NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]

100% sitting back in Bali listening to all this absolute s**t regarding the Mernda Fella, not a good look I agree, but can tell tell you that from what’ve heard is what about the elbow to the head in the contest that went un noticed. ( again ) this bloke cops it every week and just goes along with it.
All I ******* know is go down to the club and introduce yourself to him and you will see the gentle nature that he is. Yes not a good look, when they show him standing over the bloke from the leader news, I say keep your elbows down dick head and s**t like this won’t happen.
And Umpires open your ******* eyes, a lot of this s**t would not happen if you were onto it. But hey...it is third division, they would give a fu** which umpire they sent.

Even the Laurimer bloke gone done for six weeks for spitting on know one
[/QUOTE]

Ask any ruckman their is stray elbows to the head every game as quoted by yourself. This is not unusual and your friend I am sure would be guilty of it

As for his gentle nature. It’s quite funny after a small big of digging with a few folk from his old club I found he had prior weeks for poor on field actions. But I mean just because he doesn’t knock out randoms on introduction means he isn’t a thug?

You are simply exactly what’s wrong with Merndas current culture.

Well done to the NFNL for acting appropriately

Last edited:
Article in the local says a fair bit about Desi I reckon, acknowledges the Umps made their decision so “play on” ... 4498527B-28AC-4D04-A865-8687C668E3C9.jpeg
Mernda won eight of its last 10 games, knocking off finalists Kilmore and South Morang, but the Lions final-round win over Laurimar sealed a top-four finish.
Derrick said it was disappointing to be moving on but believed the club had a bright future.

“I love the place. It’s disappointing but the club has made their choice, so we accept it,” he said.
“I probably knew four weeks, the club had the way they wanted to do it, that’s the way footy is.

“We were expecting to be at Mernda for a year or two more, we thought we’d done some good ground work, the future’s really bright there.”

Demons football manager Shaun Mills paid tribute to the outgoing coach.

“Desi is a life member, so we were very respectful of his position in the club. He’s still a valued member of the club,” he said.

Kilmore would be pretty happy with there potential juniors coming through with Crosbie who I think has played some senior footy as a 17 year old and a couple other juniors winning league best & fairests
You’d hope so hey, I often feel a lot of junior success should be guided by repeat business the following season so I guess we’ll know in 2020 how good the junior club has been in helping the club return to the field at U19 level.

In Bali bozo
Drinking plenty!
Thanks for the advice **** smoker
="10571z, post: 62143344, member: 29998"]
Looks like Mike Hunter got his first taste of beer last night.

100% sitting back in Bali listening to all this absolute s**t regarding the Mernda Fella, not a good look I agree, but can tell tell you that from what’ve heard is what about the elbow to the head in the contest that went un noticed. ( again ) this bloke cops it every week and just goes along with it.
All I ******* know is go down to the club and introduce yourself to him and you will see the gentle nature that he is. Yes not a good look, when they show him standing over the bloke from the leader news, I say keep your elbows down dick head and s**t like this won’t happen.
And Umpires open your ******* eyes, a lot of this s**t would not happen if you were onto it. But hey...it is third division, they would give a fu** which umpire they sent.

[/QUOTE]

It's moments like this when I wish that Bali never been got the internet available

Article in the local says a fair bit about Desi I reckon, acknowledges the Umps made their decision so “play on” ... View attachment 731823
Mernda won eight of its last 10 games, knocking off finalists Kilmore and South Morang, but the Lions final-round win over Laurimar sealed a top-four finish.
Derrick said it was disappointing to be moving on but believed the club had a bright future.

“I love the place. It’s disappointing but the club has made their choice, so we accept it,” he said.
“I probably knew four weeks, the club had the way they wanted to do it, that’s the way footy is.

“We were expecting to be at Mernda for a year or two more, we thought we’d done some good ground work, the future’s really bright there.”

Demons football manager Shaun Mills paid tribute to the outgoing coach.

“Desi is a life member, so we were very respectful of his position in the club. He’s still a valued member of the club,” he said.

Interesting they've "punted" a life member who looks to have done a really good job. Wonder how much grace Fletcher (I'll be shocked if he's not appointed) gets if things don't pan out.

[/QUOTE]

Ask any ruckman their is stray elbows to the head every game as quoted by yourself. This is not unusual and your friend I am sure would be guilty of it

As for his gentle nature. It’s quite funny after a small big of digging with a few folk from his old club I found he had prior weeks for poor on field actions. But I mean just because he doesn’t knock out randoms on introduction means he isn’t a thug?

You are simply exactly what’s wrong with Merndas current culture.

Well done to the NFNL for acting appropriately
[/QUOTE]
😂 “knock out randoms on introduction” that’s a crack up of a quote, the mental picture of that is hilarious

Stay tuned this time next year 😉

Yeah seems to be an annual event @ Mernda - change your smoke alarm, change your coach :rolleyes: They finally have a long serving coach (2 years - long term in Mernda's current era) and they have a couple of good years of 19's, show some positive development with their younger players & they decide to move on the bloke who seems to have been the driving force behind it? Maybe some of the past players of the club - from when they were a great club, competitive, proud and loyal - should stand up at the AGM and call out the puppets running the place, and their puppeteers if they own up to it.
Just frustrating to watch a club declining from the grand old Schotters Rd days.

Morang by 10 pts. Their form last week and record against Kilmore this year puts their nose in front.
Hill by 12 pts. Laurimar been great all year, but Hilliers seem to have most back on the field at the right end of the season and should hold out Power in the first finals clash..

Just shows this league is a joke. For some stupid reason I was looking at who was umpiring finals this week, to be shocked to see the umpire in charge of Turtles and Mernda who was in control at time of incident which resulted in 12 weeks to has been REWARDED for his efforts on the day by being appointed BOTH 1st and 2nd Semi finals. Surely the league is taking everyone for a ride and they arent that short of umpires, there is actually less games this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's moments like this when I wish that Bali never been got the internet available
[/QUOTE]
Im from another comp. This was not a 12 weeker. 6-8 at best. Still not a good look. Play got up, amd there was a little bit of provocation.

Max "Back to the VAFA" Leader

Im from another comp. This was not a 12 weeker. 6-8 at best. Still not a good look. Play got up, amd there was a little bit of provocation.

Max "Back to the VAFA" Leader
I don’t believe the fact the player got up constitutes a huge discount.

Hot tip! if you don’t want to be suspended for 12 weeks don’t chase someone down and punch them in the back of the head.

I followed that rule and managed to go through my football career without suspension.

Do they even film in the VAFA?

Just shows this league is a joke. For some stupid reason I was looking at who was umpiring finals this week, to be shocked to see the umpire in charge of Turtles and Mernda who was in control at time of incident which resulted in 12 weeks to has been REWARDED for his efforts on the day by being appointed BOTH 1st and 2nd Semi finals. Surely the league is taking everyone for a ride and they arent that short of umpires, there is actually less games this weekend.
I don’t see your issue. Obviously didn’t see the incident as the ball had moved from the vicinity. I’m sure they pick umpires on their ability to umpire, not if they can see off the ball incidents out of the corner of their eye. Time to get over it.

I don’t see your issue. Obviously didn’t see the incident as the ball had moved from the vicinity. I’m sure they pick umpires on their ability to umpire, not if they can see off the ball incidents out of the corner of their eye. Time to get over it.
Turtles have a good senior team in this week
:p

Based on some of the iffy VAFA suspensions this year, that Mernda player would be given a life ban

Last edited:
Would love to see a close contest tomorrow, however I can’t see Laurimar getting over Panton Hill. We may also find Whittlesea’s deck won’t bother Panton Hill as well... they have moved the footy really well the last couple of appearances at big grounds.

Last edited:
Absolute rort of the highest order, assume all proceeds are divided between competing clubs 😏
Haha we wish. In division 1 I would say some years they’d do over 30-50k on the gate (I’m taking a punt 3-5 thousand rock up) and the teams get zero. Even a couple of thousand each for putting on a great spectacle would be good.

Don’t get me wrong it costs a lot to run a league and NFNL do a great job but it’s still pretty greedy.

Haha we wish. In division 1 I would say some years they’d do over 30-50k on the gate (I’m taking a punt 3-5 thousand rock up) and the teams get zero. Even a couple of thousand each for putting on a great spectacle would be good.

Don’t get me wrong it costs a lot to run a league and NFNL do a great job but it’s still pretty greedy.
at the end of the day I believe the NFNL should provide all financial records to their shareholders in which is all the affiliated clubs. It’s easier to comment from the cheap seats behind a keyboard which I’m doing. I think all staffs wages and others expenses should be made public as clubs pay big $ in affiliation fees. As for AFL Victoria and their money grabbing antics that’s a different story.

Great day of footy.

Wind was horrendous and probably hurt Laurimar a bit as they basically had no run (only tiny patches)

Laurimar never gave up and I certainly wouldn’t be engraving the cup just yet. Dry still day and Laurimar could easily win. Laurimar talls controlled the air I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back