NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Panton hill throwing some huge coin around. Throughout the season this year they were at 42-43 points. How can a team so close to the points limit bring in so many high point players. Do they plan on playing some in reserves to win a rezzies premiership?
Spent 85k last year to relegated. Salary cap at a 100k. Might be time for the NFL to have a sniff around the books

Panton hill throwing some huge coin around. Throughout the season this year they were at 42-43 points. How can a team so close to the points limit bring in so many high point players. Do they plan on playing some in reserves to win a rezzies premiership?[/QUOTE
it's known that the salary cap in the NFL is more a myth than the lockness monster. Speculation that 5 clubs including a premiership team were way over. Swept under the rug.

Last edited:
i found out over the weekend from a committee member that epping has lost 6 player Sullivan, widdicomba, willitts, ozusen,dunmore and as we know robertson very big losses for them as they have not signed anyone yet

i found out over the weekend from a committee member that epping has lost 6 player Sullivan, widdicomba, willitts, ozusen,dunmore and as we know robertson very big losses for them as they have not signed anyone yet

Like most things on this forum I'll believe it when I see it lodged on the clearances. Willits and gives big losses if true

G

Unless you are willing to name, names. Give it a rest champ.
Read the quote, clearly stated it was speculation. Anyway why so defensive?

The point is how many clubs have gifted jobs to big name players who have signed on at the club? Surely the generous pay packets the players receive as apprentices etc. should come under scrutiny? Especially if the employer is a known club sponsor/contributor! The salary cap is a waste of time and should just be wiped and the points system be the sole equalisation measure!!!

Read the quote, clearly stated it was speculation. Anyway why so defensive?

The point is how many clubs have gifted jobs to big name players who have signed on at the club? Surely the generous pay packets the players receive as apprentices etc. should come under scrutiny? Especially if the employer is a known club sponsor/contributor! The salary cap is a waste of time and should just be wiped and the points system be the sole equalisation measure!!!

IMO the salary cap is absolute garbage. Impossible to enforce and police and to have such a huge difference between Divisions also means technically it's much more difficult for Division 2 and 3 teams to attract better players.

Scrap the cap. Keep the points system as there is no way to cheat it and it's simple to enforce. If a club want's to spend hundreds of thousands on players but can still stay under 45 points each week, let them do it.

Huge rumours coming out of St Mary's that home-grown young talent J.Dupont may be taking a year off footy to follow his dream as the first Asian Michelin Man. Congratulations young chap.

Panton hill throwing some huge coin around. Throughout the season this year they were at 42-43 points. How can a team so close to the points limit bring in so many high point players. Do they plan on playing some in reserves to win a rezzies premiership?

Easily presuming they keep the same playing list as last year 10 or 12 players will cost 1 less point for playing a second year at the club, then if a player who is 4 points replaces a player who is 1 point then it's only adding 3 points to the club's total so those 4 players at most would cost the club 10 points to they're total which has them back at the same as last year

85k last year, add in Boyden, Ryan, Ericson, Pritchard and co without the loss of many big dollar players, would be delusional to think they are staying under 100k

Again the drop in division helps them here so 85k over 18 games roughly 4700 a game but div 3 has only 16 games so they free up 9.5k in salary cap space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again the drop in division helps them here so 85k over 18 games roughly 4700 a game but div 3 has only 16 games so they free up 9.5k in salary cap space
So you saying Ryan boyden duckworth ericcson Pritchard and co are playing for a combined $1500 per game - I reckon Ryan and boyden would cover that and then some. Good gets however

Unless you have sighted the books, and sat in on the meetings with prospective players, it's impossible for anyone on here to determine how much a club spends, there are a lot of extras that come into play. Chance to play with close mates, reunite with old premiership teammates at a lower level, work opportunities.. As Rusted Nuts said good gets and good on Panton Hill on being proactive in their recruiting. I just don't think clubs would be willing to take the risk with the penalty's so great.

West seemed to have recruited a handful of at best reserves players from North and Mont. Worked OK last year with their recruiting but I don't exactly think it's a great plan moving forward.

Unless you have sighted the books, and sat in on the meetings with prospective players, it's impossible for anyone on here to determine how much a club spends, there are a lot of extras that come into play. Chance to play with close mates, reunite with old premiership teammates at a lower level, work opportunities.. As Rusted Nuts said good gets and good on Panton Hill on being proactive in their recruiting. I just don't think clubs would be willing to take the risk with the penalty's so great.

West seemed to have recruited a handful of at best reserves players from North and Mont. Worked OK last year with their recruiting but I don't exactly think it's a great plan moving forward.

My point is should the salary cap just be scrapped? Is there any evidence to suggest it has worked? The strong team are still strong on field and the poor teams are still poor off field? Maybe a greater sample size in 5-10 years may suggest different.

My point is should the salary cap just be scrapped? Is there any evidence to suggest it has worked? The strong team are still strong on field and the poor teams are still poor off field? Maybe a greater sample size in 5-10 years may suggest different.
I agree, I was more or less putting in my 2 cents for the whole "Panton Hill will be over" discussion and merely agreed with you that their recruits are good gets.

Who would you say are at best reserves players? Dan Bailey and Matt Reinke returning, Sean Kelly should be handy and the other few so far have all had senior experience.
You’ll find that a good amount of players cleared to west so far have shown interest in coming to the club and bringing down mates rather then completely recruiting players to come down.
West now is on its way to being a destination club rather then being a club that begs for players which is great to see.

Who would you say are at best reserves players? Dan Bailey and Matt Reinke returning, Sean Kelly should be handy and the other few so far have all had senior experience.
You’ll find that a good amount of players cleared to west so far have shown interest in coming to the club and bringing down mates rather then completely recruiting players to come down.
West now is on its way to being a destination club rather then being a club that begs for players which is great to see.
All. My opinion based is based on the stats. Times in best, goals, amount of games played in reserves teams, amount of games in the seniors (some of which happened 4-8 years ago). Based on those stats, those players are reserves players at best from their clubs they have been recruited from. Exception is the young fella from Lower Plenty. Just my opinion.

So you saying Ryan boyden duckworth ericcson Pritchard and co are playing for a combined $1500 per game - I reckon Ryan and boyden would cover that and then some. Good gets however

Nope but they lost T.Blake who won their bnf the year before and again they at least free up another 400-500 from the 4 or 5 base players they replace I just think they could get under 100k if they play 2 less games a year.

I've changed my stance and am happy to make them flag favourites though looking at the recruits coming in

Nope but they lost T.Blake who won their bnf the year before and again they at least free up another 400-500 from the 4 or 5 base players they replace I just think they could get under 100k if they play 2 less games a year.

I've changed my stance and am happy to make them flag favourites though looking at the recruits coming in
Panton Hill and St.Marys top 2 and then 2 of Heidelberg west, Kilmore, South Morang to round out the 4.
thats easy to if you also
Look at stats west we’re missing 2 out 3 of their best players against the top 4 sides
Last year adding what they are so far picked definitely wouldn’t be too far off a top 3 finish

Panton Hill and St.Marys top 2 and then 2 of Heidelberg west, Kilmore, South Morang to round out the 4.
Early predictions, almost impossible but I don't see a lot changing.

Hillers, early favourites based on recruiting but won't get all that easy, lost to both teams from Beverley rd in praccy matches last year

St marys interesting to see how St Marys go after 3 or 4 years with Borg and now learning a different game plan, have they made any list changes

Possibly South Morang, a couple of important players leaving hurts but have depth and youth if they can sort out shambles of a committee

Throw a blanket over Epping Mernda and west.

West recruiting 14 players last year and looking like bringing in another 10 or so should see some improvement although this may cause a rift between players as long time servants or recruits from last year could be pushed out of the side. Some would say it's good to have competition for spots but this same situation is what handed them the 6 boys from across the road. Anyone know if they are losing anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back