NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex afl player Ricky Dyson will be at the bulls next year! Heard it here first.. Re uniting with a few school mates.. A mate of mate said he had heaps of vfl, country and metro offers as would be expected for a 27 year ok ex 100 game afl player but chose the bulls as he believes best chance for flag! Big year in div 1 coming up!

Ex afl player Ricky Dyson will be at the bulls next year! Heard it here first.. Re uniting with a few school mates.. A mate of mate said he had heaps of vfl, country and metro offers as would be expected for a 27 year ok ex 100 game afl player but chose the bulls as he believes best chance for flag! Big year in div 1 coming up!

yep im sure that was the deciding factor

Albury Border Mail reports Mont Prez playing hardball with Pettifer's release to Yarrawonga.
Understandably wants some recompense for early termination of Pettifer's current agreement at Para Rd.

yep im sure that was the deciding factor
Mr Cannons what are your Ladder predictions for 2013?
Montmorency
Northcote
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Greensborough
Daylight
Daylight
Lower
Eltham
Macleod
Epping
daylight
daylight
daylight
West Preston

What are your thoughts?

Mr Cannons what are your Ladder predictions for 2013?
Montmorency
Northcote
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Greensborough
Daylight
Daylight
Lower
Eltham
Macleod
Epping
daylight
daylight
daylight
West Preston

What are your thoughts?

Top 4 is a raffle between NP, Mont, Heide and Bundy and tbh I have no idea about the rest, new coaches to Greensy, Lower, Macleod and West Preston, could see them take time to adapt to new game styles etc.
Ive heard that greensy arent doing too well recruiting wise they will get bongetti back but i doubt that will rocket them up the ladder.
West have lost bardon back to Vermont I was told on the weekend and also rocca and possibly presti retiring will put them on the back foot a bit, Ive also heard that the feeling around the club isnt the best.
Epping picked up sheppard from lalor, handy but not a world beater.
Eltham obviosly lost varsamakis and I havent heard much from them recruiting wise.
Macleod and Lower have heard nothing.
It will also be interesting to see if NP can capture that amazing form again.
Now most of this is just rumors ive heard and im just passing them on, so no one crack the shittys with me please and just correct me if Im wrong.

But you asked for a ladder so I will do one for you.

Mont
Bundy
NP
Heidelberg
Eltham
West
Greens
Macleod
Lower
Epping

Top 4 is a raffle between NP, Mont, Heide and Bundy and tbh I have no idea about the rest, new coaches to Greensy, Lower, Macleod and West Preston, could see them take time to adapt to new game styles etc.
Ive heard that greensy arent doing too well recruiting wise they will get bongetti back but i doubt that will rocket them up the ladder.
West have lost bardon back to Vermont I was told on the weekend and also rocca and possibly presti retiring will put them on the back foot a bit, Ive also heard that the feeling around the club isnt the best.
Eltham obviosly lost varsamakis and I havent heard much from them recruiting wise.
Now most of this is just rumors ive heard and im just passing them on, so no one crack the shittys with me please and just correct me if Im wrong.

Mont
Bundy
NP
Heidelberg
Eltham
West
Greens
Macleod
Lower
Epping

I believe a few have come from West with Vinny D
Lost Mullins back to Gboro
Picked up D.Barden back from Perth

should be enough to stay in Div 1 and scare a few contenders

Mont
Bundy
NP
Heidelberg
Eltham
West
Greens
Macleod
Lower
Epping
Yeah I agree cannons top 4 is a raffle but with the team Mont has on paper they will def be the bench mark, can't really see anyone getting close to them to be honest.
West from what i have heard have lost the plot with up to 12 players walking out and I believe that this will hurt them massively, Vinny seems to have taken his pick of the crop with him to lower so lower should be better for it, let's just hope that the young lower boys are ready to be flogged and they don't tear up and leave at season's end.
Eltham from what I have heard need a drug counsellor as part of the medial staff (this may explain last seasons record sales in water at club functions)
Macleod will still have there young kids that always have a crack so it will be exciting to watch them this season.
Epping have recruited well enough to keep them in Div 1 they should provide a few upsets but I believe they will be inconsistent as most of their players were recruited last season for Div 2 footy not Div 1.
Heidelberg are always good and will smash sides
Northcote may not have the best individuals (except chewy and Violato) but they play the best as a team you can't buy this!
Greensborough have picked up Hyde but that won't help them from all reports they are struggling
Bundoora will be up there again and a new coach should revive the boys from all reports they have only just finished partying after hearing maylin wasn't coaching this season

Could be wrong but that's what I think from everything I have heard around the Valley in the off season!

Northcote Parks grand final gero Anthony Hogan and Daniel Rajab off to bayswater in the eastern football league with a couple of other northcote players not sure on names.

Yeah I agree cannons top 4 is a raffle but with the team Mont has on paper they will def be the bench mark, can't really see anyone getting close to them to be honest.
West from what i have heard have lost the plot with up to 12 players walking out and I believe that this will hurt them massively, Vinny seems to have taken his pick of the crop with him to lower so lower should be better for it, let's just hope that the young lower boys are ready to be flogged and they don't tear up and leave at season's end.
Eltham from what I have heard need a drug counsellor as part of the medial staff (this may explain last seasons record sales in water at club functions)
Macleod will still have there young kids that always have a crack so it will be exciting to watch them this season.
Epping have recruited well enough to keep them in Div 1 they should provide a few upsets but I believe they will be inconsistent as most of their players were recruited last season for Div 2 footy not Div 1.
Heidelberg are always good and will smash sides
Northcote may not have the best individuals (except chewy and Violato) but they play the best as a team you can't buy this!
Greensborough have picked up Hyde but that won't help them from all reports they are struggling
Bundoora will be up there again and a new coach should revive the boys from all reports they have only just finished partying after hearing maylin wasn't coaching this season

Could be wrong but that's what I think from everything I have heard around the Valley in the off season!

Violato is a hack and should hang up his boots :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most sides would turn over 4-6 senior players per season with recruits, retirements, kids coming through and those moving on to other clubs.

M.Vasilevski off to Lower with Vinny, may need to clean out his sports drawer at home can't fit all those jumpers in!!!!!.....can play all the same when he's not sniping from behind:eek:

Would have thought losing Hogan they would be a bit concerned watched him in the Grand final the kid can seriously play.

He is a big loss, but at the same time hes a halfback flanker which NP have a heap of, NP are confident that they have the players to cover him, you start worrying when you lose players like chewy and bronik the guys that are very difficult to replace.

He had a good GF but was far from a hero, he just had a good game just like the whole NP side did, BOG could've went to about 5 players.

Cougar faithfull playing down the loss of their Norm Smith medalist. Along with McNiece they have lost two integral members of their premiership backline. Quality defenders aren’t easy to replace either. They don't want to fall into that trap of not recruiting anyone after a flag like Heidelberg did in 05.

Violato is a hack and should hang up his boots :)
Violato is a jet!
Hogan took at least 200+ marks in the finals when Northcote needed him would have had min 25 possessions in all finals, he will be very hard to replace.
Mr Cannons stop sniffing glue

Going to be an interesting season. Monty look the goods. Bergers, bundy and cougars should all be up there. From all accounts sounds like West Preston have lost quite a few players and may struggle.

Eltham and Boro seem to be struggling in the recruiting department and lost quite a few quality players between them.

Ladder Prediction.

Montmorency
Heidelberg
Bundoora
Northcote Park
Macleod
Eltham
West Preston
Lower
Greensborough
Epping

Cougar faithfull playing down the loss of their Norm Smith medalist. Along with McNiece they have lost two integral members of their premiership backline. Quality defenders aren’t easy to replace either. They don't want to fall into that trap of not recruiting anyone after a flag like Heidelberg did in 05.

NP haven't fallen into that trap, they have recruited and recruited well.
Mcniece although very capable of it will have to crack into the seniors for Essendon VFL, they have no reserves so he could play quite a bit at NP considering all the AFL players that will have to be playing in the side before him.

NP haven't fallen into that trap, they have recruited and recruited well.
Mcniece although very capable of it will have to crack into the seniors for Essendon VFL, they have no reserves so he could play quite a bit at NP considering all the AFL players that will have to be playing in the side before him.
Following in the footsteps of scanlon possibly Mr Cannons? Do you think he is up to the VFL standard?

Following in the footsteps of scanlon possibly Mr Cannons? Do you think he is up to the VFL standard?

Yes I do, only thing against him is his size, its a massive step from NFL to VFL seniors, everyone in VFL is a gun with bigger stronger bodies that will be able to push him around, plus like i said before the players that dont get selected for Essendon AFL will be first picked in the VFL side, so he could play quite alot at NP.

Going to be an interesting season. Monty look the goods. Bergers, bundy and cougars should all be up there. From all accounts sounds like West Preston have lost quite a few players and may struggle.

Eltham and Boro seem to be struggling in the recruiting department and lost quite a few quality players between them.

Ladder Prediction.

Montmorency
Heidelberg
Bundoora
Northcote Park
Macleod
Eltham
West Preston
Lower
Greensborough
Epping
Lower Plenty will be a lot higher than this, the boys have been training as hard as ever and should make finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back