NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting all these players in, but at what cost to the future of the club? Yes good players, but all over 30. Then they already have players getting on such as Mitchell, carlyon, marshall, Thomas etc.
What if the coach is gone in 2 years, where does it leave the club?

Yes a flag is what eveyone plays for at the end of the day, but is it worth going all in for 1-2 years and then get a mass exodus? Hard one
They’ve never struggled attracting good quality players. I wouldn’t worry. If this gets them a flag then it’s success.

Getting all these players in, but at what cost to the future of the club? Yes good players, but all over 30. Then they already have players getting on such as Mitchell, carlyon, marshall, Thomas etc.
What if the coach is gone in 2 years, where does it leave the club?

Yes a flag is what eveyone plays for at the end of the day, but is it worth going all in for 1-2 years and then get a mass exodus? Hard one
CALE HOOKER TO BUNDOORA.. MARK MY WORDS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve never struggled attracting good quality players. I wouldn’t worry. If this gets them a flag then it’s success.
Yeh true. but in saying that, they were on there knees 2 years ago with a massive exodus and money issues. Only way they survived was employing a coach for his money and not his coaching. You'd hope they would be ok, but its a risk

Yeh true. but in saying that, they were on there knees 2 years ago with a massive exodus and money issues. Only way they survived was employing a coach for his money and not his coaching. You'd hope they would be ok, but its a risk
That's a big statement about the coach. Is he no good?

Pretty harsh on Chopper. Struggled to combine the playing/coaching role when he first started coaching but knows his footy as well as anyone, speaks well, relates to his players and puts in the hours. Having coached against him (granted not recently) and speaking to him every week during that period he definitely knew what he was doing IMO. Also know many that have played under him who validate what I've said above. No doubt his network helps, he knows everyone and those he doesn't he soon will !!!! As for some clubs a coach being able to bring some players is a factor in their selection process but you're doing him a massive disservice saying his coaching ability wasn't a factor at all in his appointment.

*apologies for long winded response but thought it was a cheap shot and yes, he is a mate.

Can 100% confirm the reason he was named coach, was not based on coaching. Hey good on them, got them out of sh*t. Was probably the right call in the end
There is more to a local coach that just the on field part.

If they can help generate sponsorship and pull in recruits that’s just as important. End of the day Bundooras improvement says it all.

Pretty harsh on Chopper. Struggled to combine the playing/coaching role when he first started coaching but knows his footy as well as anyone, speaks well, relates to his players and puts in the hours. Having coached against him (granted not recently) and speaking to him every week during that period he definitely knew what he was doing IMO. Also know many that have played under him who validate what I've said above. No doubt his network helps, he knows everyone and those he doesn't he soon will !!!! As for some clubs a coach being able to bring some players is a factor in their selection process but you're doing him a massive disservice saying his coaching ability wasn't a factor at all in his appointment.

*apologies for long winded response but thought it was a cheap shot and yes, he is a mate.
I'm not disagreeing with a lot of what your saying. Michael is a great gut and hid dedication cant be questioned. But Bundoora had had thr chance to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and took it. Dont blame them really

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back