NFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list from 1-30 close to 100% signed up for 2019 & the remaining few I expect will sign on shortly.
I have to say that is impressive from the club. I can see why the club has gone from Div 2 to finals in Div 1 in a year. The club seems to be well run.

One question, what were the mistakes made (if any) as to why you think the club stumbled in 2016 and then succeeded in 2017?

I have to say that is impressive from the club. I can see why the club has gone from Div 2 to finals in Div 1 in a year. The club seems to be well run.
Having the some of the best local players in recent memory helps too.
(Not trying to be a smartarse btw, my club is aligned with NHFC)

I dare to say they are limited then by bringing in more than 1 or 2 new recruits from outside if they plan on keeping the bulk of the list together. They were on maximum points for most of year I believe.
After a quick look they had 9 blokes who played last week who weren’t 1 pointers. That means 9 guys who will lose a point next year.

Easily fit in Waite but certainly will be on the boarder again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see a scuffle north supporters fighting amongest themselves yesterday at the conclusion of the game

When was the last time Heidelberg was the only team on Beverley road and out of north and macleod to not make finals in seniors or rezzies?

Last edited:

One question, what were the mistakes made (if any) as to why you think the club stumbled in 2016 and then succeeded in 2017?
In 2016 totally different to 2017 side & we were not the real stand out team, for memory after R4 & after a seven goal loss at Hurstbridge we were 1-2 & sitting second bottom. A big second half of the year of course but the club was not ready for Div 1 & a another years in Div 2 allowed for more stability off field as new committee settled in, more sponsors & financially better off.

Wouldn't mind dropping this game if I was Mac, takes the heat off them as the red hot favourites and they get into the granny the long way. The week off has failed them the past 2 seasons.

Wouldn't mind dropping this game if I was Mac, takes the heat off them as the red hot favourites and they get into the granny the long way. The week off has failed them the past 2 seasons.

While you may be right that they would no longer be "red hot favourites", no way known it takes an pressure away from them, quite the opposite IMO

Any team with that mindset don’t deserve to win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back