Harvey lasted 4 and a half seasons from mid 2007 to late 2011.

- Ross Lyon lasted 8 seasons. So drums 2 seasons even outs Ross Lyons 8 seasons.

- Justin Longmuir isn't Victorian, but I think he will be gone at the end of 2024.

Funny thing is as a Carlton fan, you had guys like Dennis Pagan , Brett Ratten, Mick Malthouse, Brendan Bolton and David Teague.

Your team is barely better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to do with him being 'one of the boys'. We're in the position we're in now precisely because we moved Hinkley out of the coaches box to play motivator while Carr handles tactics. The exact week our 13 win streak started after two consecutive horrible losses was the week Hinkley was moved out of the box.

I'd be fine enough keeping both, but that's unrealistic. Carr will be a senior coach somewhere in a matter of time. I'd rather it be at Port. Given the choice between losing Hinkley or losing Carr, I and 99% of the other Port fans on here would lose Hinkley.
110%

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could Chris Scott be the coach of Freo in 2024/5
No. Looks like an extension is on the way.

Ken Hinkley and Chris Scott are the other coaches who have been linked to the Suns, but Hinkley appears likely to re-sign with Port Adelaide and Scott is contracted next season with the Cats.

A senior Geelong source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the Cats were confident Scott would extend his contract beyond 2024 and would not be a candidate for the vacant Suns’ job. The dual-premiership coach is known to be happy and is continuing to perform well in his role leading Geelong and his management is in discussions with the club to lock in a new deal. The Suns had not reached out to his manager Liam Pickering.

I remember elements of our supporter base making similar claims about how the Pies got better in 2010 and 2011 when Buckley took over opposition analysis and something else. Turns out Malthouse was able to get much more out of the players and it's likely that it will turn out similarly if Port sack a very popular (with the playing group) coach for an untried assistant.

I remember elements of our supporter base making similar claims about how the Pies got better in 2010 and 2011 when Buckley took over opposition analysis and something else. Turns out Malthouse was able to get much more out of the players and it's likely that it will turn out similarly if Port sack a very popular (with the playing group) coach for an untried assistant.
Mick Malthouse was a three time premiership coach, Ken Hinkley hasn't even made a Grand Final.

Back