NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

News from the Watsonia camp.
"Congratulations and Welcome to Lochy Dornauf, 2013 WSC Senior Coach. Lochy will also be playing for Watsonia. Lochy brings to Watsonia leadership and enthuisiasm. In 2012 Lochy played for and captained Heathcote FC winning their 2012 B&F.
In 2011 Lochy also won the B&F playing with Latrobe University F.C. Lachy grew up in Tasmania, helping run his family's Dairy farm. "Im looking forward to coaching Watsonia and being part of the move forward, Preseason training commences Mid November it will be disciplined as we build towards the 2013 season."

News from the Watsonia camp.
"Congratulations and Welcome to Lochy Dornauf, 2013 WSC Senior Coach. Lochy will also be playing for Watsonia. Lochy brings to Watsonia leadership and enthuisiasm. In 2012 Lochy played for and captained Heathcote FC winning their 2012 B&F.
In 2011 Lochy also won the B&F playing with Latrobe University F.C. Lachy grew up in Tasmania, helping run his family's Dairy farm. "Im looking forward to coaching Watsonia and being part of the move forward, Preseason training commences Mid November it will be disciplined as we build towards the 2013 season."
heartless- u made the mass exodus statement from Watsonia every year players leave clubs care to elaborate on those leaving and reasons why

all just rumours at this stage. it would be rude of me to annouce on a public forum what i have been told before the clearence stage has started.

Heidelberg West has confirmed the appointment of Derek Shaw as senior coach.

Shaw comes with a distinguished background as both a player and coach and will provide great experience for the young Hawks list who showed plenty of promise in the second half of the 2012 season.
The former Collingwood ruckman played 47 games at VFL level before a successful career at Greensborough where he won consecutive best and fairest awards in 1991 and 1992.
He later coached Reservoir, Greensborough and Macleod before spending the past two seasons at Essendon District Football League side Northern Saints.
A meet the coach day is being organised and will be advised shortly.

Shaw comes with a distinguished background as both a player and coach and will provide great experience for the young Hawks list who showed plenty of promise in the second half of the 2012 season.
The former Collingwood ruckman played 47 games at VFL level before a successful career at Greensborough where he won consecutive best and fairest awards in 1991 and 1992.
He later coached Reservoir, Greensborough and Macleod before spending the past two seasons at Essendon District Football League side Northern Saints.

Good get by West. I hear a least one from Macleod is following. A full forward who is often played out of postion has been sniffed out. Will see if he leaves.....

all just rumours at this stage. it would be rude of me to annouce on a public forum what i have been told before the clearence stage has started.
I doubt they have too much to worry about. The coach and assistant have already attracted a few handy players(some new, some returning) and there may well be more. Plus the coach himself isn't too shabby on the park. As long as most of the regular senior players hang around they should be in for at least a better year than the last.

I doubt they have too much to worry about. The coach and assistant have already attracted a few handy players(some new, some returning) and there may well be more. Plus the coach himself isn't too shabby on the park. As long as most of the regular senior players hang around they should be in for at least a better year than the last.
Thats what I hear every year. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the recruiting is up and going at the Hill.... Rumour is that they have signed a couple from Lower with a couple from the berg heading up the Hill with Doc and Shane.....

Any recruits elsewhere?

Didnt do you any good last season...............

well aren't you a positive bloke...... Unleash your fury Hurricane....

wow big deal we lost the GF to a team that deserved the flag the way they went about.... Someone has to get beaten and it was our turn... I know Willo and as I said to him after the GF .... They showed us where we have to be.....

well aren't you a positive bloke...... Unleash your fury Hurricane....

wow big deal we lost the GF to a team that deserved the flag the way they went about.... Someone has to get beaten and it was our turn... I know Willo and as I said to him after the GF .... They showed us where we have to be.....
And as I have posted before, Rezza will come up before you blokes. You have been to reliant on 1 player [Byron ] to get your goals. Take away his 100'ish goals and you blokes are mugs. Make your forward line more open spread, get your defence working harder, hey, you might prove me wrong. Good luck in 2013.
You blokes did put your hand up in 2012 so I'm not bagging youse too bad.

Looks like the recruiting is up and going at the Hill.... Rumour is that they have signed a couple from Lower with a couple from the berg heading up the Hill with Doc and Shane.....

Any recruits elsewhere?
Nathan Hendry probably the pick there! Good kid who originally came from Panton Hill. Will be playing well below his level but no dramas from Lower, goes with the blessings of the club and more than welcome back should he wish down the track.

Alot of movement from Thomastown, signing a ruckman from another league, David Folino who played for collingwood reserves and at the panthers, G Holmes who played a couple of games for Lalor 1s and A Carmisciano from Bundoora.
Div 3 big pick ups don't think they needed to go all out like that but good luck to them.

Alot of movement from Thomastown, signing a ruckman from another league, David Folino who played for collingwood reserves and at the panthers, G Holmes who played a couple of games for Lalor 1s and A Carmisciano from Bundoora.
Div 3 big pick ups don't think they needed to go all out like that but good luck to them.
Carmisciano, gee he is desperate for dollars. Always been a selfish player, all the way back to his junior career at St Damians. As I said in a previous post, T'town will have to recruit heavily to get themselves back into a higher div.

Doubt your mail on Carmisciano. Based on his pay packet from Bundoora, his asking price would be a bit too high for any Div 3 club I would have thought. The others sound more likely.

As an old West boy this is very heartening. I think there is a mountain to climb as far as player quality and depth is concerned but Dekka could certainly turn things around. With H'berg 100 metres away, Banyule 200 metres away and Macleod up the road, its hard to see things changing quickly but good luck to them. They could do with a little good fortune. Getting U 19's up and running this season was a great sign of intent and willingness to imrpove as well. From the games Ive seen in recent years, they have been down for so long, they sometimes accept and loosing culture and almost anticipate getting beaten. Hopefully Dekka can change that because thats the first thing he will have to adjust I reckon!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back