NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge match. Doesn’t guarantee top 3 by any means but goes a long way to making it. Mont have a few easier games coming up with Macleod, Boro, WP so if they win this they should be ok.

IMO Mont are the only side that can challenge the burgs as they just seem to match up well against them compared to other sides. Can they beat them at Preston? History says no… but you never know.

I also think it won't lock in top 3 just yet, such a close season outside of the bergs on top.

But it does give Mont a good chance with Macleod, Greensy and West remaining.

The upcoming Greensy v Hursty R16 is another big game, although Hursty have bergers last round. Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

E-Town...the sleeping giants.
(Admittedly, it's been a really long sleep)
Their off season recruitment will be a good watch. Assuming they stay up the top division which I think they will.

Eltham… the issue is salary cap and do they have the ability to pay 300k like other clubs if their willing to ignore it.
They only need to be competitive and establish themselves as aregularvDiv 1 club. There is no premiership window for any other club except the Bergs so Panthers plan will be to consolidate in Div 1 over the next few seasons, they have one of the best pipelines in the league, they don’t need big names, and I believe enough dollars to recruit some decent players. It’s a watch this space I think.

Does the winner of mont v north have one hand on the double chance? All things equal should be a quality game. likely Fiery too.

Curious to see if Borough can topple anyone in the top 6 on the way home to pinch a finals spot.
GB should knock off the bridges. they're 2-5 in their last 7 with the 2 coming against west preston and eltham. and the 5 includes a 100 point loss to heidelberg and a loss to bundoora. Bridges are my tip to miss the finals from the top 6 logjam

GB should knock off the bridges. they're 2-5 in their last 7 with the 2 coming against west preston and eltham. and the 5 includes a 100 point loss to heidelberg and a loss to bundoora. Bridges are my tip to miss the finals from the top 6 logjam
Gee that would be very disappointing for the bridges who looked a lock at stages

They only need to be competitive and establish themselves as aregularvDiv 1 club. There is no premiership window for any other club except the Bergs so Panthers plan will be to consolidate in Div 1 over the next few seasons, they have one of the best pipelines in the league, they don’t need big names, and I believe enough dollars to recruit some decent players. It’s a watch this space I think.
They’ve had the pipeline for years. What will be different this time around?

They’ve had the pipeline for years. What will be different this time around?
They are back in Divvy 1. It’s a good start to consolidate the club back in the top division with their own home grown junior base. They will have a few signings targeted as well. As I said, they not trying to win it, they just want to consolidate their divvy 1 status.

They are back in Divvy 1. It’s a good start to consolidate the club back in the top division with their own home grown junior base. They will have a few signings targeted as well. As I said, they not trying to win it, they just want to consolidate their divvy 1 status.
Yes, they have a good coach who they have locked in. Strong reserves, 19's and juniors & flexibility with points.
They only need to add a couple of players next year to be mid table you would think.

An underachieving club in Metro footy by a mile. The amount of quality kids from their U19s over the last decade, where are they now & took six years to get our of Div2,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did the current Macleod coach not apply for 2025 season or was he overlooked?
How does it affect the last few weeks as they try and fight off relegation?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back