NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st question might've come across a rough but second is a legitimate question... how are they still functioning? Its hard enough keeping a div 1 club functioning these days let alone a div 3 club thats won 1 game in 2 years.

1st question might've come across a rough but second is a legitimate question... how are they still functioning? Its hard enough keeping a div 1 club functioning these days let alone a div 3 club thats won 1 game in 2 years.

They have some solid foundations off the field at the moment, when we played them a few weeks back there was a very solid turnout on a day they had a reunion and you can't ask for much more than that. Getting a women's team and some increased netball numbers has helped them as well. Just lack the cattle on the field at the moment but hopefully it turns around soon for their sakes in that regard.

They came back from the dead so must be a lot of hard working passionate people behind the club.

Unfortunately it’s a tough road that is becoming more and more common.

They need a lucky break with a good group of players coming through.

Big finish to the year.

Mernda and South have a lot on the line this week.

Absolute dead rubber for Laurimar besides bragging rights to finish on top. Realistically will they bring their A game?

Mernda have an increasingly hard task of the Turtles at their home ground. Certainly no guarantee they'll win that

Have the bulldog bloods folded in the U19’s?

So Heidlberg West season finished in the seniors . Wish their 2s well in finals look the standout team . Is it pass mark for them ?. New coach got them off to good start after proactive pre season . Maybe still need to recruit or had recruit few more . But with the right recruitment and another year under new coach no reason why cant take the next step

So Heidlberg West season finished in the seniors . Wish their 2s well in finals look the standout team . Is it pass mark for them ?. New coach got them off to good start after proactive pre season . Maybe still need to recruit or had recruit few more . But with the right recruitment and another year under new coach no reason why cant take the next step
If the Turtles beat Mernda West will finish 3rd last.

I couldn’t imagine that was a pass Mark with super depth and a few handy recruits at the start of the year. The only reason they got off to a flier was the extremely kind fixture.

Then again as stated they clearly gave up on senior finals when they dropped their big recruit playing coach to the 2s

Last edited:

I couldn’t imagine that was a pass Mark with super depth and a few handy recruits at the start of the year. The only reason they got off to a flier was the extremely kind fixture.

Then again as stated they clearly gave up on senior finals when they dropped their big recruit playing coach to the 2s

Not 100 per cent sure maybe the playing coach system does not longer work ? not sure why he got dropped and has mainly played 2s but maybe he is under pressure but hard to gove just 1 season i would of thought.. Did recruit the right players or not pick up enough not sure. 1 season in keep everyone and add to the list who knows i guess . Their 2s are strong might be able to play few them

Not 100 per cent sure maybe the playing coach system does not longer work ? not sure why he got dropped and has mainly played 2s but maybe he is under pressure but hard to gove just 1 season i would of thought.. Did recruit the right players or not pick up enough not sure. 1 season in keep everyone and add to the list who knows i guess . Their 2s are strong might be able to play few them
Playing coaches are of a different era most likely that is the reason he scrapped playing. I wouldn’t have thought it had anything to do with qualifying for finals. Regardless of the draw it’s staggering they missed finals after being 5-0, injuries?

Missing finals certainly isn’t a pass mark for the year. The close games against Morang, Mernda and Turtles during the middle of the year where we gave up starts, fought back to be in front late in those games only to lose proved to be really costly at the end of the season. Win 2 of those and we are currently sitting 4th. Percentage has improved from last season and throughout the season we have had guys step up from the reserves that showed they can have an impact at senior level. Like every other side that misses finals we will continue to try and improve our club on and off field

Switch on you clown he hasn’t played for a month as he is clearly injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Switch on you clown he hasn’t played for a month as he is clearly injured.
We both know that’s a load of bull dust.

Answer this Max, why was he fit and firing against Laurimar on the 20th of July and then played reserves against PH on the 27th?

Anyone unfamiliar with finals qualifications it’s no more than 8 senior games and at least 3 reserves... funnily enough exactly what your coach has played.

The reason he hasn’t played is because it’ll effect his reserves qualification.

Sorry mate but people love to talk.

Answer this Max, why was he fit and firing against Laurimar on the 20th of July and then played reserves against PH on the 27th?

Anyone unfamiliar with finals qualifications it’s no more than 8 senior games and at least 3 reserves... funnily enough exactly what your coach has played.

its actually comical that you actually suggest that the senior coach or the football club would jeopardise potentially breaking a 20 year finals drought to qualify the senior coach to play reserves? Come on champ switch on.

You clearly weren’t at the game nor was the person you talk to. Join the dots.

What agenda are you running and what club are you afiliated with? I’ve been transparent with you how about you do the same champ.

Last edited:
its actually comical that you actually suggest that the senior coach or the football club would jeopardise potentially breaking a 20 year finals drought to qualify the senior coach to play reserves? Come on champ switch on.

You clearly weren’t at the game nor was the person you talk to. Join the dots.

What agenda are you running and what club are you afiliated with? I’ve been transparent with you how about you do the same champ.
Oh so you put him on the team sheet to qualify him for finals? Is that what you are saying? 3 times that is. And conveniently only played the max 8 games in the seniors. Come on mate... laughable

I spend most of my time watching Mernda or Thomastown mate. Got a lot of mates at West though.

Oh so you put him on the team sheet to qualify him for finals? Is that what you are saying? 3 times that is. And conveniently only played the max 8 games in the seniors. Come on mate... laughable

I spend most of my time watching Mernda or Thomastown mate. Got a lot of mates at West though.
Little bit confused with the obsession on this topic. Will whether he plays or not even make a difference. Im sorry but im not understanding your argument about this.

Little bit confused with the obsession on this topic. Will whether he plays or not even make a difference. Im sorry but im not understanding your argument about this.
Quite a number of topics of late have had me confused to be truthful, on another one must say it was great to see the Lalor prez swing thru North Heidelberg on Saturday, assuming to see Leigh Gray inducted into their Hall of Fame.
Just another way this fella not only sells his club ... but himself too, coz at the end of the day many lifelong friends, peers and mentors are forged via all our respective local footy journeys.

Last edited:
Big talking point for West people.

During pre season a lot people hyped West as a finals side and this was finally the year.

Fast forward and they are a decent chance to finish 3rd or 4th last while they worry about qualifying their star recruit coach for finals. Many believe it’s a poor look.

Quite a number of topics of late have had me confused to be truthful, on another one must say it was great to see the Lalor prez swing thru North Heidelberg on Saturday, assuming to see Leigh Gray inducted into their Hall of Fame.
Just another way this fella not only sells his club ... but himself too, coz at the end of the day many lifelong friends, peers and mentors are forged via all our respective local footy journeys.

I think the inner suburban clubs really need to embrace each other as respectful allies to ensure there own longevity. Ben has set the example for all clubs committees.

I think the inner suburban clubs really need to embrace each other as respectful allies to ensure there own longevity. Ben has set the example for all clubs committees.
Wont lie it's one thing I've battled with having been a country football player, coach etc up until about a decade ago.

You can actually walk into some suburban environments and cop a real feel of "who's this bloke" whereas I've always loved to walk into social rooms wherever I go, look at honour boards, photo's etc and try get a feel for a club as more often than not I will be familiar with someone or something I see.

Anyway it is what it is these days, the worlds changing, young blokes are far more entitled and hold higher opinions of themselves far above anything some of their football resume's reflect but as long as there are clubs to visit on a Saturday arvo it can't be all that bad.

The coach is s**t anyway. He faked an injury so he didn’t have to play seniors but now won’t get a game in the ressies as he couldn’t hit the side of a barn door
Was it really worth your time setting up a new account for that throwaway line? Should of just used one of your other accounts.. :rolleyes:

Does anyone actually care about the on field stuff ? Isn’t it why you follow a club or the league? I follow this forum for a bit of a laugh every now and then. But fair dinkum if your a coach or a club committee member and you take anything said on here to heart your a fool. It’s garbage.
If anybody wants to have a crack at answering my next ... go for it !!
1. Who wins the granny and why? Which club is best placed to make an impact in D2 next year,
2. Of the sides likely to be in the 4, who are each teams top 3 guys and why? in terms of importance to their side getting the win on the day.

Stop crapping on about each sides coaches. It’s D3.. Alistair Clarkson isn’t kicking around and I’m sure nobody sets out to have an unsuccessful year .. but it’s a competition and that’s what’s gonna happen for some clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back