NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Heidelberg reserves players who trying to get to another club will be playing at West.
Best to reserve judgement until they actually suit up. Isn't this the same group who tried to get to Banyule via the ammos? Are they now trying the same move but via West ?
Coulson the interesting one - ex Banyule junior who has played with the Northern Blues and Heidelberg - should be prominent in Divvy 3 wherever he ends up.

What's happening at west?

I hear big Lance Whitnall will be suiting up for laurimar this year?

The Big Banger .... he has recently had a bit of a tidy up on a knee, and the Cannons do have 9 of their 18 matches scheduled for Friday nights or Sundays so I hope one of them is against Kilmore so I can get along for a look ;)

I wouldn't have thought West Heidelberg would be trying to give opponent a leg up at te risk of upsetting another neighbour. Seems legit if they are contracted. Makes div 3 landscape change slightly. How has the rest of their recruiting gone? I know an earlier post questioned the quality suggesting they will fight for the spoon but I am aware of a couple names that are pretty handy that played against Epping a couple of years back.

Agree... they have picked up quite well im told and if this does happen with the Heidelberg blokes, I think they will improve out of sight. I'm not sure how the crazy bears will feel about this as they were talking like all of them were locked up and ready to play with them. I'm sure the tension between Heidelberg and Banyule will be interesting to watch from here on in.

Agree... they have picked up quite well im told and if this does happen with the Heidelberg blokes, I think they will improve out of sight. I'm not sure how the crazy bears will feel about this as they were talking like all of them were locked up and ready to play with them. I'm sure the tension between Heidelberg and Banyule will be interesting to watch from here on in.

Negligence on Banyules behalf to agree to something like this in the first place, they aren't hard done by here they are at fault. Whether or not people think the deal in place is fair for the players involved (it's not) or not they were the ones who agreed to it in the first place. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Negligence on Banyules behalf to agree to something like this in the first place, they aren't hard done by here they are at fault. Whether or not people think the deal in place is fair for the players involved (it's not) or not they were the ones who agreed to it in the first place. Simple as that.

100% agree and from the stories around the comp, the rule is in place due to some shady dealings on the bears behalf in trying to poach Heidelberg players. But like I said, unless directly involved it's generally hearsay, but bad business to agree to such restrictions regardless if fair or not.

Is that Heid West best player put in a clearance to Bundoora? Is this the start or did Heid agree to it after hearing a rumour that there may not be Heid West in 2017 therefore the players after being cleared Across the road will then get to the bears?

What language are you speaking in? South Morangian?
Not sure what Southy have to do with it but from all the above posts and previous posts it says that Banyule had them locked in and they weretrying to find a loophole as in VAFA or whatever to get them there. If you really need to know I am close to people at 3 clubs on plenty rd but NOT involved in any just to clarify.

An agreement was put in place between Heidelberg, Heidelberg West and Banyule that in the first 3 yrs of Banyule entering the NFL that only 3 players per year could transfer between teams during this time.

After this year the agreement ceases to exist. All Heidelberg players will be playing at Heidelberg West and no loopholes can or will be exposed in order to let them go to Banyule in 2017.

The only way they could have gone to Banyule was if Heidelberg granted it, which they have not done and have every right to do so.

Players and Clubs have been told and the situation is now final.

An agreement was put in place between Heidelberg, Heidelberg West and Banyule that in the first 3 yrs of Banyule entering the NFL that only 3 players per year could transfer between teams during this time.

After this year the agreement ceases to exist. All Heidelberg players will be playing at Heidelberg West and no loopholes can or will be exposed in order to let them go to Banyule in 2017.

The only way they could have gone to Banyule was if Heidelberg granted it, which they have not done and have every right to do so.

Players and Clubs have been told and the situation is now final.
Glad you have clarified this....More to the point if this ceases to exist, the only way a club can deny a clearance is if they are unfinancial..My question is. Why not to Banyule and 3+ to Heidelberg West? You say an agreement between the 3 clubs. Thats more than 3 a year if this is in fact still in place, to be honest it seems as though they just wont deal with Banyule. All the best to all.

The Heidelberg boys finally got the price they were after. Shopped themselves around after Trev told them he would clear them anywhere but Banyule. With 3 of them being Banyule juniors do you think they will head to the cave in 2018?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Heidelberg boys finally got the price they were after. Shopped themselves around after Trev told them he would clear them anywhere but Banyule. With 3 of them being Banyule juniors do you think they will head to the cave in 2018?
I guess from reading the above comments banyules amateur management and unprofessionalism may leave the Westy boys to reap the benefits, how embarrassing. Good on them IMO they need some luck.

good luck west i hope these new recruits enjoy their year at west and hang around for a few years, the hard working people at west need some luck like this and deserve some success

Last edited:
Funnily enough there were over 65 guys at training and 95 pcent of them were under 25. It's going to be a good year down at the lions den, for the morons boasting about the older recruits, tonight's new recruit was Billy Samie 19 year old ...same story every year, morons making up stories to fel better about there own side being shit...oh well, let's get the year started already , let the action on the field do its talking

It's great that Sth morang have 65 on the track and that they are recruiting young blokes but let's make no mistake thier season doesn't start till the last round,they just don't fire at the business end,so before you go early you might have to just wait

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back