NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

North beat Eltham by about 5 goals from what I heard. But unsure of goalkickers, who didnt play etc.

Eltham where without probably 5 including Macaffer, Keys, Taglieri and O'Regan who are clearly in best 22. Was a great hit out, think the official score was 10 point win to Dogs. Was great to watch Boomer do what he does, still just an amazing player, age will not stop him, even when he makes a small mistake he is somehow able to get to the next contest and get the ball. Also #10 in backline was very impressive, from what I was told North had 4 terrible injuries from last weeks practice game that are long term ones as well. Their big issue could be depth as there was not a great deal in their magoos that look ready to come straight in, they were soundly beaten.

It was great to be back at local football, beer and some awesome BBQ that I had a few too many visits to.

Eltham where without probably 5 including Macaffer, Keys, Taglieri and O'Regan who are clearly in best 22. Was a great hit out, think the official score was 10 point win to Dogs. Was great to watch Boomer do what he does, still just an amazing player, age will not stop him, even when he makes a small mistake he is somehow able to get to the next contest and get the ball. Also #10 in backline was very impressive, from what I was told North had 4 terrible injuries from last weeks practice game that are long term ones as well. Their big issue could be depth as there was not a great deal in their magoos that look ready to come straight in, they were soundly beaten.

It was great to be back at local football, beer and some awesome BBQ that I had a few too many visits to.

Around 14 senior listed players who didn't play 1s/2s on Saturday for North with probably half in top 25 to come back in with most up for selection this weekend against Doutta Stars.
Saw the 19s game & was a real contest with North likely a big improver with an influx of Bundoora Park U/16s flag players from 2019 transferring across & a few others.
Around 5 played in the senior game on top of those who played in early game.

Mexican snags were best Denny.

Rumour doing rounds about Northcote Park is the council told them they cannot use ground if they receive any pokie money costing them thousands.

Rumours are rumours but many would have heard how much they used to receive from them....this could be the big issue at Bill Lawry.
I’ve heard the same, I was told you can’t get council help if you take pokies money whatever that translates to

does that not come under the banner of resistant of trade ? as the council are limiting the clubs ability to raise capital

I am not sure what you mean by Resistant of Trade however if you think the council can dictate how you generate money of course they can. The council will have a hundred other user tenants of their facilities and will say if they can survive why can't you. There are a million ways to generate money. I think they will also see the 99% of other football clubs that do not use gambling as a way to survive.

Around 14 senior listed players who didn't play 1s/2s on Saturday for North with probably half in top 25 to come back in with most up for selection this weekend against Doutta Stars.
Saw the 19s game & was a real contest with North likely a big improver with an influx of Bundoora Park U/16s flag players from 2019 transferring across & a few others.
Around 5 played in the senior game on top of those who played in early game.

Mexican snags were best Denny.
Bundoora Thunderbolts u/16s played in the worst competition possible. It’s like Division 4.
And they had 5 play in the seniors?

Bundoora Thunderbolts u/16s played in the worst competition possible. It’s like Division 4.
And they had 5 play in the seniors?
May have been the worst division as you say (not sure about that) but there are a couple that are knocking on the door at senior level.

Other thing is Spyforce didn’t say all
were from Bundoora Park that played seniors there are others already at the club at 19s level capable of playing seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure what you mean by Resistant of Trade however if you think the council can dictate how you generate money of course they can. The council will have a hundred other user tenants of their facilities and will say if they can survive why can't you. There are a million ways to generate money. I think they will also see the 99% of other football clubs that do not use gambling as a way to survive.
Denny fair call just seem to be with the councils so green and political correct they are enforcing their own moral code on everyone

Did Bundoora have their full squad back. Also heard Dempsey went down and looked pretty crook with a groin injury
No still about 7-8 come back.
Plus Collins and Thomas only played a quarter. Sheperd only played a half.

From what I heard Saturday these are the players to come back in.
Keating, Marshall, Burns, Evans, Thompson, Younan( when available), Young( when available), Davies, Howard!

So pretty good upside. Not sure they will be a contender, but you never know!

Yes I think they said Courtney Dempsey snapped his pelvis or something like that late in the 3rd quarter.

No still about 7-8 come back.
Plus Collins and Thomas only played a quarter. Sheperd only played a half.

From what I heard Saturday these are the players to come back in.
Keating, Marshall, Burns, Evans, Thompson, Younan( when available), Young( when available), Davies, Howard!

So pretty good upside. Not sure they will be a contender, but you never know!

Yes I think they said Courtney Dempsey snapped his pelvis or something like that late in the 3rd quarter.
Though it’s good in hindsight.
I think you will find younan will spend most the year at vfl. Those other blokes
Missing quite a few handy footballers.

What’s your issue with Northcote Park, they’re not breaking any laws? You think 99% of sports clubs don’t receive proceeds of gaming? Might wanna check that figure, most clubs are sponsored by a pub, a pub which has Pokies.

What’s your issue with Northcote Park, they’re not breaking any laws? You think 99% of sports clubs don’t receive proceeds of gaming? Might wanna check that figure, most clubs are sponsored by a pub, a pub which has Pokies.

Not my issue at all, I have always enjoyed playing against and at Northcote Park. Do not want to see any Club with financial issues.

No they are not breaking laws but from what is being said they are breaking Council by-laws that will restrict them getting money from Pokies.

Personally I think it is not a fair rule but that's councils. I know how hard it is to raise money but all I was posting is what I had heard and others have backed that up.

Maybe with your first post in here you need to read more into it.

Not my issue at all, I have always enjoyed playing against and at Northcote Park. Do not want to see any Club with financial issues.

No they are not breaking laws but from what is being said they are breaking Council by-laws that will restrict them getting money from Pokies.

Personally I think it is not a fair rule but that's councils. I know how hard it is to raise money but all I was posting is what I had heard and others have backed that up.

Maybe with your first post in here you need to read more into it.

Actually have read all the related documents. So I’ll explain it to you...
NP have been running a completely legal business for almost 25 years. 3 years ago a local council led by politicians with their own political aspirations and biased positions (Mayor Rennie, at the time was chair of the anti gambling legislation) decided to make an example of Northcote Park who had defeated them at VCAT for moving some of their gaming machines into Darebin and so concocted the Darebin Gaming Policy. The club is now being forced to sell their venue or vacate the ground.
So when you say breaking council by laws please understand they have never done so.
Consider if the club were to sell the machines, the venue would role on as it previously had before. There would be no change to the gaming effects at local area. Additio the venue is in the City of Moreland, Darebin Council are really overstepping here.
You must also consider if this stand over and bullying tactic is successful it will put pressure on all local councils to follow suit. This will have an enormous impact on a huge amount of sporting clubs across the state.
Remember these clubs are not for profit organizations.
Darebin Council recently closed the almost 100 year old Faircote Bowls club due to their link with gaming, are trying to take away the local 9 hole golf course and now the Cougars.
The greens are definitely anti sport and it’s not right.

Actually have read all the related documents. So I’ll explain it to you...
NP have been running a completely legal business for almost 25 years. 3 years ago a local council led by politicians with their own political aspirations and biased positions (Mayor Rennie, at the time was chair of the anti gambling legislation) decided to make an example of Northcote Park who had defeated them at VCAT for moving some of their gaming machines into Darebin and so concocted the Darebin Gaming Policy. The club is now being forced to sell their venue or vacate the ground.
So when you say breaking council by laws please understand they have never done so.
Consider if the club were to sell the machines, the venue would role on as it previously had before. There would be no change to the gaming effects at local area. Additio the venue is in the City of Moreland, Darebin Council are really overstepping here.
You must also consider if this stand over and bullying tactic is successful it will put pressure on all local councils to follow suit. This will have an enormous impact on a huge amount of sporting clubs across the state.
Remember these clubs are not for profit organizations.
Darebin Council recently closed the almost 100 year old Faircote Bowls club due to their link with gaming, are trying to take away the local 9 hole golf course and now the Cougars.
The greens are definitely anti sport and it’s not right.

Thanks for clearing some of the information up. As I started with it was a rumour but was getting stronger.

I agree with issues with Green councils, they do not understand the benefit of local sport and how hard it is to raising money.

I know my Club does not gain any benefit from Pokies, yes its a fine line if some Clubs have Hotel sponsorship but that exactly what it will come down to.

With AFL and many organisations moving away from Pokie revenue maybe the Cougers need to find other money making ideas. Sometimes community clubs have to look at what they represent as a brand and pokies are more and more not what people want their local non-profit organisation to be involved in. (personally this is not my opinion, I say good luck to anyone on how you raise money but I know this is how many councils and leagues will be looking. They need to protect their brand and pokies and gambling have a bad rap)

Thanks for clearing some of the information up. As I started with it was a rumour but was getting stronger.

I agree with issues with Green councils, they do not understand the benefit of local sport and how hard it is to raising money.

I know my Club does not gain any benefit from Pokies, yes its a fine line if some Clubs have Hotel sponsorship but that exactly what it will come down to.

With AFL and many organisations moving away from Pokie revenue maybe the Cougers need to find other money making ideas. Sometimes community clubs have to look at what they represent as a brand and pokies are more and more not what people want their local non-profit organisation to be involved in. (personally this is not my opinion, I say good luck to anyone on how you raise money but I know this is how many councils and leagues will be looking. They need to protect their brand and pokies and gambling have a bad rap)
Sorry Denny, I must have been mistaken I had thought you were from Eltham, who are sponsored by the Harp, a gaming venue with 47 machines.
Either way I appreciate your response and taking the time to read my comment.

Sorry Denny, I must have been mistaken I had thought you were from Eltham, who are sponsored by the Harp, a gaming venue with 47 machines. Either way I appreciate your response and taking the time to read my comment.

As I said many Clubs have hotel sponsorships and find them invaluable. Do not read anything I said that I personally wish ill on NP. I feel you guys have done a great job and if pokies is the way to go then great. I would love my Club to have access to them, geez would love them in my clubrooms who wouldn't but it is a fine line (or maybe not) drawing a hotel sponsorship that generates money many ways to pokie ownership. Getting sponsorship dollars is hard and having beauracrates with an agenda and no knowledge of what local Clubs can do for the local community is frustrating I would imagine.

I just know the way ahead that the 'Green' world is leaning. That being absolute control of things like pokies and gambling as people do not have a mind of their own. I do hope you guys can sort it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back