NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the local footy world has fallen into the Shaw/Teague interim coach love affair.
The amount of local level clubs parting ways with part time (some volunteer) mentors is staggering.
We keep hearing about the buzz words "Mental Health" thru the AFL and AFL Vic narrators ... sadly I know what local footy reduced me to regarding this topic a few years back and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I'll say it again, I actually applaud and respect anyone who lends themselves to local footy these days, as the scrutiny at even pox levels of what should be looked at as community sport could potentially see attrition rates of coaches decline in the manner umpires are.

Seems the local footy world has fallen into the Shaw/Teague interim coach love affair.
The amount of local level clubs parting ways with part time (some volunteer) mentors is staggering.
We keep hearing about the buzz words "Mental Health" thru the AFL and AFL Vic narrators ... sadly I know what local footy reduced me to regarding this topic a few years back and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I'll say it again, I actually applaud and respect anyone who lends themselves to local footy these days, as the scrutiny at even pox levels of what should be looked at as community sport could potentially see attrition rates of coaches decline in the manner umpires are.
Well said, to me it seems like the powers that be in fact love that word..power and wreck it for they guys that are actually in the heat of the battle week in week out with the 24/7 job it involves and for the money offered compared to players is amazing when in fact the coaches do all the work the playerrs just turn up play put their hand out and go home. Its a shame but again well done to those that put their hand up to be shot down in a flash when things dont go their ( powers that be ) way.

Well said, to me it seems like the powers that be in fact love that word..power and wreck it for they guys that are actually in the heat of the battle week in week out with the 24/7 job it involves and for the money offered compared to players is amazing when in fact the coaches do all the work the playerrs just turn up play put their hand out and go home. Its a shame but again well done to those that put their hand up to be shot down in a flash when things dont go their ( powers that be ) way.
Especially when you have done it for nothing for the last 2 years.

Mernda over Reservoir
Heidelberg West over Old Eltham
Laurimar (match of the round vs Kilmore)
Panton Hill over South Morang

Laurimar too strong today after Kilmore jumped out of the blocks with a 3 goal to nil first quarter. Disappointing that not one Laurimar player, official or support staff dropped into the rooms for a drink after the game. The Kilmore President was waiting for them to enter the social club rooms to welcome them for the post match address, but when no one attended a quick visit to the away rooms found that they had taken off on the team bus with not one word to the hosts to say that they were leaving.

Laurimar too strong today after Kilmore jumped out of the blocks with a 3 goal to nil first quarter. Disappointing that not one Laurimar player, official or support staff dropped into the rooms for a drink after the game. The Kilmore President was waiting for them to enter the social club rooms to welcome them for the post match address, but when no one attended a quick visit to the away rooms found that they had taken off on the team bus with not one word to the hosts to say that they were leaving.
Should stay for a beer no matter what. Very average

Yeah that’s no good from Laurimar, I know a few blokes did go in but the bus should have not left without going in for at least one drink, that’s what the local clubs survive on is support from away teams coming in and you also form bonds as well, it’s how you got to know the blokes from the other teams through having a beer after the game and you’d realise that we are all **** from the same brush.

Yeah that’s no good from Laurimar, I know a few blokes did go in but the bus should have not left without going in for at least one drink, that’s what the local clubs survive on is support from away teams coming in and you also form bonds as well, it’s how you got to know the blokes from the other teams through having a beer after the game and you’d realise that we are all **** from the same brush.
Why do they need a bus to travel to kilmore? Lol its not that far away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has happened to West? A major meltdown after showing some promising signs earlier in season?
To be honest they had a super easy start.

Lalor, Reservoir, Turtles and South (when they were off the boil)

Looked good on paper but when they played the better sides they got exposed.

They should be better. Pretty handy list and their depth is by far the best in the Comp

Surely they would've taken that into consideration when hiring a bus.

That's just bad form not hanging around showing respect to the home club and president.

Who hires a bus to travel 40 minutes up the road.
I will say in Laurimars defence I’ve been to a few games where they have stayed for more than just a few beers so I’m guessing if was just a bus issue.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be honest they had a super easy start.

Lalor, Reservoir, Turtles and South (when they were off the boil)

Looked good on paper but when they played the better sides they got exposed.

They should be better. Pretty handy list and their depth is by far the best in the Comp
Play the top three the next three weeks. Going to be tough to make finals

We are in a world where if players don’t like the coach they’ll leave.

This is the time of the year where clubs start signing players. If you’ve got a coach in they don’t like then good luck getting a signature. This is the time clubs make moves to ensure they retain their list next season.

We are in a world where if players don’t like the coach they’ll leave.

This is the time of the year where clubs start signing players. If you’ve got a coach in they don’t like then good luck getting a signature. This is the time clubs make moves to ensure they retain their list next season.
*That's what unsuccessful clubs will be doing.
Strong clubs won't let players dictate. Might be tough short term but IMO it's usually the handful of players who threaten to leave and tell the off field people how to do their role are the ones who generally go missing when games are there to be won.

As always Laurimar supporters were out in strength and numbers at Kilmore and certainly utilised the fine catering and bar facilities from very early on and during the whole day. Very limited no.s of local supporters even appeared to get out of their cars!
Unfortunately due to the loss of power resulting in pitch dark clubrooms and cold showers at the end of a very cold day, some comforts were desired.
After cleaning the rooms and purchasing out own slab of cans from the bar, we did have to board our bus to get within the booked times and prepare for our club function. For those asking why we would get a bus, all I can say is u blokes have either not played footy or have any idea about team unity and the value of a bus trip!
Apologies to KFC who LFC respect highly and good luck for the rest of the season.
Question:
LFC are the newest club but we always clean up after ourselves and provide a slab to our opposing teams every game!
Seems like we are certainly the exception on both counts these days, wot are current expectations??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As always Laurimar supporters were out in strength and numbers at Kilmore and certainly utilised the fine catering and bar facilities from very early on and during the whole day. Very limited no.s of local supporters even appeared to get out of their cars!
Unfortunately due to the loss of power resulting in pitch dark clubrooms and cold showers at the end of a very cold day, some comforts were desired.
After cleaning the rooms and purchasing out own slab of cans from the bar, we did have to board our bus to get within the booked times and prepare for our club function. For those asking why we would get a bus, all I can say is u blokes have either not played footy or have any idea about team unity and the value of a bus trip!
Apologies to KFC who LFC respect highly and good luck for the rest of the season.
Question:
LFC are the newest club but we always clean up after ourselves and provide a slab to our opposing teams every game!
Seems like we are certainly the exception on both counts these days, wot are current expectations??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting start to an apology by having a crack at their lack of support....

Credit for cleaning up after yourself, surely there's an expectation that every club leaves the rooms in the same condition they were when they arrived?

*That's what unsuccessful clubs will be doing.
Strong clubs won't let players dictate. Might be tough short term but IMO it's usually the handful of players who threaten to leave and tell the off field people how to do their role are the ones who generally go missing when games are there to be won.
Plenty of successful clubs have moved on coaches at this stage.

Not sure how you can label clubs being weak at this stage if they remove their coach. Each situation is completely different.

Plenty of successful clubs have moved on coaches at this stage.

Not sure how you can label clubs being weak at this stage if they remove their coach. Each situation is completely different.

Have no issue with club administrations who decide to make the changes if THEY feel change is required. My comment was directed at the original post asserting players refusing to sign etc... my whole point being if clubs feel they have their right man/woman then they should stay the course rather than be dictated to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back