NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there is a social media policy with our league, and this aint a dig at the full timers in charge, but from a juniors perspective does anyone have any idea when a fixture for the remainder of the year might actually roll out?
I'm getting smashed by coaches/parents and the like at my club, all of whom (like all clubs do) juggle multiple siblings as well as outside interests and would like to try map out their weekends.
We're into June now ... so frustrating

Same thing happening in the EDFL mate..

Is the condition of the ovals playing a part in scheduling....? I never experienced this as a kid growing up as grading wasn't really an issue nor was the council grounds conditions - I suppose it's all part of changing with the eras.

Same thing happening in the EDFL mate..
I understand there is a social media policy with our league, and this aint a dig at the full timers in charge, but from a juniors perspective does anyone have any idea when a fixture for the remainder of the year might actually roll out?
I'm getting smashed by coaches/parents and the like at my club, all of whom (like all clubs do) juggle multiple siblings as well as outside interests and would like to try map out their weekends.
We're into June now ... so frustrating

Certainly no issue up in Kilmore, or any other venue we’ve been to on a Sunday so far.

We never had grading as a kid, it's pretty dumb to be honest especially with multiple kids playing different age groups.
I understand the premise behind grading however, i feel the lack of community bonding and creating a "i" culture rather than "club first" approach is really hurting, especially in metro areas... Kids don't grow up with structure or ambition to be part of the bigger picture... The U19's is suffering a similar issue with that age group disconnected from the senior ranks more often than not... It's the way development sports is now though, footy isn't isolated... My sons U9 BBall was at 3.10pm last weekend and we don't really know week from week where or when he's playing, having multiple kids under 16 years of age must be very demanding.

Long gone are the typical type set ups of younger kids early and a steady incline towards the older age groups - It's something i really liked as a kid growing up (Lew Hall trophy days), playing up an age group or two at times when needed and all teams either home or away.

The way it works towards fairness for scoreboards rather than building culture doesn't make it easy for clubs to retain and develop in my opinion with parents and players across multiple suburbs every weekend.

Last edited:
I understand the premise behind grading however, i feel the lack of community bonding and creating a "i" culture rather than "club first" approach is really hurting, especially in metro areas... Kids don't grow up with structure or ambition to be part of the bigger picture... The U19's is suffering a similar issue with that age group disconnected from the senior ranks more often than not... It's the way development sports is now though, footy isn't isolated... My sons U9 BBall was at 3.10pm last weekend and we don't really know week from week where or when he's playing, having multiple kids under 16 years of age must be very demanding.

Long gone are the typical type set ups of younger kids early and a steady incline towards the older age groups - It's something i really liked as a kid growing up (Lew Hall trophy days), playing up an age group or two at times when needed and all teams either home or away.

The way it works towards fairness for scoreboards rather than building culture doesn't make it easy for clubs to retain and develop in my opinion with parents and players across multiple suburbs every weekend.

Loved the Lou Hall trophy days at junior level. U9, U11, U13, U15 & U17 all playing the same team at the same venue.
A lot of the kids from the earlier games would hang around for the 17s, too

My biggest fear is next year if my second son wants to drop basketball and return to his footy that it’ll have to be elsewhere than Kilmore, as a single dad I’d prefer my children together on game days ... or at least where a fixture is on offer to plan around

Lalor looking much stronger shouldn't be many excuses for a loss this week. Turtles to give Kilmore a shake up with Malone to be the game changer in my eyes. Reservoir may as well start focusing on getting their 2s to the finals again. West v Morang will be an important duel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a log jam 2nd thru to 5th atm, & 6th maybe at a stretch, next couple of weeks could sort out the top 2 and see who's going to be fighting over the last 2 spots for seasons end...

West would be spewing with their form of late!

I see it as most likely

PH
Laurimar
Kilmore
West

I heard west limped to the line with no bench, drone what I heard they are struggling with injuries??

PH
Laurimar
Kilmore

Top 3 pick your order??

And 4 th could be a toss up between west, south and a fast finishing Mernda..!!

At the moment it looks Souths to lose..!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I heard west limped to the line with no bench, drone what I heard they are struggling with injuries??

PH
Laurimar
Kilmore

Top 3 pick your order??

Lalor to win next 7 matches and finish 4th

PH
Laurimar
Kilmore

Top 3 pick your order??

Mernda still 3 games out the 4 with 8 games left. Would have to win 7/8 games.

South West and Morang locked in fight for last 2 spots

Season over for turtles lalor and reservoir

Has to be West for me.

South have been lucky to scrape away for a win against Lalor and a draw against Eltham 2 sides West has easily handled.

Anyone have any thoughts on why West are where they are at? With Coulson, Miki back, Ewart & Moore boys, plus the playing coach + some players who have showed some good signs over last couple of years - I expected they would have been competitive against Hill & Laurimar. Clearly those two have them covered & Kilmore/Morang are also proving tough competitors for them. Is it just injuries? Adapting to new game plan / structures? I don't follow them intensely, but it's always good to see clubs like West improving from where they were a few years ago. It just seems like they have hit quicksand in their progress?

At the half way mark of the season, Laurimar look primed to finish on top and ready for any challengers. Hill will be looking to consolidate & and take 2nd spot by end of season. Kilmore is a great story and hope they're second half of the season goes just as well, and they play in their first finals series. Morang & West will be battling for that last spot.
Mernda will pick up a couple more scalps below them, but realistically they are not seeing any finals action this year. Eltham will be pleased with their first season efforts to date in the first half of season and will likely be looking to improve on that in the second half. Lalor know they've got a big job ahead of them, but could not of foreseen the injuries they've had this year. They just need to keep the positives going & finish off the season, hang onto the quality players they have picked up, and look to improvement in 2020. Reservoir are in a tough spot, but it's been good to see them competing in the last few weeks and even winning some quarters. It's not an overnight thing - but it's clear they are moving forward even if they have not picked up 4 points yet. I hope they hang in there.

Anyone have any thoughts on why West are where they are at? With Coulson, Miki back, Ewart & Moore boys, plus the playing coach + some players who have showed some good signs over last couple of years - I expected they would have been competitive against Hill & Laurimar. Clearly those two have them covered & Kilmore/Morang are also proving tough competitors for them. Is it just injuries? Adapting to new game plan / structures? I don't follow them intensely, but it's always good to see clubs like West improving from where they were a few years ago. It just seems like they have hit quicksand in their progress?

At the half way mark of the season, Laurimar look primed to finish on top and ready for any challengers. Hill will be looking to consolidate & and take 2nd spot by end of season. Kilmore is a great story and hope they're second half of the season goes just as well, and they play in their first finals series. Morang & West will be battling for that last spot.
Mernda will pick up a couple more scalps below them, but realistically they are not seeing any finals action this year. Eltham will be pleased with their first season efforts to date in the first half of season and will likely be looking to improve on that in the second half. Lalor know they've got a big job ahead of them, but could not of foreseen the injuries they've had this year. They just need to keep the positives going & finish off the season, hang onto the quality players they have picked up, and look to improvement in 2020. Reservoir are in a tough spot, but it's been good to see them competing in the last few weeks and even winning some quarters. It's not an overnight thing - but it's clear they are moving forward even if they have not picked up 4 points yet. I hope they hang in there.
Great write up.

I’m puzzled by West. I really thought while not at the top end at least pushing those sides.

They seem to have the best depth by a mile and plenty of handy quality players

Great write up.

I’m puzzled by West. I really thought while not at the top end at least pushing those sides.

They seem to have the best depth by a mile and plenty of handy quality players
Played last seasons finalists consecutively Laurimar copped a few hiding last year before going on a big run towards finals I don’t think they would be hitting the panic button yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back