NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always Laurimar supporters were out in strength and numbers at Kilmore and certainly utilised the fine catering and bar facilities from very early on and during the whole day. Very limited no.s of local supporters even appeared to get out of their cars!
Unfortunately due to the loss of power resulting in pitch dark clubrooms and cold showers at the end of a very cold day, some comforts were desired.
After cleaning the rooms and purchasing out own slab of cans from the bar, we did have to board our bus to get within the booked times and prepare for our club function. For those asking why we would get a bus, all I can say is u blokes have either not played footy or have any idea about team unity and the value of a bus trip!
Apologies to KFC who LFC respect highly and good luck for the rest of the season.
Question:
LFC are the newest club but we always clean up after ourselves and provide a slab to our opposing teams every game!
Seems like we are certainly the exception on both counts these days, wot are current expectations??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Played footy mate and got a bus before when we played 1 1/2 hours away not 35 minutes lol. Just seems like a waste of money.

What has happened to West? A major meltdown after showing some promising signs earlier in season?
Staggering that a side can not score a goal in the second half of a match and still win. It definitely feels like no team wants to finish 4th neither west Mernda and Morang look capable of grabbing a hold of the spot.

Have no issue with club administrations who decide to make the changes if THEY feel change is required. My comment was directed at the original post asserting players refusing to sign etc... my whole point being if clubs feel they have their right man/woman then they should stay the course rather than be dictated to
Whatever way you put it you have a big problem as a committee if people don’t want to sign or want to leave. Anyway you look at it I can’t see any club sticking with a coach if a large contingent want out. Not many coaches are doing a good job if blokes want to leave.

A big exodus can be the end of a club these days.

Staggering that a side can not score a goal in the second half of a match and still win. It definitely feels like no team wants to finish 4th neither west Mernda and Morang look capable of grabbing a hold of the spot.

Interesting score line. Guessing the rain hit in the second half.

Lower plenty didn’t score a goal to three quarter time and walked away premiers so not much suprises me now!

It’s got to be South Morang for me to take 4th. Unless there is a complete turn around at West

Whatever way you put it you have a big problem as a committee if people don’t want to sign or want to leave. Anyway you look at it I can’t see any club sticking with a coach if a large contingent want out. Not many coaches are doing a good job if blokes want to leave.

A big exodus can be the end of a club these days.

There's no doubt about that. While i don't think it was coach related you only have to look at Lalor to see what losing some players can do. Were a kick away from div 1 in 2015 and it took a monumental effort from their President (and no doubt some others) just to keep the doors open at the end of 2018.

Footy managers the most important person now at a footy club. Especially those at struggling div 1 or div 2 club who while trying to get players commit, won't know if he has significantly less money available (if they play by the rules) if their club is relegated.
*realise now div 2 relegation this season.

As always Laurimar supporters were out in strength and numbers at Kilmore and certainly utilised the fine catering and bar facilities from very early on and during the whole day. Very limited no.s of local supporters even appeared to get out of their cars!
Unfortunately due to the loss of power resulting in pitch dark clubrooms and cold showers at the end of a very cold day, some comforts were desired.
After cleaning the rooms and purchasing out own slab of cans from the bar, we did have to board our bus to get within the booked times and prepare for our club function. For those asking why we would get a bus, all I can say is u blokes have either not played footy or have any idea about team unity and the value of a bus trip!
Apologies to KFC who LFC respect highly and good luck for the rest of the season.
Question:
LFC are the newest club but we always clean up after ourselves and provide a slab to our opposing teams every game!
Seems like we are certainly the exception on both counts these days, wot are current expectations??

The slab supplied to Kilmore seniors by Laurimar after the first round match was a slab of Frothy's which were donated free of charge to clubs by C.U.B. Unfortunately the Kilmore boys were a bit fussy and most turned their nose up at it. The usual norm I've seen in this league is that away clubs can buy a slab for their seniors and reserves for $50 over the bar. And the six pack of VB awarded to the best player for Laurimar last Saturday went begging, as there was no one there from Laurimar to collect it. Anyway, we will leave it at that and on the field Laurimar have proven they are the pacesettersfor the Div 3 flag this year. Great effort from a fledgling senior club.

Last edited:
Bit of a pickle - does Aleksovski and Edwards overqualify for 19s finals and play seniors with the risk of not playing any finals at all? Both can’t play another senior game without over qualifying for 19s
Saw Aleksovski and Edwards playing against elthams second team on the weekend, were the differences in the game when it was tight they’re just a class above and should be playing seniors

Saw Aleksovski and Edwards playing against elthams second team on the weekend, were the differences in the game when it was tight they’re just a class above and should be playing seniors
Ever since the post about these boy’s ( at Mernda ) a few week ago ....... l’ve watch a few games .... Aleksovski can win a game off his own boot .....As for Edwards ( kid can play) But when he walked off the ground on the weekend
Because things we’re not going his way
The coach should off keep him off .....
Just had a look at the u/19s drew the next two weeks ...... they play top side in south Morang & Lower plenty .... lose them two there out of the top 4 ....if they have kids playing in the ones ... get them back quick smart) Eltham pushed them for 3 q’s .... watch this space

Ever since the post about these boy’s ( at Mernda ) a few week ago ....... l’ve watch a few games .... Aleksovski can win a game off his own boot .....As for Edwards ( kid can play) But when he walked off the ground on the weekend
Just had a look at the u/19s drew the next two weeks ...... they play top side in south Morang & Lower plenty .... lose them two there out of the top 4 ....if they have kids playing in the ones ... get them back quick smart) Eltham pushed them for 3 q’s .... watch this space
Will be interesting to see how they play. And you’re right eltham had a fair crack at them for 3 qtrs has been the story all year for them just can’t get over the line against other good teams

Still can’t imagine a gf without laurimar v panton hill.
Morang to take out the last finals spot. Can see them getting close to the top sides on their best day.
Few key players not playing at west it looks like. Another underwhelming year for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has happened to West? A major meltdown after showing some promising signs earlier in season?
It’s tough to figure out how their reserves can be playing such great football tearing teams apart but the senior side isn’t looking dangerous at all. I am hearing that their are some big egos amongst the senior group with players thinking they are stars and playing selfish football, which we all know is not how to win games. I can’t see how they could make finals from here.

From what I gather Edwards will be playing against Kilmore if picked.

Risky move Mernda lose their season will be done and he no longer qualifies for 19s but suppose he has been a senior player all year

Risk you take, but if seniors are still alive then shouldn’t they play there best side, and if he is in it then he should play.!
I mean coaches are judged on there season so shouldn’t they be allowed to play there best side to be judged fairly?

The rain hit in the 3rd quarter and the ground at Eltham is pretty chopped up and soft underfoot so makes it pretty hard to get good ball movement / marking happening.

Risk you take, but if seniors are still alive then shouldn’t they play there best side, and if he is in it then he should play.!
I mean coaches are judged on there season so shouldn’t they be allowed to play there best side to be judged fairly?

Surely he (Edwards ) was in Mernda’s best side 4 days ago v reservoir
Y did he go back and play for the 19’s
V Eltham.......
Something more to it .......
May b you can explain more
If you know his going back to the one’s
Come on let the cat out the bag ...

Surely he (Edwards ) was in Mernda’s best side 4 days ago v reservoir
Y did he go back and play for the 19’s
V Eltham.......
Something more to it .......
May b you can explain more
If you know his going back to the one’s
Come on let the cat out the bag ...
Against Lalor 46/48 points West 46/48 points, Morang 45/48 points, PH they played with 48/48 points, Rezza 46/48. Edwards and Aleksovski both 3 points each which would explain why they couldn't actually fit in when inzillo and dean come in that are 4 and 3 points...Is there a reason why Mernda is playing with a 48 point cap and every other team is 46?

Against Lalor 46/48 points West 46/48 points, Morang 45/48 points, PH they played with 48/48 points, Rezza 46/48. Edwards and Aleksovski both 3 points each which would explain why they couldn't actually fit in when inzillo and dean come in that are 4 and 3 points...Is there a reason why Mernda is playing with a 48 point cap and every other team is 46?
Must b good players (I Zillow & dean ) with all the talk about the young kids being so good .......... surely you play the young kids over them two ........
Or the good kids in the 19’s ..............
.................:::::::::::::::...........
SOMETHING DON’T ADD UP HERE
COME SOMEBODY AT MERNDA
PUT MORE LITE TO THIS CONVERSATION PLS

Will he play a full game or 1/2 game

One obviously he has to be picked first and two he will what ever the coach thinks is best for his team, if he even gets a game!

Seriously though Nic & Riley chose to not over qualify for the 19’s for there reasons.

And now after a game of 19’s one has realised that they enjoy playing senior footy more, despite maybe just maybe they may miss finals but they may make finals?

Most sides with under19’s are playing boys up and down at the moment, and I guess some have decided they enjoy playing senior footy more..

There’s nothing else in it..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back