NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year Hammers name is brought up on Bigfooty. Fake news

Agree. Haven't heard much yet so I'd expect not many changes again for Macleod and will be thereabouts again. Ruckman a good get as he will be available come finals time with Coburg not expected to do much this year. Smart recruiting.

Agree. Haven't heard much yet so I'd expect not many changes again for Macleod and will be thereabouts again. Ruckman a good get as he will be available come finals time with Coburg not expected to do much this year. Smart recruiting.

Confirmed, everyone committed for 2019 with the exception of Jack Langford. Good depth with the 19's coming through. Interesting to see if we pick up anyone else, couldn't imagine we would be out there chasing anyone though.

Confirmed, everyone committed for 2019 with the exception of Jack Langford. Good depth with the 19's coming through. Interesting to see if we pick up anyone else, couldn't imagine we would be out there chasing anyone though.
Everyone year we hear players are leaving, players have committed, this team has picked up so many players. Until next Feb comes around and the clearances open again. We won’t know if all this is 100% true or not. A lot can happen over Christmas and new year unless new recruits have already been cleared and players who have committed have put pen to paper it all means nothing!

Paynters gone whoever your getting your info off down there is lying

According to Macleod FC facebook page, all senior players have recommitted , except for 1 which i assume is Langford.
Yes, an u19s player has switched over to thomastown.
Of you are going to say player x is going somewhere else, name the club otherwise STFU

According to Macleod FC facebook page, all senior players have recommitted , except for 1 which i assume is Langford.
Yes, an u19s player has switched over to thomastown.
Of you are going to say player x is going somewhere else, name the club otherwise STFU

Trying to get to Creek but under contract is my understanding

Heard Bundoora picked up another pretty handy player. I think hes from Footscray. Willat? Anyone confirm? Maybe they wont slip down the ladder as far as first thought!

Heard Bundoora picked up another pretty handy player. I think hes from Footscray. Willat? Anyone confirm? Maybe they wont slip down the ladder as far as first thought!
They should be getting a few back from long term injuries too. Forleattio and Slater. Cant see them slipping too far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Leader r.e the doggies. Lost Hunt full time but looks like they've recruited well to cover this.

Former Sydney academy member Jacob Sincock, ex-Coburg forward Nick Dodge and two-time Marong best and fairest Jarrod Fitzpatrick have put pen to paper on deals with the Bulldogs.

Northcote Park 2012 premiership player Nyaburu Kelly, who won the 2015 Central Murray league best and fairest, is also on his way to Shelley Reserve in a further boost to the Dogs’ midfield.
So at this stage the dogs are saying they have recruited Sincock, Dodge, Fitzpatrick, Kelly and now Jack Mapleson. And apparently more big signings to come. They are going to have a gun reserves side!

So at this stage the dogs are saying they have recruited Sincock, Dodge, Fitzpatrick, Kelly and now Jack Mapleson. And apparently more big signings to come. They are going to have a gun reserves side!

They can't sustain a list of that quality beyond 12 months. To get them all within 45 points, there are going to be a few upset players kicking the dew.

If they were serious, they would be better off focusing on their Under 19's who consistently struggle in Division 2.

They can't sustain a list of that quality beyond 12 months. To get them all within 45 points, there are going to be a few upset players kicking the dew.

If they were serious, they would be better off focusing on their Under 19's who consistently struggle in Division 2.

Just like last year, they signed Conway, Gregory, Templeton and Nahas, yet it was only Hunt that played?

Don’t worry about what they do or how they do it, perhaps focus on your own back yard.

They have a few at VFL clubs I’m sure it won’t be an issue. That were training standards and culture buy become important, rather just playing be able to play good footy. You have to remember their 19’s are 3 pointers as well. If their good enough i imagine, I’m sure they play.

Just like last year, they signed Conway, Gregory, Templeton and Nahas, yet it was only Hunt that played?

Don’t worry about what they do or how they do it, perhaps focus on your own back yard.

They have a few at VFL clubs I’m sure it won’t be an issue. That were training standards and culture buy become important, rather just playing be able to play good footy. You have to remember their 19’s are 3 pointers as well. If their good enough i imagine, I’m sure they play.
So we cant mention other clubs now unless we support them? Dont see the issue with what underbelly or anyone said? All hes saying is it cant be sustainable if they have recruits and senior players playing reserves, they wont put up with it and will effect recruting down the track if they hear about it! All good trying to get a flag ASAP, but you also have to think 3-5 years down the track and where the club will be then!

Any reason hurstbridge felt compelled to post their agm online?

“Question: James Mccarthy – was it cloke blurring the figure

Craig: would have been a better year without him, but it’s a contribution and other things contributed”

Q Tracey: Have you had funds to pay for Cloke?

Craig: Yes between ifinance arrangement and funds in the club”

Gobsmacked this is online? I wonder which Cloke? Cameron played 5 games surely couldn’t have cost more that 10k? Or did Travis really play for the love of the game?

Any reason hurstbridge felt compelled to post their agm online?

“Question: James Mccarthy – was it cloke blurring the figure

Craig: would have been a better year without him, but it’s a contribution and other things contributed”

Q Tracey: Have you had funds to pay for Cloke?

Craig: Yes between ifinance arrangement and funds in the club”

Gobsmacked this is online? I wonder which Cloke? Cameron played 5 games surely couldn’t have cost more that 10k? Or did Travis really play for the love of the game?
I think it might be a long year down at Hurstbridge. Yes they did get Furlong, but have lost a few including Cloke. And if you say Cloke didnt help them you are dillusional. Simpson got a contract at Coburg and should play a fair bit of footbal there aswell. And when you are annoucing reserves players and 2 veterans as your resignings its not looking great. I feel for them because they have been very competetive since coming up. Hopefully they have some good young kids coming through, but wit no 19s this year, that makes it hard aswell! Good luck to them, i hope they surprise me!

So we cant mention other clubs now unless we support them? Dont see the issue with what underbelly or anyone said? All hes saying is it cant be sustainable if they have recruits and senior players playing reserves, they wont put up with it and will effect recruting down the track if they hear about it! All good trying to get a flag ASAP, but you also have to think 3-5 years down the track and where the club will be then!
There is a method to the recruiting & that is where possible attract young players to the club, the club needs to build its depth & if you have 30 players capable of playing senior footy come R1 that's better than 23 or 24. Let's also take in that 3 of the 2018 list are at Williamstown next season so the club may not see much of them so the need to recruit. Yes some players will move on through lack of opportunity but that is everywhere in Div 1 footy. Some of the new recruits are no walk up starts so it is a battle for places from player 15 onwards also we need to remember the club had next to no injuries in 2018 & will be hunted this year so that is the logic to improve the list. It is costing no more as its player for player on a similar pay scale simple as that.

On the matter of points I've mentioned previously on this forum the current club structure like North's with no direct juniors the club is fully aware of that & working hard with our junior clubs we are aligned with & there are encouraging signs with the 19s over last few years. Many have progressed into development & some have had a taste at senior level as evident by the mainly young senior team on field this year.

Can also assure you Roosterlife the club has a hard working & active committee working all year round with a focus on tomorrow not just today so there is a definite plan in place as you say the 3-5 year window & that is working on sustained success.

I might even invite you as a guest to one of our executive meetings this year & you can see for yourself whether we are planning for the future!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back