List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Also completely agree with Father sons not being eligible for Academies.
As long as the player has a choice which one he'd like to be in.

It's not really an issue unless there are two different clubs that potentially have the rights - one because of f/s and the other because of NGA. So that clubs don't waste too much of their development resources on a kid who elects to go into the other program he's eligible for, he might have to make his decision by say age 14 or 15.

As long as the player has a choice which one he'd like to be in.

It's not really an issue unless there are two different clubs that potentially have the rights - one because of f/s and the other because of NGA. So that clubs don't waste too much of their development resources on a kid who elects to go into the other program he's eligible for, he might have to make his decision by say age 14 or 15.
That’s the point. A father-son shouldn’t be eligible for an academy - ever.
The purpose of academies is for those at risk of being lost to other sports. If your dad played 100 games of afl, you ain’t likely to be playing another sport, and if you are, an academy isn’t going to make a difference if your family didn’t

That’s the point. A father-son shouldn’t be eligible for an academy - ever.
The purpose of academies is for those at risk of being lost to other sports. If your dad played 100 games of afl, you ain’t likely to be playing another sport, and if you are, an academy isn’t going to make a difference if your family didn’t
Something Dogs do is have their father sons in their overall Academy

Just meaning they will train with the NGA players to match up age in training

Last edited:
AFL Clubs provided some feedback on major issues to be fixed
A lot of it is covering the NGA

Overall clubs:
-The Crows are also challenging the academy systems, though they do not want academies to stretch as far as South Australia, as that would mean an unwelcome return to zones.
-
Brisbane would like to keep the points system for academy players the same, but is open to adjustments to the next generation academies.

-Blues are keen to have a next generation academy zone, which they initially declined when they were introduced. The city of Bendigo is firmly on the wishlist.

-the Pies are strong on the need to set a fair market price for academy, NGA and father-son players. They believe clubs still need to be encouraged to invest in NGA talent.

Dogs:
The Dogs are also strong on list management issues and, like Collingwood, are keen for the AFL to bed down a longer term strategy on academies, mid-season trading, concessions for Tasmania and list sizes.

I am glad that we're on the same page with Collingwood on this. Not much point developing a top tier kid and missing out on him because he gets taken after an arbitrary point in the draft. Norf are also right in that a F/S shouldn't be eligible to be taken as a NGA pick.

I am glad that we're on the same page with Collingwood on this. Not much point developing a top tier kid and missing out on him because he gets taken after an arbitrary point in the draft. Norf are also right in that a F/S shouldn't be eligible to be taken as a NGA pick.
Time to remove Kobe Williams from the list :'(:'(

From my understanding we will plan to match a bid for Craig Cooper-Peters if he picked in the national draft

Saad El-Hawli will either be a Cat B player or Footscray player
A long congrats to a former NGA Academy Player Saad El-Hawli for being taken by Bombers in the MSD

Speaking of NGA and Essendon, how is Lual doing there?
He's doing alright in the VFL
Currently avg 15 and 5 per game
Will def take two pre season for him to fill into that AFL winger role

Here are those that played in the Interleague over the weekend.

Jye Cockerwell- Under 15's Div 1
Jamal Hawli- Under 15's Div 1
Artisan Sairat- Under 15's Div 1
Thomas Sufi-Ismail- Under 15's Div 2
Logan Purcell- Under 14's Div 1
Michael Watts- Under 15's Div 1
Azaria Assefa- Under 15's Div 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid-Season update
2006 Age Bracket:
Robbie Cockerell- 185cm 12/06/2006 3 Games, 1 G 7.3 Disposals per game Western Jets
Deacon Fawcett: 187cm 27/01/2006 2 Games, 8 Disposals per game Western Jets
Seth Fawcett: 185cm-27/01/2006 2 Games, 6.5 Disposals per game Western Jets
Isaac Abbay: 190cm 17/12/2006 Playing Local Footy atm
Riely Collins: 176cm 26/03/2006 4 Games, 17 disposals per game Sandringham Dragons
Khalil Kaakour: 167cm 25/05/2006 3 games 1 Goal 7.7 Disposals per game Calder Cannons

In our zone but unable to connect to our Academy
Xavier Kardachi: 186cm 15/04/2006 7 Games, 22 Disposals per game Western Jets
Keighton Matofai-Forbes: 188cm 02/02/2006 6 Games, 11.3 Disposals per Game 8 Goals Western Jets
I was able to watch a bit of Riely Collins play

I reckon he has the goods to be in AFL but his height will be his downfall

Really clean with the footy and attacks the contest, similar way Caleb Daniel plays

I was able to watch a bit of Riely Collins play

I reckon he has the goods to be in AFL but his height will be his downfall

Really clean with the footy and attacks the contest, similar way Caleb Daniel plays

176cm isn’t that short, is it?

He will get drafted later due to his height, so would be worth developing.

176cm isn’t that short, is it?

He will get drafted later due to his height, so would be worth developing.
If hes quick enough
He can make it, i see AFL going back towards having shorter players

Esp with how umpiring ruling high and in the back frees

could get a good free kick merchant

Clubs are bracing for changes to the FS and NGA bidding system THIS year. Some believe the AFL will eradicate point values for picks over 40 as the starting point. Suns might have four academy picks next year including the No.1 selection

NextGen Unite had their first AFL Draft Combine with Rookie Me on the weekend

NextGen Unite is a South Sudanese Community group that will partake in the AFL Community Cup series later this year

The draft combine was aged between 13-23 years old

Bulldogs, Geelong and Essendon have a larger number of South Sudanese NGA participants so be interesting to see how NextGen Unite can co-exist with the current NGA system

All Nation vs Kickstart is today
The best Under 15's Multicultural and Indigenous Victorian kids

Kickstart:
Sonni Te Moananui
Anthony William Lovett Jr: Emg

All Nation:
Jamal Hawli
Mali Lual
Artisan Sairat
Mikey Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List