NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Eltham pick up Donaldson, but Mont take one of their star juniors in Jaden Collins. I know where my preference would be.

A proven, ready to go division 1 ex-captain, multiple team of the year, Div 1 coaches MVP, NFNL representative, or a young kid who will play majority in the VFL and will be rarely seen at NFNL level.

Tough choice.

A proven, ready to go division 1 ex-captain, multiple team of the year, Div 1 coaches MVP, NFNL representative, or a young kid who will play majority in the VFL and will be rarely seen at NFNL level.

Tough choice.
Depends how you look at it. Eltham win the flag in 2023 as they should and he's the type of player you want to compete in Div 1.

Depends how you look at it. Eltham win the flag in 2023 as they should and he's the type of player you want to compete in Div 1.

It’s going to come down to Diamo and Eltham but I think Thomo will be UP there, new recruits and new coach will change the mind set.
Not sure how anyone else will go….

The issue for Eltham will be what happens if they win the flag how many of their players will be of Div 1 standard for 2024.

Weatherald
Still
Bongetti
Woods
Donaldson
Taglieri
Merkel

All still solid players for Div 2 but you can’t expect these players to have the impact they once did in Div1. Eltham would need to recruit well in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue for Eltham will be what happens if they win the flag how many of their players will be of Div 1 standard for 2024.

Weatherald
Still
Bongetti
Woods
Donaldson
Taglieri
Merkel

All still solid players for Div 2 but you can’t expect these players to have the impact they once did in Div1. Eltham would need to recruit well in my opinion.
Are all going to play seniors? Still and Taglieri didn’t in the GF last season for starters.

There will be more damage not winning a flag than having a few old guys retire afterwards. How long will some of their proper young guns stick around in D2 otherwise.

Every club needs to recruit well if they go up… that’s just a given.

Weatherald
Still
Bongetti
Woods
Donaldson
Taglieri
Merkel

There’s a fair bit of water to go under the bridge before that’s an issue for Eltham. Going to be another tightly contested year with multiple teams a chance to hold the cup in 10 months time.

Tom Keys annouced at PH.

They’ve had quite the off season.
I love Panton Hill cause of the Pub and it is great that the football club is having a crack & spending big $$ on players
Someone posted on here a while ago the points that the players are racking up in joining Panton Hill - This could quite possibly be the highest weekly points team in the history of DIV 2 football LOL
Keys a 4 pointer and 30++ ??

I love Panton Hill cause of the Pub and it is great that the football club is having a crack & spending big $$ on players
Someone posted on here a while ago the points that the players are racking up in joining Panton Hill - This could quite possibly be the highest weekly points team in the history of DIV 2 football LOL
Keys a 4 pointer and 30++ ??
Will be tough to fit them all in no doubt. Had a quick look

Keys - 4
J Callaway - 4
Lingerwood - 4
Crosby - 3 ?
Rowe - 3
Livingstone - 3
Akram - 3
Buckley - 3
Duckworth - 3
B Callaway - 3

33 points for 10 players

13 points remain for the other 12

Tickle, Parks, Jasper 3 pointers… that’s 9 points just there, not to mention the array of now 2 pointers.

Yep going to be some tough selections if the best team is available.

Will be tough to fit them all in no doubt. Had a quick look

Keys - 4
J Callaway - 4
Lingerwood - 4
Crosby - 3 ?
Rowe - 3
Livingstone - 3
Akram - 3
Buckley - 3
Duckworth - 3
B Callaway - 3

33 points for 10 players

13 points remain for the other 12

Tickle, Parks, Jasper 3 pointers… that’s 9 points just there, not to mention the array of now 2 pointers.

Yep going to be some tough selections if the best team is available.
Good on em - Lots of money to get this group together no doubt so lets hope they can make finals
They have no juniors or under 19's (Trying to get 19's team together apparently) so attracting these sort of blokes is a credit to them
Should be a fun once off for them

Good on em - Lots of money to get this group together no doubt so lets hope they can make finals
They have no juniors or under 19's (Trying to get 19's team together apparently) so attracting these sort of blokes is a credit to them
Should be a fun once off for them
Heard 19s is going to happen which is good by them!

Heard 19s is going to happen which is good by them!
I am hearing that there are a number of clubs looking to get an under 19 side together this year which is fantastic
Keep in mind though the NFNL is the only competition where under 16 & under 17 boys can only play 4 games in the 19's - Any more and they are banned from playing games with their junior team
I have a feeling that there will be a lot of teams (Juniors and under 19's) forfeiting the last 6 games of the season - Congratulations NFNL, keeping young people in football - HOPELESS

I am hearing that there are a number of clubs looking to get an under 19 side together this year which is fantastic
Keep in mind though the NFNL is the only competition where under 16 & under 17 boys can only play 4 games in the 19's - Any more and they are banned from playing games with their junior team
I have a feeling that there will be a lot of teams (Juniors and under 19's) forfeiting the last 6 games of the season - Congratulations NFNL, keeping young people in football - HOPELESS
That rule makes zero sense to me. Would love an explanation from the NFNL

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back