NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports of Thornton being drafted by GWS. That will dent Montmorency's hopes
Heard the same myself. Good luck to him if he's found a pathway back into the top level. Mont will have to get back out there and find someone else to fil the spot intended for him.

Just another reason to hate Kurt Tippett.

Good to see Brett taking a pay cut to further his AFL career, hope it goes well for him.
I was told yesterday that Thornton would never have started with Mont anyway. Another Div 1 club had explained the "error in his ways". I was also told that Mont no longer interview players at Para Rd given the state of the oval! Any truth to that RR?

I was told yesterday that Thornton would never have started with Mont anyway. Another Div 1 club had explained the "error in his ways". I was also told that Mont no longer interview players at Para Rd given the state of the oval! Any truth to that RR?

Well the oval is in great condition at the moment and has been for the last 2 months so unless interviews started in August then I think that one is incorrect.

If BT was never going to start at Mont then signing a contract and his regular attendance at training was a bit of a waste.... and his acceptance of a job working with a club sponsor...... All indications had been that he'd landed at Mont and was staying. Doesn't seem to matter now anyway though does it as he will be playing with the big boys again.

Well the oval is in great condition at the moment and has been for the last 2 months so unless interviews started in August then I think that one is incorrect.

If BT was never going to start at Mont then signing a contract and his regular attendance at training was a bit of a waste.... and his acceptance of a job working with a club sponsor...... All indications had been that he'd landed at Mont and was staying. Doesn't seem to matter now anyway though does it as he will be playing with the big boys again.
No point the oval being in good condition between the months of August and May Pee Wee, bit of bad luck Mont missing out on a quality player but I am sure that a lot of Northern players will be smirking at the fact that he has left! Time will only tell if he actually is sorely missed the mont machine may not even need him!!!! MFC!

No point the oval being in good condition between the months of August and May Pee Wee.

Fair point. The club would have no doubt had a lot of discussions with the council about traffic on the oval and drainage etc.... and I hope something comes of it! Not holding my breath though. Better off hoping for a good winter I reckon as it held up ok in 2011.... and you have the wrong bloke KaosAgent.... I'm not Pee Wee! lol

Bit of bad luck Mont missing out on a quality player but I am sure that a lot of Northern players will be smirking at the fact that he has left! Time will only tell if he actually is sorely missed the mont machine may not even need him!!!! MFC!

Yes, it seems there's a lot with nothing better to do than enjoy any hurdles that Mont have to overcome. That's ok, there's a team/club like that in every comp that the other sides love to hate. Doesn't impact results and it at least makes for some spirited debate. Same thing happened down there last season when a guy that was 'signed' decided to go play on the Gold Coast instead at the last minute. Hopefully there's a few more irons in the fire and as someone said, a lot can happen between now and Feb 1 anyway.

Gents. Putting the strong rumour of BT being enticed to H'berg aside, my other point was the state of the ground for Div 1 football. Isnt there really two issues here?

1. The quality for the playing surface. Being cut into a hill is going to create huge drainage issues even if you spent millions building the right foundations. I know last season was a doozy for rain, but it wasnt the worst year we have had.

2. The size of the oval. It doesnt do Mont any favours playing football on a field that big 9 times a season and then having to play finals on fields much bigger. It isnt a good opportunity for Div 1 clubs to play their best, open footy on either

Councils are willing but only to a point. When major changes are required, they claim up like a fish's a***hole. I just wonder if Mont have tackled the quality as well as size of the oval with Council but also, is it physically possible to make the ground big enough to be a very good Div 1 oval?

Fair point. The club would have no doubt had a lot of discussions with the council about traffic on the oval and drainage etc.... and I hope something comes of it! Not holding my breath though. Better off hoping for a good winter I reckon as it held up ok in 2011.... and you have the wrong bloke KaosAgent.... I'm not Pee Wee! lol

Yes, it seems there's a lot with nothing better to do than enjoy any hurdles that Mont have to overcome. That's ok, there's a team/club like that in every comp that the other sides love to hate. Doesn't impact results and it at least makes for some spirited debate. Same thing happened down there last season when a guy that was 'signed' decided to go play on the Gold Coast instead at the last minute. Hopefully there's a few more irons in the fire and as someone said, a lot can happen between now and Feb 1 anyway.
Hey listen shags. I agree that Mont sometimes have unwarranted attention on these pages but please dont forget that the "us V them" mentality that exists right across all Div 1 clubs against Mont isnt soemthing that they all magically decided to agree upon. If you cant see that Mont have played a significant role in creating that level of angst amongst other clubs, then the issue will only get bigger and uglier. It might take a few "brave souls" internally to appreciate the reasons why people like to hate them but someone, at some point will have to address the things that make them a target. Calling themselves -The Mighty Mont Machine, arogant home crowds and spruiking early season success are just a few examples.....

Hey listen shags. I agree that Mont sometimes have unwarranted attention on these pages but please dont forget that the "us V them" mentality that exists right across all Div 1 clubs against Mont isnt soemthing that they all magically decided to agree upon. If you cant see that Mont have played a significant role in creating that level of angst amongst other clubs, then the issue will only get bigger and uglier. It might take a few "brave souls" internally to appreciate the reasons why people like to hate them but someone, at some point will have to address the things that make them a target. Calling themselves -The Mighty Mont Machine, arogant home crowds and spruiking early season success are just a few examples.....
Don't think you'll find any of the other Clubs complaining about the arrogant home crowds that become arrogant awy crowds coming to their grounds and spending their hard earned over the bar and canteen. Just as Mont don't about the Clubs who similarly respond. Probably the best Club supported at both home and away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taz to line up at Yulong alongside cloke and moorecroft Im hearing.Although big dollars thrown at him from the efl
Rumour mill was in overdrive over the weekend so we need some things cleared up before we all retire to the Christmas pudding!!
1. everyone is wasting their time training before xmas because Heidelberg have signed the following players
- Chris tarrant
- Cam Bruce
- Brad Green
- Dan Connors
- Brad Miller
- Kurt Tippet
Can someone from the bergers clear this up please....... Even though it would make everyone sleep a little easier knowing that Mont don't have the best side on paper.

Rumour mill was in overdrive over the weekend so we need some things cleared up before we all retire to the Christmas pudding!!
1. everyone is wasting their time training before xmas because Heidelberg have signed the following players
- Chris tarrant
- Cam Bruce
- Brad Green
- Dan Connors
- Brad Miller
- Kurt Tippet
Can someone from the bergers clear this up please....... Even though it would make everyone sleep a little easier knowing that Mont don't have the best side on paper.

And in a bold and unprecedented move (well Carlton tried to buy North but it didn't come off) in an attempt to lift themselves up the ladder quickly, GWS have purchased Heidelberg FC who will now be known as the Heidelberg Giants and play their Reserves (18yo draftees) in the NFL whilst the bulk of their list plays in the big time! Lol

Merry Xmas all!

And in a bold and unprecedented move (well Carlton tried to buy North but it didn't come off) in an attempt to lift themselves up the ladder quickly, GWS have purchased Heidelberg FC who will now be known as the Heidelberg Giants and play their Reserves (18yo draftees) in the NFL whilst the bulk of their list plays in the big time! Lol

Merry Xmas all!
Truth stranger than fiction come 2014.

- Chris tarrant
- Cam Bruce
- Brad Green
- Dan Connors
- Brad Miller
- Kurt Tippet
Committed to Aberfeldie apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back