Next Coach Sacked - 2023 edition

Next coached sacked or forced to resign.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with you there, the only thing is when he needed a break maybe he new something was happening then? Only time will tell I guess.

Possibly.

I thought he'd been tapped on the shoulder for Tassie and decided to get a headstart.

Take 18 months out of the game to get fresh and travel.
Join the Tassie group to start 2025 and put the VFL list together for 2026.
Oversee the VFL team in 2026/27 as 'Director of Football' or something.
Coach the team outright in the AFL in 2028 with the VFL coach as senior assistant and potential successor when Hardwick retires.
He could bring in Tassie boys in Nankervis and JRoo as assistants too.

That could all still happen BTW.

We speculate on Hardwick but there's a big group of Port fans that will tell you the Josh Carr takeover is already happening and that Ken will be 'poached' by the Suns to top off his super.

Possibly.

I thought he'd been tapped on the shoulder for Tassie and decided to get a headstart.

Take 18 months out of the game to get fresh and travel.
Join the Tassie group to start 2025 and put the VFL list together for 2026.
Oversee the VFL team in 2026/27 as 'Director of Football' or something.
Coach the team outright in the AFL in 2028 with the VFL coach as senior assistant and potential successor when Hardwick retires.
He could bring in Tassie boys in Nankervis and JRoo as assistants too.

That could all still happen BTW.

We speculate on Hardwick but there's a big group of Port fans that will tell you the Josh Carr takeover is already happening and that Ken will be 'poached' by the Suns to top off his super.
Could very well happen, Would be interesting to see who Tasmania's first coach is. I still believe Ken will be given a new deal, So Carr becomes available if he wants our job or the suns and is happy to relocate his family. Suns need an experienced coach I truely believe that my view anyhow.

I still think Simpson is likely to walk away.

Voss looks safe but a run of bad games would make it one to watch.

Freo the only other one.

If I was a Bulldogs fan I'd want Beveridge to leave but that is unlikely. They are wasting some good years.

I think if the Dogs did miss finals he might just get the sack.

All things considered, Longmuir has been the more disappointing coach given the talent in that squad

Fyfe falling off a cliff hasn't helped them.

There is a distinct of senior on field leadership. The likes of Serong and Brayshaw are just too young to be captain yet, so you can understand why they made Pearce captain, even if it seems like he not really up to the task .

Freo need to do what Brisbane did 5 years ago and bring in a Luke Hodge type for a couple of seasons to mentor their talented but still somewhat young and naive core young players on field.

Could very well happen, Would be interesting to see who Tasmania's first coach is. I still believe Ken will be given a new deal, So Carr becomes available if he wants our job or the suns and is happy to relocate his family. Suns need an experienced coach I truely believe that my view anyhow.
So who is in the running for the Tigers job?

McQualter
Mcveigh
Leppitsch
Carr

Who else?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo won't go for Dimma.
They prefer to hire wood ducks to coach them - they've had a few good ones too.

Very unlikely Freo sack Longmuir anyway after getting him into the finals last season.

The current trend of coaching departures seems to be it takes more than one bad season in charge (say 2 or more) for most coaches to be sacked, unless they are special cases like Mark Neeld or David Noble.

We are not like US Pro Sports or European Soccer Leagues where coaches/managers are.moved on every 3 minutes or so :)

The new soft cap rule (rightly or wrongly) makes it a lot harder for coaches to be sacked mid-contract at any rate.

Longmire is probably safe, but really I feel like he is almost first cab off the ranks in 2024.

Definitely in the twilight/final years of his tenure as Swans coach imo
Matthew Nicks will be under extreme pressure next year if we don't make finals this year.

he his the first coach in the history of the club to survive 3 years without finals and if it looks like 5yrs with no finals he will be sacked.

Matthew Nicks will be under extreme pressure next year if we don't make finals this year.

he his the first coach in the history of the club to survive 3 years without finals and if it looks like 5yrs with no finals he will be sacked.

I reckon you probably have improved enough this season for Nicks to get one more year (although if you fall away from here and don't win again this season he is probably in strife)

You have been very unlucky in a few games this year (@ GWS, vs Collingwood x 2)

Your midfield definitely needs bolstering via the National Draft and maybe trading, and Sloane, despite being a club great, is clearly cooked and needs to be tapped on the shoulder, like Matt Crouch has.

Overall I feel like he has done a very good job rebuilding your list (esp when you compare it to North Melbourne)

I reckon you probably have improved enough this season for Nicks to get one more year (although if you fall away from here and don't win again this season he is probably in strife)

You have been very unlucky in a few games this year (@ GWS, vs Collingwood x 2)

Your midfield definitely needs bolstering via the National Draft and maybe trading, and Sloane, despite being a club great, is clearly cooked and needs to be tapped on the shoulder, like Matt Crouch has.

Overall I feel like he has done a very good job rebuilding your list (esp when you compare it to North Melbourne)

Nicks will be the coach R1 next season but if we missed finals this year, it will be finals or bust.

No way mate. You guys are still very young and hes done a brilliant job i reckon. If you miss this year you'll be playing finals the next few years definitely

Could Chris Scott be the coach of Freo in 2024/5

Back