NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Diamond Creek class. Panton Hill, wow. Lucky to score 2 goals, absolutely dominated.

I’ll call it down DC win the flag.

Lower Plenty? 170 points against, absolute horrid result.

Lock them in for relegation. Season over and hope gone.

Diamond Creek class. Panton Hill, wow. Lucky to score 2 goals, absolutely dominated.

Going very early on these calls!
Bit to pan out yet.

interesting take aways from round 1

whittlesea diamo and south morang are i think even tho it’s only 1 game the clear standouts it shows.

surprised watsonia after all there losses took it up to st marys same goes with northcote v thomastown ..

relegation battle will be tight

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Long long year ahead for Lower - Never thought Flynn & Barden would be part of a team on the end of a 100+ point flogging that should have been more given the shots SM missed.
Hard to get a read on SM because I think Lower were just putrid.
Nobody can out run father time

Haha bit early. But gee Diamond Creek looked like a well oiled machine.

What a fantastic night it was. Huge crowd all enjoying a beer.
Sounds like they still have 5 or 6 blokes to come back in. Dale Marshall, Lewis and Pingree didn’t play

Looks like Whittlesea have found their rightful home in div2 yet again.
Long_Time_Listner just had a look and Whittlesea played at 22 points, every player a one point player.
Club has 19,17 and 16 so I think they are in pretty good shape
I think the most impressive thing is that it looks like most of their list from 2023, is there in 2024. Consolidate and then maybe they have another crack at Division 1
Not sure what the fascination is with clubs that bounce up and down between a division, I reckon any club that wins a premiership wouldn’t change it
Big game this week for Laurimar against Lower Plenty, see who gets their first win which takes a lot of pressure off

Long_Time_Listner just had a look and Whittlesea played at 22 points, every player a one point player.
Club has 19,17 and 16 so I think they are in pretty good shape
I think the most impressive thing is that it looks like most of their list from 2023, is there in 2024. Consolidate and then maybe they have another crack at Division 1
Not sure what the fascination is with clubs that bounce up and down between a division, I reckon any club that wins a premiership wouldn’t change it
Big game this week for Laurimar against Lower Plenty, see who gets their first win which takes a lot of pressure off
That’s a cracker but I think Laurimar will win easily. Lower extremely young but if they drop to D3 can they hold onto a lot of those young ones.

Had a look at Whittlesea last week. They are going to be very very hard to beat again. I do hope if they go back up they can recruit and give Div 1 a crack. And hopefully there kids coming through can develop into Div 1 players. Pretty amazing they played with the minimum points (22).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a cracker but I think Laurimar will win easily. Lower extremely young but if they drop to D3 can they hold onto a lot of those young ones.
A tough initiation for Laurimar but they will be far greater for the first experience in Div 2. I expect them to avoid relegation. Important to remember these side were seperated by a complete division of football last year.

A tough initiation for Laurimar but they will be far greater for the first experience in Div 2. I expect them to avoid relegation. Important to remember these side were seperated by a complete division of football last year.
Whittlesea are better than last year and played d1, lauriamar d3. A 60 point loss where they still managed 15 scoring shots is far from bad. They’ve been quite clear they will develop from within and build.

Theyll win 5-7 games imo.

A very intriguing round of football with plenty of matches im looking forward to seeing the results

PH vs NP - Could this shape relegation? How will the prime train go? Kicked 8 for Phillip island so expect him to be pretty handy

LP vs LRM - Relegation battle? Lower would want a much better showing. A bad loss here would be alarm bells

TT vs DC - Can TT match the big boys?

SM vs WHT - Are the Burra a flag chance?

SM vs WATS - Watsonia a finals chance still?

Hope this wanna be self promoter comes up with the goods for Panton Hill this weekend with all the promotiong getting done. I thought it was a guy who has won everything in footy by the promos. Small ground will find him wanting. Hope the club isnt expecting to much.

Hope this wanna be self promoter comes up with the goods for Panton Hill this weekend with all the promotiong getting done. I thought it was a guy who has won everything in footy by the promos. Small ground will find him wanting. Hope the club isnt expecting to much.
Id never heard of him (not his target market) until I wondered into to watch some local easter weekend footy at Phillip Island. He will be PH best forward. Id back him in, and he will also, to kick it anywhere goal side of the center at PH.

Id never heard of him (not his target market) until I wondered into to watch some local easter weekend footy at Phillip Island. He will be PH best forward. Id back him in, and he will also, to kick it anywhere goal side of the center at PH.
Understand but alot more physical on the small ground. Will have to take plenty of contested marks and Im not real sure that will happen

He can certainly play, he would be better on the big ground but will still go well I’d imagine especially against NP.

NP already a few injured and with 19 in the ressies week 1 at home it could be a very long year. Hopefully they can rally together.

All you have done is bag this guy across several forums, what has he done wrong to you mate?
The more you talk about him the better off he is.
Deserves everybit bit of it. As I said Ive seen him play and can comment on his ability. Clubs pay $$$$ for this bloke thinking he can play footy. Yes he has a lot of followers but think about it. They are all kids who dont have to pay to get in to games. I do know for a fact that at least 1 club was very dissapointed with his performance on the day. My opinions he couldnt give 2 stuffs about as I dont do Facebook . Instagram or X or whatever its called. And I'm not sure he is better off if he reads my opinion. I dont agree he should be making $$$$ from appearances when he really is as no one in footy terms. When clubs are struggling as it is

Deserves everybit bit of it. As I said Ive seen him play and can comment on his ability. Clubs pay $$$$ for this bloke thinking he can play footy. Yes he has a lot of followers but think about it. They are all kids who dont have to pay to get in to games. I do know for a fact that at least 1 club was very dissapointed with his performance on the day. My opinions he couldnt give 2 stuffs about as I dont do Facebook . Instagram or X or whatever its called. And I'm not sure he is better off if he reads my opinion. I dont agree he should be making $$$$ from appearances when he really is as no one in footy terms. When clubs are struggling as it is
Isn’t that on the clubs who decide to pay the money to get him in?

If he drags in an extra 20 people who spend $50 each and enjoy the hospitality put on by PH and as result by a membership, sponsor a player, or attend a few more games of footy is that not a win? What happens on the field is a bonus

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back