NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Stefan Uzelaz has come in for Brodie jones

Patrick Fitzgerald is playing reserves

Unfortunate for Jones and doita to miss out on senior selection, hopefully for their sake they can still celebrate with a medal around their neck

I wonder if the NFNL officials are cluey enough to commit an image of his noggin or the sound of his voice to their memory in case they see him at the game on the weekend ...

May have been a gun player, however, a very ordinary bloke. I have footage of a 10 year old nth supporter punching a diamond creek player. They beat Diamo 4-0 during season and when the heat was on lost.
Absolute peanut & the club doing it's own review & if need be individuals will cop it.

Tipping Montmorency to break the drought by 17 points

Mont will need to win through the midfield with Lentini (BOG) and Holmes leading the way. They will need a find away to pressure Bergs and defend the field on transition but if they can do that it’ll go a long way to stopping the bergs scoring with such ease and hopefully create a few turn over opportunities as well.

Don’t underestimate the hunger factor either. To see Mont’s leaders sign on pre finals shows the faith they have and desire to achieve success. Bergs have won 2 in a row will they have same hunger?

Who really knows. But let’s hope it’s a good game!

Mont will need to win through the midfield with Lentini (BOG) and Holmes leading the way. They will need a find away to pressure Bergs and defend the field on transition but if they can do that it’ll go a long way to stopping the bergs scoring with such ease and hopefully create a few turn over opportunities as well.

Don’t underestimate the hunger factor either. To see Mont’s leaders sign on pre finals shows the faith they have and desire to achieve success. Bergs have won 2 in a row will they have same hunger?

Heidelberg by 6 goals. Wilson BOG

So hard to go against Heidelberg, I think they will win by 3 goals.
Mont definitely can trouble them and would not surprise me if they do win I just think they lack firepower up forward.

Bergs by 29.

There’s not a chance in hell a Dattoli coached side won’t be hungry.

Stefan Uzelaz has come in for Brodie jones

Patrick Fitzgerald is playing reserves

Unfortunate for Jones and doita to miss out on senior selection, hopefully for their sake they can still celebrate with a medal around their neck

Coaching is a tough gig. A kid that has played all year, think was junior captain and a club legend missing is huge calls, but GFs need huge calls.

Personally, not a huge fan, not that that matters. I am still local footy fan that likes the local part, watching blokes that have given everything all season play. The ability to bring in higher level players that played only a few games all year for finals is not for me. I know the end result is win I feel the soul is taken out when this happens.

I know there will be people totally disagree, but higher-level players (VFL, Knights etc) should be maybe a 6-game qualifier to play finals. That sounds too much but they are the ones that elect to play higher I fail to see why they can corrupt lower leagues finals.

However, my opinions won't change anything. Smarter people than me are happy with local footy having the ability to do this.

Can Mont finally bring back a flag? Most certainly. Said it previously I think they have matched up better against the Tigers over past few years better than any side. However, as we all know, they will need all to go well.

All season they have kicked 10 goals or more only 5 times against finals teams. Without their leading goalkicker and tall forwards not showing much recently they will rely on Holmes, Sleep or Paterson to get multiples. With the expected weather, this may very well happen.

It's very hard to tip against the might Burgers. Like em or hate em they are a well drilled machine, their planning for 2025 started months ago (know they have already had 'chats' with a few guns from other clubs which shows their vision and commitment to being on top) They will walk out confident and justifiably so. Mont will need to jump them or hold them early. Pretty simple they have to kick straight, and I reckon kick more than 10 goals.

If the Magpies get the win, I suggest Para Rd will close down for a week, hope for a close, ripping game, but if I have to tip (which I don't but will) I think a tigers win, margin is irrelevant.

Coaching is a tough gig. A kid that has played all year, think was junior captain and a club legend missing is huge calls, but GFs need huge calls.

Personally, not a huge fan, not that that matters. I am still local footy fan that likes the local part, watching blokes that have given everything all season play. The ability to bring in higher level players that played only a few games all year for finals is not for me. I know the end result is win I feel the soul is taken out when this happens.

I know there will be people totally disagree, but higher-level players (VFL, Knights etc) should be maybe a 6-game qualifier to play finals. That sounds too much but they are the ones that elect to play higher I fail to see why they can corrupt lower leagues finals.

However, my opinions won't change anything. Smarter people than me are happy with local footy having the ability to do this.

Can Mont finally bring back a flag? Most certainly. Said it previously I think they have matched up better against the Tigers over past few years better than any side. However, as we all know, they will need all to go well.

All season they have kicked 10 goals or more only 5 times against finals teams. Without their leading goalkicker and tall forwards not showing much recently they will rely on Holmes, Sleep or Paterson to get multiples. With the expected weather, this may very well happen.

It's very hard to tip against the might Burgers. Like em or hate em they are a well drilled machine, their planning for 2025 started months ago (know they have already had 'chats' with a few guns from other clubs which shows their vision and commitment to being on top) They will walk out confident and justifiably so. Mont will need to jump them or hold them early. Pretty simple they have to kick straight, and I reckon kick more than 10 goals.

If the Magpies get the win, I suggest Para Rd will close down for a week, hope for a close, ripping game, but if I have to tip (which I don't but will) I think a tigers win, margin is irrelevant.
Definitely should be 5 to 6 games to be eligible to play finals, but will never happen.

Definitely should be 5 to 6 games to be eligible to play finals, but will never happen.
VAFA rule works well. Old Trinity had failed to qualify one of their best players as they didn’t follow the rules.

5 games, with 2 being played after the 30th June or 8 games for the whole season.

It would be hard on players who play with the team all year but to be dropped for some blokes who only play 3 games. Especially if they have no association with club.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back