NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

What a day for the Cougars, U/19's grabbed the the 1st Flag for the day with an emphatic victory over Boro,

But the best was yet to come when the seniors put on a clinic against Heidelberg. You could not see a better display of suburban footy, precise use of the ball all over the ground and non stop run and spread from the young cougars.
So much for the thoughts that Parks would tire after a gruelling month of finals footy, well done to Heater and all the coaching staff for bringing the side to their absolute best on GF day.
Not sure if it is much solace to Mont but they were the only side to really challenge NP this September!

I was thinking the same thing. Not so bad Mont lost to NP since they went on to win the flag from outside the top 3! Unbelievable effort

Club captain, former coach passes fitness test on Thursday. Obviously fitness test consisted of standing and rubbing tummy. Can't believe he would be picked at the expense of someone else. Couldn't move and Heidelberg played with 21 for the day. I understand he is a club legend but how could he possibly justify playing today!!!

An easy decision to make for you when you don't have to. Heidelberg lost to a very good team effort.

As I posted a page ago there was a photo of Lower's premiership and the page owner was referring to Lower as 'we'.

As for the game, Northcote Park were just too quick for Heidelberg. Played the wings very well and well deserved premiership winners.

I know there was a free kick paid to Northcote and therefore, this didn't count, but how funny was the Greensborough bloke in the 19s hitting the post in the goal square with not too much pressure? LOLs were to be had :D
Sorry, I meant a bit closer to home than that! There was a rumour going around at GF that it was someone from another div 1 club that has/had an association with Billings-Long(apparently no longer). As for photo of Lower and word "we", I think you'll find that was the author taking a bit of license with the photo's as he almost always used the words "we or I " in his captions.

Great effort by the cougars and what a fantastic run by Heidelberg,10 grand finals in a row.Watching the game yesterday I thought Julian Violato was a stand out all day but noticed he wasn't even named in Northcotes best.
N'Cote Park irresistible - as good an exhibition of run and spread as I have seen in local football. Foot skills outstanding and with their 19s getting the chocolates the immediate future looks bright indeed. Tiger's decade of excellence terminated in ruthless fashion.
Let the silly season and 2013 arms race commence.

The best team at the time when the flag is decided won the cup. Heatley had the team primed at the right time and they were able to execute better than any of the sides that they played. Very even side across the board with no reliance on any one or two players and their foot skills were superb all finals. The game was effectively over at 1/4 time when NP had withstood all that a 21 man heidelberg side could throw at them.

Yes.... Heidelberg have now lost 3 in a row....time to refreseh with some of those up and coming kids coming through the Reserves...oh hang on a minute.....there are none, or the U19's....oh hang on a minute, there are none....oh well, same formula next season. Add Brad Miller, keep paying overs for others, and run 15 man drills at training because that's all the turn up. They will be there abouts again.
As for Harvie playing....I hear he himself put a lot of pressure on the coaching panel....obviously no Presti like qualities there as he was clearly unfit and a liabilty, which was always going to be the case. Very different taking a lot of meds to get through a 10 minute fitness test than having to play a full 2 hours on a leg that needed a few months rest..and the bloke that missed out.....wouldnt he be feeling respected??

NP U19's were also a class above the comp so things looking good down at Bill Lawry. Well done to everyone involved at NPFC.

2 absolute 'hangers' taken by NP players deep in thero forward line in Q1 & Q2 as well on a perfect day for football would have been highlights in any game in Australia! You gotta love finals footy!

The best team at the time when the flag is decided won the cup. Heatley had the team primed at the right time and they were able to execute better than any of the sides that they played. Very even side across the board with no reliance on any one or two players and their foot skills were superb all finals. The game was effectively over at 1/4 time when NP had withstood all that a 21 man heidelberg side could throw at them.

Yes.... Heidelberg have now lost 3 in a row....time to refreseh with some of those up and coming kids coming through the Reserves...oh hang on a minute.....there are none, or the U19's....oh hang on a minute, there are none....oh well, same formula next season. Add Brad Miller, keep paying overs for others, and run 15 man drills at training because that's all the turn up. They will be there abouts again.
As for Harvie playing....I hear he himself put a lot of pressure on the coaching panel....obviously no Presti like qualities there as he was clearly unfit and a liabilty, which was always going to be the case. Very different taking a lot of meds to get through a 10 minute fitness test than having to play a full 2 hours on a leg that needed a few months rest..and the bloke that missed out.....wouldnt he be feeling respected??

NP U19's were also a class above the comp so things looking good down at Bill Lawry. Well done to everyone involved at NPFC.

2 absolute 'hangers' taken by NP players deep in thero forward line in Q1 & Q2 as well on a perfect day for football would have been highlights in any game in Australia! You gotta love finals footy!

Gee a mont bloke bagging Harvey. If you had a leader like him you may have broken that premiership drought...

Congratulations to Northcote Park, as mentioned by others a fantastic display on the big day. Quick, precise and very well drilled.

Gee a mont bloke bagging Harvey. If you had a leader like him you may have broken that premiership drought...

Congratulations to Northcote Park, as mentioned by others a fantastic display on the big day. Quick, precise and very well drilled.[/quote

Yeh and Mont don;t spend money???? at least Heidelberg have won flags, Harvey C/C of Parkside in 2013?? finish off his career in D3 like the Dock did.

Congratulation to Northcote that was an amazing effort to win it from fifth but we have been saying all season that this was the closest it has been for years. Four years, four different premiers. Great for the comp and great for footy.
next year, bag em all ya like but heidelberg will be there near the end, NP will no doubt build on this years success, Bundy will be around because they are consistent and Mont, I am seriously over them. The prez is on a witch hunt blaming everyone from the boot studder to some kids from greensy plaza. Grow up and stop ringing others with offensive, abusive phone calls when you have a win and you may be shown some respect.
Grow up and lets play footy!

Congratulation to Northcote that was an amazing effort to win it from fifth but we have been saying all season that this was the closest it has been for years. Four years, four different premiers. Great for the comp and great for footy.
next year, bag em all ya like but heidelberg will be there near the end, NP will no doubt build on this years success, Bundy will be around because they are consistent and Mont, I am seriously over them. The prez is on a witch hunt blaming everyone from the boot studder to some kids from greensy plaza. Grow up and stop ringing others with offensive, abusive phone calls when you have a win and you may be shown some respect.
Grow up and lets play footy!
The way I saw the weekend was simple. A traditional NFL team (that has been very successful over the last 10 years) ran into an A grade Ammo team. Thats what NP looked like to me. Smart clubs who adapt (such as Hberg's ability to reinvent) will deal with this over summer. As for next year, who knows. While NP appear to have it all before them, we all know what happens when teams start talking about "back to back". But for the moment, they were a pleasure to watch and deserve everything! Great effort.

The way I saw the weekend was simple. A traditional NFL team (that has been very successful over the last 10 years) ran into an A grade Ammo team. Thats what NP looked like to me. Smart clubs who adapt (such as Hberg's ability to reinvent) will deal with this over summer. As for next year, who knows. While NP appear to have it all before them, we all know what happens when teams start talking about "back to back". But for the moment, they were a pleasure to watch and deserve everything! Great effort.
Yes I also heard that Mont Prez is acting like a headless chook but find it hard to believe some of the accusations. Culture at footy clubs is always an interesting thing!

Yes I also heard that Mont Prez is acting like a headless chook but find it hard to believe some of the accusations. Culture at footy clubs is always an interesting thing!

It's officially Off Season, Who's coaching Lower, Who's going to coach Macleod, Who is greensy going sign with that big fat chequebook?

Hmmm, just got added on FB by (who I thought was the legitimate) Tony Topp, only for Mr. Topp to invite me to 'his' page 'Chokemorency' hmmmmmmmm. Someone, somewhere is going to be in a lot of trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Macleod are having a crack at Lindsay Gilbee
That was the rumour going around the Lower Plenty pub I think;) I have also heard that he's not interested in coaching. Lower still interviewing I think with about 5 known applicants and 2 more with AFL backgrounds. They are very thorough Lower, with help from the AFL Coaches Association in finding the successful candidate.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...ies-sparks-probe/story-fn53klh2-1226480881228

Interesting read.....

I am a Monty player who loves the club, all this talk of missing coin, players not being paid etc etc is a load of crap.

Very disappointed group with how our season ended, but it will make the club stronger for the years ahead.

Proud to be Mont!
Mate the amount of shit spoken on this site is insane. They will drag anyone down. Most of the posters are from shit house clubs dwindling at the bottom of div 1 for years.

People Volunteer at these clubs and give there time and money and people cant wait to shove knives in there back and spread un true bullshit.

Its just jealousy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...ies-sparks-probe/story-fn53klh2-1226480881228

Interesting read.....

I am a Monty player who loves the club, all this talk of missing coin, players not being paid etc etc is a load of crap.

Very disappointed group with how our season ended, but it will make the club stronger for the years ahead.

Proud to be Mont!
Very refreshing post mate. Good on ya for defending the club and good on ya for sticking with them. Personally I think the Presdient needs to learn about public relations though. The article draws more attention to the "war of words" going on against Mont within the NFL rather than it does to improve Mont's image.

While it may well be true that Mont are a good club and MAY learn to become a great one, the article shows Mont to be easily distracted and worried about side issues. The Prez should have said - no comment

The other issue that seems to be coming through in these pages since Monts departure from finals contention is - That they are building to be a super force for the future and look out anyone who gets in their way. I would have thought that the last team in the NFL who needs the added burden of self impossed pressure is Montmorency! You would struggle to find a single post on here where a person from another club would dare utter those types of threats. Its just dumb unfortunately IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back