NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's what I was told in a conference on Tuesday morning so I'm only passing on what was told

Justin Sherman not returning to Laurimar Power. What sort of coach should they be looking for? Good young list but will they all stay with Shermo moving on

Justin Sherman not returning to Laurimar Power. What sort of coach should they be looking for? Good young list but will they all stay with Shermo moving on
Massive loss, good bloke and great player.

Coaches don’t grow on trees but I’d be looking for someone proven with their position. It’s a fairly attractive job with a good chance at a flag.

Massive loss, good bloke and great player.

Coaches don’t grow on trees but I’d be looking for someone proven with their position. It’s a fairly attractive job with a good chance at a flag.

Definitely a big loss for the Power and competition in general, as both player and coach

It seems to be an attractive job with good young players, but there is always some who might leave to follow Shermo depending on where he might go

Definitely a big loss for the Power and competition in general, as both player and coach

It seems to be an attractive job with good young players, but there is always some who might leave to follow Shermo depending on where he might go

Any news from this division? Any info where Sherman might pop up?

Not much news going around.

It’s hard to picture what next year might look like.

Anyone know who laurimar will go after ... I reckon it's great gig they had few under 19 in their prelim loss .. Their will be few applying no doubt

Plenty of good jobs around, a lot of guys from the AFL system probably looking as well.
I don't think this would be a good fit as i think any coach that has been at an AFL/VFL will struggle with the lack of professionalism fitness and skill to implement their game plan in this lower division in any league .Also i reckon the coaches will also struggle to dumb down their game plan to suit as they are so used to time with the players and resources to teach .It could well be a case of how much they want $ wise as well

I don't think this would be a good fit as i think any coach that has been at an AFL/VFL will struggle with the lack of professionalism fitness and skill to implement their game plan in this lower division in any league .Also i reckon the coaches will also struggle to dumb down their game plan to suit as they are so used to time with the players and resources to teach .It could well be a case of how much they want $ wise as well
I certainly wasn’t implying a Afl coach would go to laurimar sorry. Just meant they may fill above jobs.

Many make ordinary local coach’s when they take on their own side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly wasn’t implying a Afl coach would go to laurimar sorry. Just meant they may fill above jobs.

I think its really good gig for anyone and most sort after .. Not sure what type coach they will go for but ill guess we'll find out soon enough

Sherman hadn’t coached at AFL level but had played over 100 AFL games and did a great job at Laurimar.
if they have kept all of there list that was going to play in 2020it would be a great gig for any coach I would think. will be very interesting who they do announce as head coach, you would think it might be soon so as (hopefully) get organised for 2021 season

Its not out of the question about going for the laurimar gig as there will be a lot of ex vfl and afl coaches looking for a gig but i know a few that struggled to find a right balance one coach that was at werribee and greenvale struggled too adapt comes readily to mind .

Definitely a challenge for an AFL or VFL coach to come back to local footy however I think it just depends upon each individual
There have definitely been plenty that have struggled with different levels of professionalism etc but those like Sherman who definitely improved the professionalism of Laurimar players
Will be interesting to see who gets the gig

Not sure what Lalor were told about their new recruit

“Finished in the top 5 of the WRFL goal kickers 5 years in a row”

He literally hasn’t done it once...

2015 - 6
2016 - 15
2017 - 7
2018 - 31 (6th)
2019 - 36 (11th)
That’s embarrassing for himself and the club to be posting that!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back