NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be great to get an improved HW & Kilmore. Have Kilmore lost anybody? Heard a few have packed up and left?

Mernda have been very quiet? How are they tracking under the new coach?

Going by the normal off season banter, Epping, Morang, Banyule & St Marys have all picked up handy recruits and gearing up for improved performances next season. Mernda do not seem to have been active on recruiting at all and not much banter coming from there? Maybe Power is happy with the group he has? But if he is, not sure where it will come from as they capitulated at the end of this year. I also hope to see HW, Kilmore & Resa be strong competitors throughout the season.
Big early call, but at this stage looks like only finals change in 2017 will be Banyule in for Watsy. ...

Can call be sorted if Barrett signes off, he'd rather 4 kids not play football, than play where they want (Banyule)

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with Heidelberg's decision to block the transfers, the players in question are grown men and not "kids". Banyule shares 50% of the responsibility for this whole situation given they knew an agreement was in place yet decided to pursue the Heidelberg players anyway. Banyule should not have made the agreement in the first place. It was a dumb move by that club's committee at the time

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with Heidelberg's decision to block the transfers, the players in question are grown men and not "kids". Banyule shares 50% of the responsibility for this whole situation given they knew an agreement was in place yet decided to pursue the Heidelberg players anyway. Banyule should not have made the agreement in the first place. It was a dumb move by that club's committee at the time

Taking that into account, doesn't the decision rest with the HB Pres/committee only? not the league?
Surley common sense prevails and they let them go?
Unless they are contracted of course.....

I think they the way banyule tried to sneak one under the guard would have only made matters worse. I don't know barret but most successful business have big ego's and don't like there pants being pulled down. The agreement is in place for a reason and banyule an take 3 player but not 6. It's a good rule, a smart rule by all clubs in the area and if the don't like it they should move back to the VAFA.. It's pretty simple really there were the rules agreed upon so you need to work within the boundaries. The young fellas need to suck it up and fight for a game or seek out another club.

Fair call, just seems silly to me for the those young blokes to go play somewhere they don't want to play, due to someone's 'ego'

We all know epping and South Morang are the teams to beat, banyule are always premiers in December but I do think st Mary's can take the next step, good club,well coached and have genuine talent

I can't understand how South Morang can openly admit on Facebook they have a significant debt yet it is well known they spend enormous money on players each year. Is this a sustainable way to operate?

Don't like going early but
St Mary's because of last post
Sth morang starting a long way back
Might not have the funds
But have a good core group
Epping Will keep sliding
Banyule Because they think they will
Mernda They will keep battling
Kilmore On the improve
Reser Proud club
Laurimar Should be competitive every
2nd week with thier
Super fools
H/west. Will have a crack

I can't understand how South Morang can openly admit on Facebook they have a significant debt yet it is well known they spend enormous money on players each year. Is this a sustainable way to operate?

We're not back on this topic of enormous money again surely ? I must admit though when I read that on Facebook I was a little complexed as to why that would be put on a public page

Hmm

From what I hear Morang will be fine , the rumoured big spending and so called debt issues have already been sorted by the new committee
upwards on onwards is what I hear
The crew that ran the club for the last 3 years have been moved on !!!!

The new regime led by an old friend of mine with a great track record of success at Morang have already put the club back in a great place and next season looks promising as they have recruited well.
The new senior president has implemented many new initiatives as well as securing several new sponsors , delivering what he promised.
Premierships don't come easy and divvy 3 is so close.

It all needs to fall into place at the right time for the ultimate prize.

Good luck to all in divvy 3 next year in what looks like shaping up to be another close and great season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm

From what I hear Morang will be fine , the rumoured big spending and so called debt issues have already been sorted by the new committee
upwards on onwards is what I hear
The crew that ran the club for the last 3 years have been moved on !!!!

The new regime led by an old friend of mine with a great track record of success at Morang have already put the club back in a great place and next season looks promising as they have recruited well.
The new senior president has implemented many new initiatives as well as securing several new sponsors , delivering what he promised.
Premierships don't come easy and divvy 3 is so close.

It all needs to fall into place at the right time for the ultimate prize.

Good luck to all in divvy 3 next year in what looks like shaping up to be another close and great season.

Well Moving Pic's, I have a few mates @ Morang & they are pleased that Deano & the other coaches are there this season. They also tell me it is all good, They say the same upwards and onwards as you mentioned. I feel they have a good draw & that will suit them.

Last edited:
From what I hear , Morang were in debt and now are clear and have funds. Big sponsors with a new committee..I heard the old committee stuffed it pretty well , the new president came in and him and the new committee have set things straight. Good luck to them if they have. I hear Laurimer has big numbers and st Mary's has picked up well.going to be a exciting season coming up.

Another over 30's signing for morang to add to the list. I'm sure he will do well if he gets into match condition.

Another over 30's signing for morang to add to the list. I'm sure he will do well if he gets into match condition.
Just a quick question about what seems to be dad's army (South Morang) is it the way to go recruiting blokes who most likely will not there if they win a premiership and go to division 2 ?

Well considering South Morang had over 11 under 19s play this season, and many more pushing through, I wouldn't call it dads army. I think they lacked maturity experience on the ground which they have made up for it now.
Big call.
St Mary's
South Morang
Top 2

Retirement village??? Clearly your not switched on and have no clue or idea about footy. All good. As for st Mary's, they will be the team to beat. I guess we will have to wait another year to see the outcomes. Looks to be a good comp

Retirement village??? Clearly your not switched on and have no clue or idea about footy. All good. As for st Mary's, they will be the team to beat. I guess we will have to wait another year to see the outcomes. Looks to be a good comp

Why are St Marys the team to beat?
Just made the finals and were bundled out by a tougher south Morang and haven't really added much recruiting wise.

Banyule on the other hand have got 3 a grade recruits - Gumbleton, yardwood and krousaratsis and throw in Barclay who didn't play last year and a much fitter giles who has been doing pre season with Essendon VFL and surely that's the. Eat lost on div 3 football

Why are St Marys the team to beat?
Just made the finals and were bundled out by a tougher south Morang and haven't really added much recruiting wise.

Banyule on the other hand have got 3 a grade recruits - Gumbleton, yardwood and krousaratsis and throw in Barclay who didn't play last year and a much fitter giles who has been doing pre season with Essendon VFL and surely that's the. Eat lost on div 3 football
Imagine if Banyule pick up the Heidelberg crew, all with Div 1 senior experience, for memory three dual reserves premiership players, will romp it in, to bad it aint gunna happen, pity.

Imagine if Banyule pick up the Heidelberg crew, all with Div 1 senior experience, for memory three dual reserves premiership players, will romp it in, to bad it aint gunna happen, pity.
It looks like they are going to have a Forward line which would be the envy of a lot of Divy 1 sides, if they can get the ball down there, then they will be hard to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back