NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

No im suggesting over a 25 year period they have won 5 flags. All Division 2.

I’m saying they have won 5 Div 2 flags in 25-30 years.
Played more of those years in Div 2 and they are the biggest club in the comp.
Gifted the best facilities by council, biggest and best Juniors around.
You’d want to have it worked out by now surely.

Last 30 years. So back to 1994.

Div 2 Flags 1995, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2023

Since 1994:

Div 2 – 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999-2000, 2002, 2018-2023. = 12 Years
Div 1 – 1996, 1998, 2001, 2003-2017, 2024.= 19 Years

Your comments about ‘gifted’ facilities is close to moronic. Volunteers at Clubs work hard with local and state to get funding for improvements and Eltham clearly has worked hard on getting that. I can assure you nothing is ever gifted, why would they be gifted? Shows your lack of understanding how Clubs work with local and state governments or your belief is conspiracy theories.

There clearly has been decisions along the way that have meant they have spent time in Div 2, however leading in a Div 1 Prelim with injuries hurting and falling to eventual premiers they did get close in 2015, relegated in 2-17 with 5 wins by % which you have to agree is stiff and with the biggest representatives in AFL by a local club in last 15 years you would think that’s better than say they stick around and play local footy?

They have some genuine guns and many other players playing at other clubs. This happens, we all see players go from one to another, some for $$, some for different opportunity, some for just the hell of it. Nothing wrong with that, every club would have players elsewhere. Would it be great if they were still at Eltham, sure, but people move on. Clubs can try and keep them but that always happens.

I am a proud Eltham supporter but also just a local footy supporter, I can assure those that never experience a Premiership in Div 1, those won in Div 2 or 3 are celebrated are remembered just as much, what do you think at 11pm people put their beer down and think, oh this is just a Div 2 GF, let’s not celebrate too much. You can only play and win where you are, if that’s not Div 1 that’s fine, despite how big your juniors are.

Eltham, like many Clubs maybe don’t have the cash injections to pay players, putting a lot into what you say was ‘gifted’ made more overall sense than overpaying. When you consider a Club like Monty have not won a GF since 1979, so 45 years. Let’s be generous and say they have only spent $100,000 on players over that time (remember the salary cap used to be $200,000 once) so basic math tells me they have spent probably well over $5 million on just player payments to never experience winning a GF. Yes, they have stayed in Div 1 and it’s a great achievement but paying all that never to win something and seeing generations miss a chance at a flag as they seemed to have to pay a lot of blow-ins just to stay in Div 1 is a decision those who made it at the time where confident it would win a flag but it hasn’t, and continues not to. The fact that this year I think they are spending less than past few and now in a GF shows maybe $$ and overpriced blowins is not what its all about.

Who cares they have a big juniors, Eltham had similar juniors to Mont, SM and DC. In Yarra League I am sure Heidelberg, St Marys and others have similar amounts.

This forum blows up when teams fail, no doubt people here are ready for Monty to lose again and the chokemorency crap will appear, it’s what the internet is for. However, if you are involved with a Club, you just do what you can and play where your told and celebrate the wins when you get them.

Tranquilli coaching again at Creek? May need to come up with a new game plan if he is to get them into div1.

Well done to South Morang. Amazing effort considering where they were as a club, especially off field not to long ago. Enjoy the moment before the knuckling down to the hard work which comes with div1. Playing with the big boys now.
Had more scoring shots, Lost by a goal

DC won the previous 2 finals against Lower & Whittlesea by 12 & 14 goals.

South won all of there 3 finals by 6 points.

Is it game plan or is it beaten by a better side who got it done on the day?

Last 30 years. So back to 1994.

Div 2 Flags 1995, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2023

Since 1994:

Div 2 – 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999-2000, 2002, 2018-2023. = 12 Years
Div 1 – 1996, 1998, 2001, 2003-2017, 2024.= 19 Years

Your comments about ‘gifted’ facilities is close to moronic. Volunteers at Clubs work hard with local and state to get funding for improvements and Eltham clearly has worked hard on getting that. I can assure you nothing is ever gifted, why would they be gifted? Shows your lack of understanding how Clubs work with local and state governments or your belief is conspiracy theories.

There clearly has been decisions along the way that have meant they have spent time in Div 2, however leading in a Div 1 Prelim with injuries hurting and falling to eventual premiers they did get close in 2015, relegated in 2-17 with 5 wins by % which you have to agree is stiff and with the biggest representatives in AFL by a local club in last 15 years you would think that’s better than say they stick around and play local footy?

They have some genuine guns and many other players playing at other clubs. This happens, we all see players go from one to another, some for $$, some for different opportunity, some for just the hell of it. Nothing wrong with that, every club would have players elsewhere. Would it be great if they were still at Eltham, sure, but people move on. Clubs can try and keep them but that always happens.

I am a proud Eltham supporter but also just a local footy supporter, I can assure those that never experience a Premiership in Div 1, those won in Div 2 or 3 are celebrated are remembered just as much, what do you think at 11pm people put their beer down and think, oh this is just a Div 2 GF, let’s not celebrate too much. You can only play and win where you are, if that’s not Div 1 that’s fine, despite how big your juniors are.

Eltham, like many Clubs maybe don’t have the cash injections to pay players, putting a lot into what you say was ‘gifted’ made more overall sense than overpaying. When you consider a Club like Monty have not won a GF since 1979, so 45 years. Let’s be generous and say they have only spent $100,000 on players over that time (remember the salary cap used to be $200,000 once) so basic math tells me they have spent probably well over $5 million on just player payments to never experience winning a GF. Yes, they have stayed in Div 1 and it’s a great achievement but paying all that never to win something and seeing generations miss a chance at a flag as they seemed to have to pay a lot of blow-ins just to stay in Div 1 is a decision those who made it at the time where confident it would win a flag but it hasn’t, and continues not to. The fact that this year I think they are spending less than past few and now in a GF shows maybe $$ and overpriced blowins is not what its all about.

Who cares they have a big juniors, Eltham had similar juniors to Mont, SM and DC. In Yarra League I am sure Heidelberg, St Marys and others have similar amounts.

This forum blows up when teams fail, no doubt people here are ready for Monty to lose again and the chokemorency crap will appear, it’s what the internet is for. However, if you are involved with a Club, you just do what you can and play where your told and celebrate the wins when you get them.
Regarding facilities- you clearly don’t see how hard other clubs work to get funding but are constantly denied yet your club facilitates has been improved like no other.
Don’t bullshit and say you aren’t gifted with the local council contacts connected to the club.
People know better.
Just accept it and run with it, good luck to you.
Don’t give me the tireless work for grants🙄.
If they don’t have the cash injections, then why not? Comes down to Sponsorships surely and if they don’t have them then I’m staggered.

Who cares about Juniors??? This tells me you don’t know how it works.
Eltham are absolutely set up to be a powerhouse club in the next 5-1O years with local 1 point players. The juniors just won Div1 flags in under 17,16, 15’s.
Again. Good luck to them.
But they should 💯 be making Div1 finals and winning flags moving forward.

Regarding facilities- you clearly don’t see how hard other clubs work to get funding but are constantly denied yet your club facilitates has been improved like no other.
Don’t bullshit and say you aren’t gifted with the local council contacts connected to the club.
People know better.
If they don’t have the cash injections, then why not? Comes down to Sponsorships surely and if they don’t have them then I’m staggered.

Who cares about Juniors??? This tells me you don’t know how it works.
Eltham are absolutely set up to be a powerhouse club in the next 5-1O years with local 1 point players. The juniors just won Div1 flags in under 17,16, 15’s.
Again. Good luck to them.
But they should 💯 be making Div1 finals and winning flags moving forward.

Im not sure who hurt you from eltham, but I hope your are okay. Hopefully we are making div 1 finals in the future as that would’ve been quite hard over the past few years.

People know better.
Stating this on here is not facts.

The club goes through the same processes as every other club. The club committee is not made up of any contacts at council and you insult the council thinking the prefer one club to another. But as you state in on here is facts so cool.

The rooms have been done up once in 40 years.
Lights got done with Club paying half.
Scoreboard Club paid for.
Nets at rear of goals Club paid for.

What other improvements are you talking about? New car parking? That was done for the railway and kindergarten to benefit as well. What gifts? Why the weird rolleyes about grants? Everyone can get them, but in your mind only Eltham gets them, what a joke.

What sponsors pay in cash? All sponsors I know send legal transfers and expect legal receipts. If there is cash sponsors good luck to their business plan with the ATO.

Stating this on here is not facts.

The club goes through the same processes as every other club. The club committee is not made up of any contacts at council and you insult the council thinking the prefer one club to another. But as you state in on here is facts so cool.

The rooms have been done up once in 40 years.
Lights got done with Club paying half.
Scoreboard Club paid for.
Nets at rear of goals Club paid for.

What other improvements are you talking about? New car parking? That was done for the railway and kindergarten to benefit as well. What gifts? Why the weird rolleyes about grants? Everyone can get them, but in your mind only Eltham gets them, what a joke.

What sponsors pay in cash? All sponsors I know send legal transfers and expect legal receipts. If there is cash sponsors good luck to their business plan with the ATO.
so the rooms get a what.. $10m makeover and you think thats not something other clubs would love?
regardless of whatever reason you give for the carpark, that would have had to have cost over $500k and the Club benefits.
What about the ground surface? any money been spent on that because it wasnt always that immaculate.
Who mentioned cash? sponsors pay however they choose, i am not buying you guys dont have the cash injection to pay players.

tell me what other club has had over $10m dollars gifted to it by Council in the last 5 or so years??
All im saying is Eltham are a huge Club, best facilities by an absolute mile, hugely successful junior Club with huge numbers of teams and i think from here on in they should be playing Div 1 and never going back to Div 2.

Well they’re obviously doing something right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On field they have been superb,not much has been done wrong.
Recruiting the Ruck who got best on ground in the GF proved to be a master stroke.
Off field
Let’s see if they advise members of the large discrepancy in last profit and loss at the AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On field they have been superb,not much has been done wrong.
Recruiting the Ruck who got best on ground in the GF proved to be a master stroke.
Off field
Let’s see if they advise members of the large discrepancy in last profit and loss at the AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You must be in the know to know that is fact? Im pretty sure this wouldnt be disclosed if thats the case but for Members sake who pay the hard earned to be a Member they should know these things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the rooms get a what.. $10m makeover and you think thats not something other clubs would love?
regardless of whatever reason you give for the carpark, that would have had to have cost over $500k and the Club benefits.
What about the ground surface? any money been spent on that because it wasnt always that immaculate.
Who mentioned cash? sponsors pay however they choose, i am not buying you guys dont have the cash injection to pay players.

tell me what other club has had over $10m dollars gifted to it by Council in the last 5 or so years??
All im saying is Eltham are a huge Club, best facilities by an absolute mile, hugely successful junior Club with huge numbers of teams and i think from here on in they should be playing Div 1 and never going back to Div 2.
You could make that argument for plenty of clubs really. Mernda, South Morang etc all have great facilities and junior programs. Eltham haven’t had the money the big clubs have had.

D1 flags take far more than just good juniors and facilities. Look at Bergers. It’s big bussiness up the top there.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back