NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be some good mail because the pre seaosn draft has already been completed.

Would be terrible for NH and the league but a great result for Majak personally.
My apologise smartarse, I meant rookie listed. Which my Mistake, I thought meant had to be in a preseason draft!!

And not sure to many were concerned about him really! Yes big boy, but not a great footballer!!

My apologise smartarse, I meant rookie listed. Which my Mistake, I thought meant had to be in a preseason draft!!

And not sure to many were concerned about him really! Yes big boy, but not a great footballer!!

I understand you have some vendetta against Majak, but if AFL clubs think he is worthy of a spot on their list, then he is hardly "not a great footballer"

A massive blow for the league in terms of eyeballs on the top division if he departs.

As for your comment of "not sure many were concerned about him", go and survey every key defender from the other 9 teams in D1 and get their thoughts. Cant imagine many would be looking forward to their match up.

He would be unstoppable in the nfl.
Based on what?

I have no vendetta what so ever with Daw. I’ve seen many a big man and a lot better footballers come back from league football and do absolutely bugger all. So I don’t understand why we are quick to say he will be dominant and the best player in the competition.

Ridiculous talk for someone yet to play a game!!

Based on what?

I have no vendetta what so ever with Daw. I’ve seen many a big man and a lot better footballers come back from league football and do absolutely bugger all. So I don’t understand why we are quick to say he will be dominant and the best player in the competition.

Ridiculous talk for someone yet to play a game!!

Mate, just have a look at the bloke for one. Probably the best athlete in the AFL pre significant injury.

Also handy having Boomer and Shane putting it out in front of him. If he runs and jumps at it, it doesnt matter who is defending him.

He is literally the perfect recruit for the Harveys.

Anyway hes gone now, because Ben Browns knee is rooted so i expect Majak will play round 1 for Melbourne, as referenced in this article:

Mate, just have a look at the bloke for one. Probably the best athlete in the AFL pre significant injury.

Also handy having Boomer and Shane putting it out in front of him. If he runs and jumps at it, it doesnt matter who is defending him.

He is literally the perfect recruit for the Harveys.

Anyway hes gone now, because Ben Browns knee is rooted so i expect Majak will play round 1 for Melbourne, as referenced in this article:

Since when does a good athlete make you a good footballer?

All good and well to say you have players that can lace him out. Bit different footy then that in the NFNL. He’s a run and jump at the footy player. Will be interesting to see what happens teams don’t let him do that.

If I had a choice of all clubs recruits to take to West, it would be Sam Lloyd hands down!

Since when does a good athlete make you a good footballer?

All good and well to say you have players that can lace him out. Bit different footy then that in the NFNL. He’s a run and jump at the footy player. Will be interesting to see what happens teams don’t let him do that.

If I had a choice of all clubs recruits to take to West, it would be Sam Lloyd hands down!

Yes you dont rate Majak we get it🙄

Didn’t say that at all!! All I said was these comments about him dominating and being the best player in the comp are a bit premature!!

Anyway each to there own
Give us a reason as to why he wouldn’t? he’s got all the attributes to dominate in a lower competition, his athleticism alone would allow him to dominate.

Give us a reason as to why he wouldn’t? he’s got all the attributes to dominate in a lower competition, his athleticism alone would allow him to dominate.
In what world does an athlete mean they will be a superstar footballer??

I’m not saying he won’t be a good player. But I’m just going on what I’ve seen over the past 10 years. He’s been just an ordinary player. Until I see othwrwise, I’m not going to call him a star or say he will be dominant!

In what world does an athlete mean they will be a superstar footballer??

I’m not saying he won’t be a good player. But I’m just going on what I’ve seen over the past 10 years. He’s been just an ordinary player. Until I see othwrwise, I’m not going to call him a star or say he will be dominant!
Cmon man he’s an ordinary player at afl level in a shit team, he’s dropping down 2 or 3 levels below that.
Name 1 big man in the league that will keep up with him.
Athleticism takes you a long way in this league.
Give us your reason as to why he won’t dominate.
Cloke had a similar afl career, has less than half his athleticism, but he dominated because of the sheer size of him, you just can’t contain that for a long period of time.

Cmon man he’s an ordinary player at afl level in a sh*t team, he’s dropping down 2 or 3 levels below that.
Cloke had a similar afl career, has less than half his athleticism, but he dominated because of the sheer size of him, you just can’t contain that for a long period of time.

Don't underestimate the impact of understanding your craft. Cloke didn't have the athletic ability, but was much more skillful in his craft as a big body. Majak for all his athleticism, looks much rawer in his skill and craft. Not to say he wouldn't have a big impact, a body that big and with AFL experience will get great results, but I wouldn't put the same level of expectation as what Cloke was able to deliver over a long period in the NFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon man he’s an ordinary player at afl level in a sh*t team, he’s dropping down 2 or 3 levels below that.
I’m not saying he won’t be good for the third time!!!

But you still need a football brain. Once teams figured out that if he couldn’t run and jump at the football , he was pretty much useless.

For someone of his size he’s a terrible body on body player. I think your underestimating how good some of the team defences are in the competition and how much work teams put into opposition.
If you think hes just going to be able run and jump at every football and have 1 on 1 contests every time, your kidding yourself!!!

Don't underestimate the impact of understanding your craft. Cloke didn't have the athletic ability, but was much more skillful in his craft as a big body. Majak for all his athleticism, looks much rawer in his skill and craft. Not to say he wouldn't have a big impact, a body that big and with AFL experience will get great results, but I wouldn't put the same level of expectation as what Cloke was able to deliver over a long period in the NFL.
I’m not saying he won’t be good for the third time!!!

But you still need a football brain. Once teams figured out that if he couldn’t run and jump at the football , he was pretty much useless.

For someone of his size he’s a terrible body on body player. I think your underestimating how good some of the team defences are in the competition and how much work teams put into opposition.
If you think hes just going to be able run and jump at every football and have 1 on 1 contests every time, your kidding yourself!!!
Mate if you think teams are going to be able to shut him down by simply not letting him run and jump at it you’re kidding yourself. I’ve heard he would’ve played down back, how do you stop someone from running and jumping at it then?
He’s had a ten year afl career to date, so he obviously has a football brain it might not be the best but he understands footy, he’s dropping down 2-3 levels so his iq doesn’t have to be the best.
He’s got one of the best suburban league coaches coaching him along with boomer giving him instructions, he’s not playing against afl defences that are all on the same page and stick to there structures 100%.

Mate if you think teams are going to be able to shut him down by simply not letting him run and jump at it you’re kidding yourself. I’ve heard he would’ve played down back, how do you stop someone from running and jumping at it then?
He’s had a ten year afl career to date, so he obviously has a football brain it might not be the best but he understands footy, he’s dropping down 2-3 levels so his iq doesn’t have to be the best.
He’s got one of the best suburban league coaches coaching him along with boomer giving him instructions, he’s not playing against afl defences that are all on the same page and stick to there structures 100%.
Not going to argue anymore. Your obviously a one eyed North supporter who thinks Daw is the next superstar of the league!

I’ll base my opinion on facts and what I’ve seen so far.

He may prove me wrong and come out and dominate. But I’m yet to see anything in his football ability that says that!

Not going to argue anymore. Your obviously a one eyed North supporter who thinks Daw is the next superstar of the league!

I’ll base my opinion on facts and what I’ve seen so far.

He may prove me wrong and come out and dominate. But I’m yet to see anything in his football ability that says that!
Got no affiliation whatsoever with north, I’m quite happy that he will get picked up by Melbourne so he won’t have to play against my team.
What fact are you basing this on? He hasn’t played a single game in this league how can you base it on fact? What because afl defences worked him out then it’s going to translate into this league? Go to bed mate you’re drunk.

Got no affiliation whatsoever with north, I’m quite happy that he will get picked up by Melbourne so he won’t have to play against my team.
What fact are you basing this on? He hasn’t played a single game in this league how can you base it on fact? What because afl defences worked him out then it’s going to translate into this league? Go to bed mate you’re drunk.
You can’t be that’s silly??

Take Brad Miller for example. A hell of a lot better player then Daw. Athletic big man. Came back at the same age and wasn’t great at all!!

The fact is that I’ve seen him play 10 years of football and he’s been an ordinary player at best.

What are your facts that he will dominate in this competition? And if you say he’s athletic you need good clip!!

Get off the pipe!!

Last edited:

Take Brad Miller for example. A hell of a lot better player then Daw. Athletic big man. Came back at the same age and wasn’t great at all!!

The fact is that I’ve seen him play 10 years of football and he’s been an ordinary player at best.

What are your facts that he will dominate in this competition? And if you say he’s athletic you need good clip!!

Get off the pipe!!
It’s my opinion that he will dominate , I’m not the moron that’s stating fact when its impossible to do so.
For every brad Miller there’s a Cameron Cloke that comes to local and dominates, if it’s so easy to just not let him run and jump at it why didn’t it work for Cloke?
I’ve played div 1 footy in this league in the last couple of years and I know how far size and athleticism gets you, players of his size don’t get smaller as the game goes on, he has afl athleticism and fitness and would’ve been in a good team that if he played forward the ball would’ve been coming in thick and fast, and if he plays backline it won’t.
Name one player that will be able to run and be physical with him?
He’s been playing footy for as long as anyone in the league, so why would his footy brain be any different to everyone else?

It’s my opinion that he will dominate , I’m not the moron that’s stating fact when its impossible to do so.
For every brad Miller there’s a Cameron Cloke that comes to local and dominates, if it’s so easy to just not let him run and jump at it why didn’t it work for Cloke?
I’ve played div 1 footy in this league in the last couple of years and I know how far size and athleticism gets you, players of his size don’t get smaller as the game goes on, he has afl athleticism and fitness and would’ve been in a good team that if he played forward the ball would’ve been coming in thick and fast, and if he plays backline it won’t.
Name one player that will be able to run and be physical with him?
He’s been playing footy for as long as anyone in the league, so why would his footy brain be any different to everyone else?
For every Brad miller there’s a Cloke?

Your taking the piss surely? He’s one of the most dominant players we have ever seen and you don’t get many big men come back and dominate like him at all . Very very hard to find!!

For every Brad miller there’s a Cloke?

Your taking the piss surely? He’s one of the most dominant players we have ever seen and you don’t get many big men come back and dominate like him at all . Very very hard to find!!
They are hard to find.
Anyway let’s shake hands and walk away😜 most likely our question whether he will dominate won’t be answered.

I’d be shocked in Daw didn’t dominate at local level personally but we might not find out for a while.

Im very surprised Melbourne is taking him. Maybe I’ll eat my words but if you think you’ll get anywhere replacing Ben Brown with him I think you are delusional. Very limited Afl level footballer

Get off the pipe!!

I cant let this one slide unfortunately.

Ahmed Saad has been arguably the leagues best player since joining, and in terms of output at AFL level, was below what Majak produced.

How can you correlate what someone has done at AFL level to local level?

Its a touch different for Majak when he has Jeremy Mcgovern playing on him compared to a local plumber from Hurstbridge.

Just because you've seen him play 10 years and haven't been impressed means absolutely nothing. And you must had had your eyes closed in some of those games because he was more than handy in patches throughout his career. Kicked 6 in a game early days too.

I cant let this one slide unfortunately.

Ahmed Saad has been arguably the leagues best player since joining, and in terms of output at AFL level, was below what Majak produced.

How can you correlate what someone has done at AFL level to local level?

Its a touch different for Majak when he has Jeremy Mcgovern playing on him compared to a local plumber from Hurstbridge.

Just because you've seen him play 10 years and haven't been impressed means absolutely nothing. And you must had had your eyes closed in some of those games because he was more than handy in patches throughout his career. Kicked 6 in a game early days too.
Well I’d say him doing nothing in 10 years is a pretty good base to hold my thoughts on his ability!!

I’ll hold off on saying he will be dominant and one of the best players in the comp until I’ve see something that resembles that!

And I’d hope anyone can string a couple of good games together over a 10 year period!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back